As layoffs loom, unemployment benefits look a lot different from last year.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
That’s largely due to the expiration of temporary federal policies enacted in March 2020 and which extended to Labor Day last year. Those policies raised the amount of weekly benefits, increased the duration of aid and greatly expanded the categories of workers who qualify.

“The big difference [now] is the programs that were available during the pandemic [are no longer] available.

Lower benefit amounts

Unemployment insurance is a joint state-federal program. Certain aspects, such as weekly benefit amount, vary considerably from state to state.

States pay benefits up to a weekly maximum. That cap is less than $300 a week in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee, while aid can max out over $600 a week in New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah and Washington state.

The federal government paid an additional $600 a week to all unemployment recipients for about four months in 2020; that supplement fell to $300 a week for periods of 2020 and 2021 before ending nationwide in September.

That federal stipend is no longer available. Without it, the average American received $355 a week from the unemployment system in the first quarter of 2022, according to Labor Department data. Those benefits replaced about 38% of prelayoff wages, on average.

Shorter benefit duration

States also set a maximum duration of benefits. Generally, recipients can collect unemployment insurance for up to 26 weeks. But there are some exceptions.

As layoffs loom, unemployment benefits look a lot different from last year. Here’s what you need to know before you file

All I can say is become marketable.....Maybe wash your ass and brush your teeth.....And wear a suit made out of something approaching cloth. ;)

1661345497868.png

Yea, U/E benefits will be lower than they were during that overblown hoax pandemic...when Democrats boosted U/E benefits.....you know, back when Conservatives were complaining about it?

So you should be happy that people will be getting less now....

Yea, U/E benefits will be lower than they were during that overblown hoax pandemic...when Democrats boosted U/E benefits.....you know, back when Conservatives were complaining about it?

If the idiots would have left things alone, those people who received those "extra" benefits wouldn't have needed them........They HAD jobs.

That’s largely due to the expiration of temporary federal policies enacted in March 2020 and which extended to Labor Day last year. Those policies raised the amount of weekly benefits, increased the duration of aid and greatly expanded the categories of workers who qualify.

“The big difference [now] is the programs that were available during the pandemic [are no longer] available.

Lower benefit amounts

Unemployment insurance is a joint state-federal program. Certain aspects, such as weekly benefit amount, vary considerably from state to state.

States pay benefits up to a weekly maximum. That cap is less than $300 a week in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee, while aid can max out over $600 a week in New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah and Washington state.

The federal government paid an additional $600 a week to all unemployment recipients for about four months in 2020; that supplement fell to $300 a week for periods of 2020 and 2021 before ending nationwide in September.

That federal stipend is no longer available. Without it, the average American received $355 a week from the unemployment system in the first quarter of 2022, according to Labor Department data. Those benefits replaced about 38% of prelayoff wages, on average.

Shorter benefit duration

States also set a maximum duration of benefits. Generally, recipients can collect unemployment insurance for up to 26 weeks. But there are some exceptions.

As layoffs loom, unemployment benefits look a lot different from last year. Here’s what you need to know before you file

All I can say is become marketable.....Maybe wash your ass and brush your teeth.....And wear a suit made out of something approaching cloth. ;)

Exactly why is unemployment looming?

We have more unfilled jobs than at any time in our history.

1661348845914.png

Exactly why is unemployment looming?

We have more unfilled jobs than at any time in our history.

View attachment 686520
Well the ones sitting home on their ass availing themselves of .gov bennies are ahead of the coming lay-off curb.....That and the service/healthcare sectors are where the openings are and that is not the tide that raises all economic boats.

I guess folks better be prepared to fight the newly arrived illegals for those jobs when their higher paying sectors goes tits-up next year.

Ford announced they are cutting 3K white collar jobs so they can concentrate on EVs.....Insiders say it will be closer to 7K by the time they are done on the contract end.....I guess they better learn to flip burgers, make beds, or change bedpans.

Well the ones sitting home on their ass availing themselves of .gov bennies are ahead of the coming lay-off curb.....That and the service/healthcare sectors are where the openings are and that is not the tide that raises all economic boats.

I guess folks better be prepared to fight the newly arrived illegals for those jobs when their higher paying sectors goes tits-up next year.

Ford announced they are cutting 3K white collar jobs so they can concentrate on EVs.....Insiders say it will be closer to 7K by the time they are done on the contract end.....I guess they better learn to flip burgers, make beds, or change bedpans.

You all and your wishful thinking.

An engineer at Ford averages about 96 grand a year. My wife, an RN makes more than that. My 27 year old daughter, also an RN working now for an medical device company, makes way more than that.

As a data analyst I am considering technically to be in the service industry, I make more than that.

There is an abundance of good paying job sitting empty right now. There is no looming layoff storm coming, despite all your hopes and dreams it does.

You all and your wishful thinking.

An engineer at Ford averages about 96 grand a year. My wife, an RN makes more than that. My 27 year old daughter, also an RN working now for an medical device company, makes way more than that.

As a data analyst I am considering technically to be in the service industry, I make more than that.

There is an abundance of good paying job sitting empty right now. There is no looming layoff storm coming, despite all your hopes and dreams it does.
Enjoy your replacement by a H1B. ;)

Given your body of "work" here I'd be worried if I was you.....You don't seem to be the brightest bulb in the pack.....Just sayin'. ;)

Yeah, you partisan drones are like that, anyone that does not agree with your political views is seen that way.

Good thing you do not sign my check.

I'd replace you just for shits and grins.....One monkey don't stop no show.

Of course you would, you put emotions before data and profits. That is the very heart of being a partisan drone.

Forum List

Back