Armistice Day

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Do you have this in the States ? Its a big thing over here. On the 11th the nation has a minutes silence and we remember the fallen. The RBL sell poppies to raise money for forces charities and sadly the whole thing has been hijacked by right wing trash like britain first and others. This is a welcome counter to the racists.

Poppy Selling Campaign By Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association Branches Nationwide | Huffington Post

We lost three family members in the first war. On one dreadful day my Great Grandmother got a telegram in the morning telling her that her brother had been killed. In the afternoon she got another one telling her she was now a widow. Her husbands pay was docked at the point he was shot and she received no further help from the British Empire. I cant even begin to understand what she went through with four young daughters to bring up.

This isnt a unique story.

Do you have this in the States ? Its a big thing over here. On the 11th the nation has a minutes silence and we remember the fallen. The RBL sell poppies to raise money for forces charities and sadly the whole thing has been hijacked by right wing trash like britain first and others. This is a welcome counter to the racists.

Poppy Selling Campaign By Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association Branches Nationwide | Huffington Post

We lost three family members in the first war. On one dreadful day my Great Grandmother got a telegram in the morning telling her that her brother had been killed. In the afternoon she got another one telling her she was now a widow. Her husbands pay was docked at the point he was shot and she received no further help from the British Empire. I cant even begin to understand what she went through with four young daughters to bring up.

Muslims.....right.......

Muslims.....right.......
They also suffered you sick fuck.

In the US WW1 is generally forgotten. It doesn't have the 'we saved the world America is great your welcome a-holes' flavor of WW2. Memorial day here is for all our war dead and Veterans Day is for all Veterans. But armistice day is something most people here would not even know what it is.

Easy to see why it IS remembered in Europe as it all took place in your front yard.

I think that in another generation it will start to fade.I think that it is important that we remember though. Not least to avoid being dragged into another one.

stream_img.jpg

Up until 1954. By that time there were so many veterans from different wars and conflicts it was changed to Veterans.

We were only in for 3 months.

Muslims.....right.......
They also suffered you sick fuck.
They also cause a lot of suffering you fag Brit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back