Article: "Democrats debate themselves: Why do we suck?"

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Looks like the Democrats will be smeared (to some degree) here in a couple of weeks. I checked out this opinion piece to see what the pre-emptive self-reflection might look like.

Yes, the main reasoning for this will be that this is what has historically happened -- the party in power gets its ass kicked in off-year elections. Back and forth, back and forth, the two parties proving beyond any doubt that (a) they don't deserve too much power and (b) We the People wish they'd get the fuck over themselves and work together. And yes, if you look at the actual popular vote totals, the Dems still represent the most voters. That can only be denied by those who are being manipulated and lied to.

Both are true. BUT...

It doesn't look to me that the Democrats have yet looked honestly at what has (a) animated their political opponents and (b) kept other Americans from voting for them: Their positions on the wide range of issues that could be called "cultural". I've been screaming about Political Correctness and Identity Politics for the ten years I've been on this board, and now those tactics are coming home to roost. Do Democrats still feel that that's wrong, that those are winning issues for them at such a critical time?

PC/Identity Politics touches a wide range of topics, from the military to entertainment to education to crime. James Carville gets it. Bill Maher gets it. A few others get it. So do the Republicans. And now they're so energized and animated over them that they're on the verge of taking over our very electoral system over a lie from an obvious con man. Does this hit home to Democrats, at all? I don't see it in this opinion piece, or anywhere else.

Let's be honest here, shall we?

Trump go elected because he punched back at people punching us for decades.

He is an idiot. He has no business being an elected official. But, that's what We the People do when you try to shove the establishment down our throats over and over while telling us it will be different this time.

The CRT, PC, and other Critical Theory and Alinsky tactics along with the left completely ignoring the "summer of love" (all communists) just add fuel to the fire.

No they learned nothing from Hillary, and they have learned nothing now.
And neither has anyone else.
Currently we may have one of the most personally corrupt individuals in the White House in modern history who also has dementia.
So...no... no one has or will learn anything.
We might as well be voting for squirrels at this point. One Democrat and one Republican. If they have those two letters by their name - they will vote for them.

Republicans are running some flawed candidates.
Walker, Oz, Lake, Masters, MTG, Boebert

But Democrats struggle to beat them

The reason is they allow Republicans to control the message. Republicans are masters at diverting the issue and turning elections into discussions about Transexuals and CRT

The reason is they allow Republicans to control the message. Republicans are masters at diverting the issue and turning elections into discussions about Transexuals and CRT
This is why "democrats suck"

He is an idiot. He has no business being an elected official. But, that's what We the People do when you try to shove the establishment down our throats over and over while telling us it will be different this time.

The CRT, PC, and other Critical Theory and Alinsky tactics along with the left completely ignoring the "summer of love" (all communists) just add fuel to the fire.
i can still see fetterman getting elected.
A lot of people will vote for him out of spite, or as a gag
And when biden and obama went to Philly that was a dog whistle to ramp up the cheat machine

The reason is they allow Republicans to control the message.
It seems to me that Democrats pride themselves for standing up for oppressed groups. Okay, in a vacuum, that's perfectly noble and good. And needed.

So when you talk about "message", I would agree if your point is that the problem may be the way they go about standing up for oppressed groups, because that's where I think the party has completely failed -- both themselves and those groups, ultimately.

To that point, Democrats would say, "well, they're just bigots and racists". Well, whether that's true or not, they vote, they know how to take over election control, and they're motivated as hell. At war with Satan 'n Hitler 'n stuff. So that fact has to be factored in to the strategies.

So the way they have done it certainly succeeded in some ways, but at the same time it created massive resentment -- and electoral pushback -- in larger groups. There's more than one way to do something, and it sure seems like the way they have chosen to do it has backfired on them.

Last edited:

Looks like the Democrats will be smeared (to some degree) here in a couple of weeks. I checked out this opinion piece to see what the pre-emptive self-reflection might look like.

Yes, the main reasoning for this will be that this is what has historically happened -- the party in power gets its ass kicked in off-year elections. Back and forth, back and forth, the two parties proving beyond any doubt that (a) they don't deserve too much power and (b) We the People wish they'd get the fuck over themselves and work together. And yes, if you look at the actual popular vote totals, the Dems still represent the most voters. That can only be denied by those who are being manipulated and lied to.

Both are true. BUT...

It doesn't look to me that the Democrats have yet looked honestly at what has (a) animated their political opponents and (b) kept other Americans from voting for them: Their positions on the wide range of issues that could be called "cultural". I've been screaming about Political Correctness and Identity Politics for the ten years I've been on this board, and now those tactics are coming home to roost. Do Democrats still feel that that's wrong, that those are winning issues for them at such a critical time?

PC/Identity Politics touches a wide range of topics, from the military to entertainment to education to crime. James Carville gets it. Bill Maher gets it. A few others get it. So do the Republicans. And now they're so energized and animated over them that they're on the verge of taking over our very electoral system over a lie from an obvious con man. Does this hit home to Democrats, at all? I don't see it in this opinion piece, or anywhere else.
Biden thinks black people have abnormally long/large legs....

Seriously he just can't stop saying dumb shit about blacks

Vichy Mac, we don't need two Republican Parties. One is doing enough damage.

You've been "screaming about PC since that time in 2013 when HR informed you that your joke wasn't that funny, but the reality is, we are going to see ebb and flow as we always do.

The out of the White House Party ALWAYS makes gains in the midterms, especially immediately in the aftermath of a redistricting. Then the out of power party reminds everyone WHY they were voted out of power.

Democrats will do themselves no favors by screwing over their base to suck up to people who were never going to vote for them to start with.

It seems to me that Democrats pride themselves for standing up for oppressed groups. Okay, in a vacuum, that's perfectly noble and good. And needed.

So when you talk about "message", I would agree if your point is that the problem may be the way they go about standing up for oppressed groups, because that's where I think the party has completely failed -- both themselves and those groups, ultimately.

The way they have done it certainly succeeded in some ways, but at the same time it created massive resentment -- and electoral pushback -- in larger groups. There's more than one way to do something, and it sure seems like the way they have chosen to do it has backfired on them.

Uh, Vichy Mac, Republicans have been playing on the racial fears of white people since Tricky Dick and his Southern Strategy.

But you might have a point. We probably aren't going to get past this problem until White people stop being a majority in this country.

I'm going to comment on your post and then ramble a bit so not everything I say has anything to do with what you said.

I believe Trump won the day in the debates when he refused to hold up his hand saying he would support the nominee no matter who it was. Now as you note, Trump would never do this no matter what because everything is about Trump but I asked myself how it is a Rand Paul could support Chris Christie when they really didn't agree with much at all. What they said was party would be more important than their ideas. Yes people are tired of that.

I said nearly two years ago that the House was lost the day the Democrats picked Pelosi. Everytime she was speaker she lost seats. Big time in 2010. For some unexplainable reason they gave her another shot at it. The result is going to be the same.

I find it sad how many times we turn to those who fail in the past to address why we fail now. Especially when they learned nothing about their failures. Obama had huge majorities in 2008 and promptly blew them. It wasn't because of being "woke". It was because Obama quickly proved he was not the person he claimed to be as he campaigned.

While I agree 100% with Pelosi's statement in the article about how she can't comprehend how anyone could vote for these people, she needs to say that in front of a mirror.

Obama lied and lied to Hispanics and now the Democrats wonder why they aren't 100% behind them? What Democrats didn't grasp in 2018 is that the Republicans would have won the White House again if Trump would have actually made his administration about the country and not just all about himself.

Now to the end of the article.

“Unfortunately, these results show that premises I have articulated for years now are just not true. I’m not sure what to say about the results except that I have been wrong about everything.”

That is not true. Candidates win based upon what they say as candidates. Unfortunately after they win they do the opposite.

I supported 90% of what Candidate Obama ran on. I ended up supporting maybe 10% of what he actually did.

They do not seem to be bad to me. There are flaws in most people. And politics brings them to the forefront. The Repubs need attack dogs like the Progs have. I can only say. If the Progs become more civil, then the Repubs will not have to do that. Progs have a decades long advantage at that. Don't worry Rightwinger, there will be RINOS in the R column and probably some more hidden ones elected.

it’s easy to “control the message” when the demacult message is fascist, poverty, destructive, and oppression

Democrats run invalids but Rs just look the other way when the fake ballots roll in at 3am.

Both are true. BUT...

How’s that Forward Party?

To that point, Democrats would say, "well, they're just bigots and racists". Well, whether that's true or not, they vote, they know how to take over election control, and they're motivated as hell. At war with Satan 'n Hitler 'n stuff. So that fact has to be factored in to the strategies.

So the way they have done it certainly succeeded in some ways, but at the same time it created massive resentment -- and electoral pushback -- in larger groups. There's more than one way to do something, and it sure seems like the way they have chosen to do it has backfired on them.

But dems don't stand up for the little man. They exploit them. Remember, the dems are the party of slavery and segregation. They just package their brand differently but they still exploit and demand payment after giving each little group some candy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back