Armed Security on Campus

Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.

I went to South Africa, they need guns because they have a problem.
The US's answer to problems is not to deal with the problem, it's to keep the problem and try and contain it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.
162,000 K-12 schools in the US. What percent of them will every have a mass shooting?

If a school district wants campus cops I'm in full support but that isn't the most cost effective way to combat them.

You can accomplish far more simply hardening them and limiting access for far less.

I went to South Africa, they need guns because they have a problem.
The US's answer to problems is not to deal with the problem, it's to keep the problem and try and contain it. Absolutely ridiculous.
Why do you feel such a need to lie? Just because we don't agree with your proposed solution doesn't mean we're refusing to deal with the issue.

Forum List

Back