Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution - the Senate has the power to try ALL impeachments

MadDog

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution states that:
“The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.”

Notice that is specifically says ALL impeachments. It offers no exceptions.

i wonder why Trump hasn’t filed suit to quash the indictment.

Last edited:
“The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.”

Notice that is specifically says ALL impeachments.
The denazification of the twice impeached president trump's remaining appointees and bureau hirings will require time, some will require impeachment, but it must be done for the good of the republic.

(Only a weasel would throw the insurgents he sent to the Capitol to attempt his coup, under the bus by blaming them for everything, AND saying they should be severely punished.)

The denazification of the twice impeached president trump's remaining appointees and bureau hirings will require time, some will require impeachment, but it must be done for the good of the republic.

(Only a weasel would throw the insurgents he sent to the Capitol to attempt his coup, under the bus by blaming them for everything, AND saying they should be severely punished.)

Too bad we haven’t replicated Germany’s ban on Nazis. Trump never would’ve been able to run for office.

Turns out that there were a lot of antifa in the mix---no one wants to help them.

Too bad we haven’t replicated Germany’s ban on Nazis. Trump never would’ve been able to run for office.
Up until now, the Nazis in this country hadn't qualified as a terrorist group. But, with their weasel-in-chief's blessings, they took the steps necessary to make the list.

In fact, some moved beyond terrorism, they made the jump all the way to traitor. Still, they had the blessings of their weasel-in-chief.

Turns out that there were a lot of antifa in the mix---no one wants to help them.
As far as I know, only one person is now thought to be an infiltrator and he isn’t really part on antifa - John Sullivan. Aaron Morofsky was initially accused by being Antifa but was later found to be a Trump supporter. Have you got any other names. I’m sure as a Trumper, you would NEVER make a baseless claim.

It will require a court of law to determine the exact role played by any actual Antifa members among the traitors sent to the Capitol by their weasel-in-chief. The RWNJs' conspiracy theories are irrelevant. Much the same as they are irrelevant about election fraud.

The Constitution permits more consequences than just removal from office.

The Constitution permits more consequences than just removal from office.
Let's hope Ted Cruz and associates is permitted to enjoy some of those consequences, the harshest.

They can try Biden on 1/21/21

Yea douchebag...put it to a vote in the House

Yea douchebag...put it to a vote in the House

We will! Once a week, until enough democrats start to free themselves from Pelosi's reign of terror

Forum List

Back