Armed citizens in Ukraine fight off Russian advance, imagine if they had more guns like the U.S.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A hard fight against the Russian advance made possible by armed citizens….. now imagine if they had our levels of gun ownership……this is why you never give up your guns……..guns = freedom

—————
The Battle of Vosnesensk may not end up in a lot of history books (well, at least those written outside of Ukraine), but the fight over the southern Ukrainian city of about 30,000 people is something that Second Amendment supporters should be aware of.

The BBC calls the fight to control the city “one of the most decisive battles of the war so far,” and armed citizens played a big role in keeping the city and a strategically important bridge out of Russian hands.
———-
It was a colossal effort by the whole town,” said Alexander, a local shopkeeper who filmed himself on the frontlines with an AK47, screaming “Come on my little beauties!” as another volunteer fired a rocket-propelled grenade towards Russian positions.

“We used hunting rifles, people threw bricks and jars. Old women loaded heavy sandbags.
“The Russians didn’t know where to look or where the next attack would come from. I’ve never seen the community come together like that,” he said, standing by the twisted wreckage of the bridge, which Ukrainian forces destroyed within hours of the first Russian attack.

A hard fight against the Russian advance made possible by armed citizens….. now imagine if they had our levels of gun ownership……this is why you never give up your guns……..guns = freedom

—————
The Battle of Vosnesensk may not end up in a lot of history books (well, at least those written outside of Ukraine), but the fight over the southern Ukrainian city of about 30,000 people is something that Second Amendment supporters should be aware of.

The BBC calls the fight to control the city “one of the most decisive battles of the war so far,” and armed citizens played a big role in keeping the city and a strategically important bridge out of Russian hands.
———-
It was a colossal effort by the whole town,” said Alexander, a local shopkeeper who filmed himself on the frontlines with an AK47, screaming “Come on my little beauties!” as another volunteer fired a rocket-propelled grenade towards Russian positions.

“We used hunting rifles, people threw bricks and jars. Old women loaded heavy sandbags.
“The Russians didn’t know where to look or where the next attack would come from. I’ve never seen the community come together like that,” he said, standing by the twisted wreckage of the bridge, which Ukrainian forces destroyed within hours of the first Russian attack.
Hence the 2nd Amendment.

To raise an effective militia in an emergency they must first be armed and well versed in the use and discipline of same.

"Who are the militia? Everyone of us capable of bearing arms".

What the hell level of gun ownership would stop an enemy tank or take out a missile? Fantasy American Rambo's would only get in the way of the professionals if the shit ever hit the fan. Join the Military or stick to what you know and leave Ukraine out of the 2nd Amendment equation.

What the hell level of gun ownership would stop an enemy tank or take out a missile? Fantasy American Rambo's would only get in the way of the professionals if the shit ever hit the fan. Join the Military or stick to what you know and leave Ukraine out of the 2nd Amendment equation.

Dipstick…….what is it with you guys………infantry has to fucking hold the ground……the body bags sent home are the infantry…..and the guys who can shoot those guys…like the ones killing the Russian conscripts in Ukraine are also civilians fighting for their homes……..

If you can’t hold the ground….like say in Afghanistan…where tribesman with AKs and improvised explosives drove out Russia and the U.S……then you can’t fucking win…….

—————

———-

Two things.

Firstly. In any country, grab your gun, spade, pitchfork, hammer, nail gun etc.. and the sheer number of people can overwhelm any army. In 99% of cases, the blokes emmigrate as asylum seekers.

Secondly. Will you promise not to make me laugh? Who do you think will attack the US on the ground?

Forum List

Back