Artistic freedom is under assault following this shocking cancellation.

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
hollywoodintoto.com ^ | May 29, 2019 | Christian Toto

The Mead Theatre in D.C. opened its creative arms for Phelim McAleer’s latest project.

Those arms abruptly closed today.

The play, “FBI Lovebirds: UnderCovers,” casts Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson as FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. The production’s dialogue comes straight from the pair’s texts, which revealed both their romantic affair as well as plans to battle Donald Trump’s rise to the Oval Office.

The team behind the project just announced the theater will no longer be renting space for the performance. The theater cited “threats of violence” for why it reversed course, according to “FBI Lovebirds” email.

HiT reached out to The Studio Theatre, which houses three theaters including The Mead Theatre. The person answering the phone confirmed the cancellation and read a prepared statement regarding the matter.

Here’s the official statement from the D.C.-based theater.

“Studio Theatre has cancelled its contract with third-party rental client Unreported Story Society. Media reports have made us aware of undisclosed details about the event and have generated open and violent threats against the theater and event participants. Studio has an institutional responsibility to consider the safety of our staff, patrons, community, event organizers and attendees. These concerns must be paramount.”

It’s merely the latest example of the modern Left threatening, and sometimes using, violence to suppress speech.

Conservative speakers have been verbally attacked across the country, typically in university settings. Some have had materials thrown at them. Others have suffered physical injuries due to the violent protests swirling around their speeches.

The Daily Wire’s Ben Shapiro, a mainstream conservative and popular podcaster, requires thousands of dollars in security to speak at college campuses. It cost $600,000 to protect Shapiro during his 2017 appearance at UC Berkeley, formerly known as a bastion of free speech.

The play in question almost certainly casts the Obama-era FBI in a toxic light given what we already know about the text exchanges. The production employs Verbatim Theatre, a style which uses sources like grand jury testimony and official documents to tell a story. The drama doesn’t flow from a playwright’s imagination, as is the case with the vast majority of plays.

-------------

Ben Shapiro isn’t a ‘writer for Newsweek’ although his writings may have appeared there. He most certainly IS a conservative, with a radio show on right after Rush.

This article is surprising in that it admits the left-wing violence against conservative speakers.

hollywoodintoto.com ^ | May 29, 2019 | Christian Toto

The Mead Theatre in D.C. opened its creative arms for Phelim McAleer’s latest project.

Those arms abruptly closed today.

The play, “FBI Lovebirds: UnderCovers,” casts Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson as FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. The production’s dialogue comes straight from the pair’s texts, which revealed both their romantic affair as well as plans to battle Donald Trump’s rise to the Oval Office.

The team behind the project just announced the theater will no longer be renting space for the performance. The theater cited “threats of violence” for why it reversed course, according to “FBI Lovebirds” email.

HiT reached out to The Studio Theatre, which houses three theaters including The Mead Theatre. The person answering the phone confirmed the cancellation and read a prepared statement regarding the matter.

Here’s the official statement from the D.C.-based theater.

“Studio Theatre has cancelled its contract with third-party rental client Unreported Story Society. Media reports have made us aware of undisclosed details about the event and have generated open and violent threats against the theater and event participants. Studio has an institutional responsibility to consider the safety of our staff, patrons, community, event organizers and attendees. These concerns must be paramount.”

It’s merely the latest example of the modern Left threatening, and sometimes using, violence to suppress speech.

Conservative speakers have been verbally attacked across the country, typically in university settings. Some have had materials thrown at them. Others have suffered physical injuries due to the violent protests swirling around their speeches.

The Daily Wire’s Ben Shapiro, a mainstream conservative and popular podcaster, requires thousands of dollars in security to speak at college campuses. It cost $600,000 to protect Shapiro during his 2017 appearance at UC Berkeley, formerly known as a bastion of free speech.

The play in question almost certainly casts the Obama-era FBI in a toxic light given what we already know about the text exchanges. The production employs Verbatim Theatre, a style which uses sources like grand jury testimony and official documents to tell a story. The drama doesn’t flow from a playwright’s imagination, as is the case with the vast majority of plays.

-------------

Ben Shapiro isn’t a ‘writer for Newsweek’ although his writings may have appeared there. He most certainly IS a conservative, with a radio show on right after Rush.

This article is surprising in that it admits the left-wing violence against conservative speakers.
Quick-call Robert DeNiro! He will punch out the theater owners!

you just had a member of the board lose it over rambo and the NRA

that guy probably started threatening them :10:

Lefttards need to get angrier and even more vocal Its really drawing the normies into the democratic party .
To help draw attention to your righteous causes i recommend the new i hate trump challenge

bz-5cf0005c381b2.jpeg

you'll help reclaim the color orange
you can do it LEFTIES!

I remember country singer Alan Jackson getting death threats when he opened a place here in east TN back in 1998/1999. Why him? I have no idea. His appearance at the place did come later eventually. I know because I was there.

God bless you and him and Kristy and Dean always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, the show must go on.

I remember country singer Alan Jackson getting death threats when he opened a place here in east TN back in 1998/1999. Why him? I have no idea. His appearance at the place did come later eventually. I know because I was there.

God bless you and him and Kristy and Dean always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, the show must go on.

Commas are important! They are a matter of life and death!

There is a difference in "Let's eat, Grandpa!" and "Let's eat Grandpa!". Lives depend on that comma!

Forum List

Back