Artificial Intelligence

Dog is an intelligent animal. I hear people say that they only have instinct. That is not correct. I have seen my own dogs solve problems that they have never faced before.

The relationship between dogs and humans is unique in the natural world.

If Artificial Intelligence is defined as self consciousness, what would be the test to determine if self consciousness has been truly achieved ?
A statement by the AI that it is aware of itself is not enough.
If there was a test, could the AI learn of the test, react accordingly and defeat the accuracy of the test ?
AI could not survive an EMP, the biological brain can.

Perhaps we humans are just the worker bees for a universal intelligence. We experience our entire lives (which in the grand scheme of things is a very small amount of time), but when we die our accumulated intelligence (soul) returns to the universal mind which grows in strength.

In short, perhaps WE are the computers?

Is true 'artificial intelligence' possible? Intelligence in the sense that we understand it as a human trait? If so, what does this mean about our view of ourselves and our place in the world? It raises questions of a spiritual and theological nature as well, but I suppose that's for another thread.
Yes. True AI is indeed possible. Yes, even in the sense that we understand intelligence as a human trait.

It means intelligence can come from artificial means.

Our place in the world is greatly exaggerated.

Perhaps we humans are just the worker bees for a universal intelligence. We experience our entire lives (which in the grand scheme of things is a very small amount of time), but when we die our accumulated intelligence (soul) returns to the universal mind which grows in strength.

In short, perhaps WE are the computers?

Or maybe we're the neurons.

I believe that after the creation of AI in human life there will be a new stage. You could even say, revolution.
1) People will not need to work hard to earn a living. All things will be made by intelligent machines. People will be paid welfare that they will buy produced by machines things: food, clothes, cars, TVs and smartphones. Machines will invent new useful things. Perhaps that will solve the problem of the unlimited extension of life - people will become immortal.
2) Smart machines will produce all scientific work and works of art. Will be abolished academic and scientific awards (e.g. Nobel prize) and the prize in the arts (e.g., Oscar).
3) Most likely, the machine will create its own civilization. In the future machines will contain people as people now keep animals in zoos. But I hope that people will retain their autonomy and self-governance, will remain elected positions like presidents and judges.

Last edited:
Matchstick Modeling

When we go to SeaWorld (San Diego, California), a famous ocean-life theme park and aquarium, we might notice that our society is fascinated by dioramas of life and the desire to preserve it at great costs. Then we turn on the TV and hear news reports of manmade-pollution related acid rain which is negatively affecting Earth's ecosystems, and we wonder if 'life dioramas' such as SeaWorld as symbols of hypocrisy.

In the 1980s, when compact audio cassettes were being mass-marketed, consumers obtained the first 'audio media storage-playback toy.' People were free to make their own mix-tapes and shuffle songs and store them in whatever chronology they chose, and this was a breakthrough and it catalyzed the sale of Walkmans.

It's obvious that human beings like making models --- miniature environments (i.e., SeaWorld), data-storage toys (i.e., audio cassettes), etc.

Is Artificial Intelligence simply a model of macro-ecology?

:afro:

Brainiac

blaster.jpg

Human intelligence could not exist without electrical power. Our brains use electrical power to transmit signals to our body.

Forum List

Back