As predicted, and honestly assumed - Biden's unity pledge was lip service. And nothing more.

We have a long tradition of leaving a president alone once he leaves office,

We've had many long traditions go away in the last 4 years, Like the non violent transfer of power and not trying to shut down Congress while it is in joint session counting the EC votes. Another long standing tradition we've had for hundreds of years was broken after Trumpy was recorded attempting voter fraud in Georgia.

So I hope we break that one too.
Once broken, it cannot be re-established and democrat presidents will face the same hounding every day of their lives. Quid Pro will likely step in with a pardon "for the healing of the nation" or some such.

Who is Biden to stand in the way of the most bipartisan impeachment ever to take place.

He's not really responsible for addressing what Trump may have done illegally while Potus. It's the Senate's baby now. Biden could pardon them though, but … probably not.
If he didn't pardon, he knows the crosshairs would be on him. We have a long tradition of leaving a president alone once he leaves office, and each new president has incentive to do so because each president does things he knows would get him in a lot of trouble, and each new president knows what the last one did.
Trump's not leaving office without still contending he was a the victim of some conspiracy theory he cannot prove. Trump's morally and civilly fair game for inciting a riot …. if it is shown he had a reason to suspect they'd actually attack the capitol
Good luck proving any of that. especially given that he explicitly told people going to the capitol to do it peacefully.
He also told them rules don't apply. I'm not prejudging, I'm just wondering why you'd give him a pass if he's complicit.

He's not really responsible for addressing what Trump may have done illegally while Potus. It's the Senate's baby now. Biden could pardon them though, but … probably not.
If he didn't pardon, he knows the crosshairs would be on him. We have a long tradition of leaving a president alone once he leaves office, and each new president has incentive to do so because each president does things he knows would get him in a lot of trouble, and each new president knows what the last one did.
Trump's not leaving office without still contending he was a the victim of some conspiracy theory he cannot prove. Trump's morally and civilly fair game for inciting a riot …. if it is shown he had a reason to suspect they'd actually attack the capitol
Good luck proving any of that. especially given that he explicitly told people going to the capitol to do it peacefully.
He also told them rules don't apply. I'm not prejudging, I'm just wondering why you'd give him a pass if he's complicit.
I don't think he's complicit, and that's what's going to need proving. A few vague phrases from speeches here and there are not going to cut it. The impeachment was a sham because they allowed no time for facts be gathered, witnesses be interviewed, effort to determine true guilt or innocence. It was a complete political hit job that I think will backfire on them.

Forum List

Back