Article about why people like Trump

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
This is the type of article ConTrolls cut and paste and say it has to do with liberals and Democrats, it's written from a psychological perspective:

A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

I think the article has a point in that Trump influences people by playing on their fears, but I completely disagree about point 4. I don't think his speeches are that interesting, and sometimes really bore me. I'm not talking about agreeing with the content, he just often rambles on for a very long time. Of course, the shocking things can keep someone's attention, but in my opinion he rambles on more than he says shocking things, plus the way he talks is more annoying than captivating.

This is the type of article ConTrolls cut and paste and say it has to do with liberals and Democrats, it's written from a psychological perspective:

I think the article has a point in that Trump influences people by playing on their fears, but I completely disagree about point 4. I don't think his speeches are that interesting, and sometimes really bore me. I'm not talking about agreeing with the content, he just often rambles on for a very long time. Of course, the shocking things can keep someone's attention, but in my opinion he rambles on more than he says shocking things, plus the way he talks is more annoying than captivating.

Hillary is running on NOTHING but fear.

Your neuroscientist is a partisan hack.

You replied way too fast, there's no way you could have read that article.

No offense, and I realize you didn't vouch for it. Perhaps there really are people who like threats or whatever who support Trump. But, Trump is pointing out a TRUTH. Neither the dem or gop parties actually promote the benefit of families making 100-200K.

The problem, imo, of Trump's candidacy is that he's mixed that with anti-immigrant hysteria, irrationally overstate fear of terrorists, flat out racism against blacks, misogynist statements that were not so offensive back when he pretty much was libertarian in is views of choice and harassment. The article tries to make sense of all that. Imo it's a disservice to Trump voters. They accept all the dross for the central truth.

This is what's wrong with liberal brains.

iu

The problem, imo, of Trump's candidacy is that he's mixed that with anti-immigrant hysteria, irrationally overstate fear of terrorists, flat out racism against blacks, misogynist statements that were not so offensive back when he pretty much was libertarian in is views of choice and harassment. The article tries to make sense of all that. Imo it's a disservice to Trump voters. They accept all the dross for the central truth.
There's no hysteria in having safe borders and many woman are supporting him so don't see the misogyny you do. I haven't heard any racism, only hysteria from lefties that didn't understand what he was talking about.

Thanks for proving the above depiction.

No offense, and I realize you didn't vouch for it. Perhaps there really are people who like threats or whatever who support Trump. But, Trump is pointing out a TRUTH. Neither the dem or gop parties actually promote the benefit of families making 100-200K.

He only points out the "truth" when it comes to others, the truth about himself, he plays down, excuses or pretends doesn't exist. And people are buying that. They have to see him as flawless because his flaws are so bad that to acknowledge them kind of brings down their mental house of cards so to speak.

You replied way too fast, there's no way you could have read that article.

I've seen plenty of corrupt "scientists" try to explain away viewpoints that disagree with them. It has all been completely bullshit.

If he had something new to say, you should have included in your excerpt.

I don't like the article's title either. I don't think there's something wrong with Trump supporters' brains, it's just many are being manipulated and they don't realize it. While others are intentionally manipulating and know they are lying.

I certainly don't agree with some things in that article.

He only points out the "truth" when it comes to others, the truth about himself, he plays down, excuses or pretends doesn't exist. And people are buying that. They have to see him as flawless because his flaws are so bad that to acknowledge them kind of brings down their mental house of cards so to speak.
Some like Weasel, yeah. But imo a lot of people see Trump as very flawed, but not only better than Hillary but better than the status quo.

Wages are at best stagnant, and often a lot worse, but for all but the very well educated. And just because you had the opportunity for a lot of school, or the ability to "play that game," may have nothing to do with one's IQ or willingness to work. It's an unfair economy.

There are real issues with our poor immigration policy.

Terrorism is a real problem. Just ask the gays in Orlando. Or the Hague for that matter.

Racism, racism, blah, blah, blah. SAVE IT.

Misogyny? WHen the other candidate is Hillary? LOL!!!

I don't like the article's title either. I don't think there's something wrong with Trump supporters' brains, it's just many are being manipulated and they don't realize it. While others are intentionally manipulating and know they are lying.

I understand that, and thanks for the link.

You spelled "Drumpf" wrong.

I have held my positions on trade and immigration long before I knew of Trump as anything more than a real estate guy.

HIs "manipulation" of me, is offering me policy that I already believed in.

Your inability to accept that reflects a problem in YOUR BRAIN.

Fuck you, you asshole.

Who's Drumpf, and what is he running for?

There's no content to his speeches. It's all about performance and presentation and shock value.

New Topics

Forum List

Back