Army Major Stripped of Silver Star for Criticizing Obama Strategy

Skimming the linked article, being active-duty he's lucky all they did was take his Silver Star. Criticizing the chain-of-command, especially the top, is strictly against the UCMJ.

Another example of great leadership from out exalted Commander-in-Chief. No one dares question his brilliance. Or his so-called vow to protect and defend this nation from “enemies, foreign and domestic.”

Read the full story @ Army Major Stripped of Silver Star for Criticizing Obama 8217 s Failed Afghanistan 8216 Strategy 8217 The Foxhole

Indeed his actions on the field of battle have nothing to do with his opinions of Obamas strategy. Why one is tied to another is beyond me. But if they were to punish everyone in the military via UCMJ action for criticizing Obamas foreign policy I would venture that we would be rendered combat inoperable among the combat arms MOS's.

Another example of great leadership from out exalted Commander-in-Chief. No one dares question his brilliance. Or his so-called vow to protect and defend this nation from “enemies, foreign and domestic.”

Read the full story @ Army Major Stripped of Silver Star for Criticizing Obama 8217 s Failed Afghanistan 8216 Strategy 8217 The Foxhole

Indeed his actions on the field of battle have nothing to do with his opinions of Obamas strategy. Why one is tied to another is beyond me. But if they were to punish everyone in the military via UCMJ action for criticizing Obamas foreign policy I would venture that we would be rendered combat inoperable among the combat arms MOS's.

The real reason was that his actions in Afg were questionable and discovered by the CIA during a polygraph test. He was side tracked 3 years before he may the derogatory statements and was booted out. As for his not getting his pension, He was a Colonel and that means he had at least enough tenure to draw retirement.

The URL presented perused the information from Freepress.com which is a radical right site. And, as usual, there is way too much "Embellishing" going inside of it.

He was removed from SOCOM 3 years before and I have a feeling that was so he could make his 20. Happens all the time.

The real reason was that his actions in Afg were questionable and discovered by the CIA during a polygraph test. He was side tracked 3 years before he may the derogatory statements and was booted out. As for his not getting his pension, He was a Colonel and that means he had at least enough tenure to draw retirement.

The URL presented perused the information from Freepress.com which is a radical right site. And, as usual, there is way too much "Embellishing" going inside of it.

He was removed from SOCOM 3 years before and I have a feeling that was so he could make his 20. Happens all the time.
Certainly a better twist in light of that recent military times article on medals. Could you provide the source?

Certainly a better twist in light of that recent military times article on medals. Could you provide the source?

Just google the Majors Name and you will find quite a bit of information. Not just ultra extreme right wing quotes. I am retired Military and he blew it when he took the Poly to work for the CIA and the CIA thought enough of his responses they turned it over to the Military. It sounds pretty cut and dried.

Just google the Majors Name and you will find quite a bit of information. Not just ultra extreme right wing quotes. I am retired Military and he blew it when he took the Poly to work for the CIA and the CIA thought enough of his responses they turned it over to the Military. It sounds pretty cut and dried.

Why do so many here always expect me to prove their arguments for them?

Last time I checked Google wasn't broken.

Did you write that on your college essays when you professor noticed the lack of references? What? No college? Never mind. Forget I said a thing.

Did you write that on your college essays when you professor noticed the lack of references? What? No college? Never mind. Forget I said a thing.

How can we. You keep saying it and saying it and saying it...........

This guy didn't get stripped of his Silver Star for Criticizing Obama Strategy...

Obama had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Here is the article all the right wing blogs have trumped up, and it doesn't mention Obama at all.

CIA job interview leads to criminal investigation of Green Beret - The Washington Post

EDIT****sorry, someone else already addressed this

I can only say that if Obama has the kind of stamina to get down into this kind of detail, we are truly blessed to have a president with almost supernatural powers. The man can do anything.

glad some people don't just believe everything they read from biased sites.

maybe do some independent research next time, longknife. you should know better

The fat asses in the Pentagon and the lame idiots in the Hussein administration have a lot of leeway for punishing an Army Officer but I doubt that stripping him of his medal for valor is in the UCMJ.

The fat asses in the Pentagon and the lame idiots in the Hussein administration have a lot of leeway for punishing an Army Officer but I doubt that stripping him of his medal for valor is in the UCMJ.
Kinda makes you doubt the story as told in the op, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back