Arlen Spector dead at 82.

Turncoat Arlen. The man whose veritable act of treason to the Constitution and the party that had supported and lauded him for so many years, whose despicable act made the imposition of Obamacare onto this nation of unwilling recipients possible, burn in Hell, Arlen. May the Devils pitchfork be buried up to its haft in both of your gluteus maximus right now as down payment for your perfidy.

• Banned
Turncoat Arlen. The man whose veritable act of treason to the Constitution and the party that had supported and lauded him for so many years, whose despicable act made the imposition of Obamacare onto this nation of unwilling recipients possible, burn in Hell, Arlen. May the Devils pitchfork be buried up to its haft in both of your gluteus maximus right now as down payment for your perfidy.

Thanks for proving my point about the political middle of our country.

Voted for Iraq War
Voted for Stimulus
Supported Abortion
Supported Gay rights
Supported Affirmative Action
Supported Illegal Immigration
Supported Obamacare

No loss at all..one less pos politician intent on destroying America.Good Riddance.

His family has no doubt been expecting this for a good many years. His death must give them some sense of peace.

Stood up to the Bush administration and extreme pressure from his own party in defense of our liberties.

A great man. A great Senator.

• Banned
I disagreed with Spector at least 50% of the time. But he was not one to flip-flop on issues, he wasn't a partisan, and was a brought a great deal of intelligence to the Senate.

When I decided to look at this thread I anticipated responses like bitterlyclingin to be posted because that's what I have grown to expect from the far right. It seems that anyone who doesn't walk lockstep with their way of thinking should dead and in hell.
That is a sign of irrational and troubling morals.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him

There was VERY little I liked about Arlen Specter. That said, my sympathies go out to his family.

Death is hard, even when it's expected.

Even today he is symbolic of the moderate wing of the republican party, dead and unmourned.

When I decided to look at this thread I anticipated responses like bitterlyclingin to be posted because that's what I have grown to expect from the far right. It seems that anyone who doesn't walk lockstep with their way of thinking should dead and in hell.
That is a sign of irrational and troubling morals.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him

DAMN!! That's a whole lot of generalization!

There are certain days which should NEVER be used as a political statement regardless of personal feelings.. This is one of those. Everyone, every family deserves respect shown in honoring their loss of a loved one. Arlen Specter served our nation, regardless of politics- he touched the lives of many on both sides of the aisle. Give his family a chance to grieve and show decency, respect on this day of all days.

There are certain days which should NEVER be used as a political statement regardless of personal feelings.. This is one of those. Everyone, every family deserves respect shown in honoring their loss of a loved one. Arlen Specter served our nation, regardless of politics- he touched the lives of many on both sides of the aisle. Give his family a chance to grieve and show decency, respect on this day of all days.

BS - Their private mourning and the national dialogue amongst internet poster are two different things. We have no personal affection for him and we don't need to pretend that we do.

Specter was a traitor who f'd a lot of people over. I'm not going into intellectual hybernation just b/c he passed away.

BS - Their private mourning and the national dialogue amongst internet poster are two different things. We have no personal affection for him and we don't need to pretend that we do.

Specter was a traitor who f'd a lot of people over. I'm not going into intellectual hybernation just b/c he passed away.

That's your personal decision to show no respect.

That's your personal decision to show no respect.

You're damn right. I didn't respect him two days ago. Nothing's changed.

Specter was not a traitor, using such over the top terms to describe people who do not always tow the party line is a good indication of why the republicans shed it's moderates and are now an ideologically bound party where freedom of opinion is just not allowed under any circumstances. The actual bad people are the ones who do not let whatever principals they have to get in the way of party business.

Forum List

Back