Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
PHOENIX – Favoring the constitutional right to bear arms over others' concerns about gun safety, Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a bill making Arizona the third state allowing people to carry a concealed weapon without requiring a permit.

The measure takes effect 90 days after the current legislative session ends, which likely puts the effective date in July or August.

"I believe this legislation not only protects the Second Amendment rights of Arizona citizens, but restores those rights as well," Brewer, a Republican, said in a statement.

Alaska and Vermont now do not require permits to carry concealed weapons.

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit - Yahoo! News

I agree with this decision. Requiring a permit has just never made any logical sense to me because someone who is intentionally going to go out and use a gun to harm somebody is going to carry it on them anyway regardless of what the law says. I think carry laws just prevent more people from being able to defend themselves.

PHOENIX – Favoring the constitutional right to bear arms over others' concerns about gun safety, Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a bill making Arizona the third state allowing people to carry a concealed weapon without requiring a permit.

The measure takes effect 90 days after the current legislative session ends, which likely puts the effective date in July or August.

"I believe this legislation not only protects the Second Amendment rights of Arizona citizens, but restores those rights as well," Brewer, a Republican, said in a statement.

Alaska and Vermont now do not require permits to carry concealed weapons.

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit - Yahoo! News

I agree with this decision. Requiring a permit has just never made any logical sense to me because someone who is intentionally going to go out and use a gun to harm somebody is going to carry it on them anyway regardless of what the law says. I think carry laws just prevent more people from being able to defend themselves.

I disagree with this decision. The day we start chipping away at the law because "criminals do it anyway, so what's the point" is the thin end of the wedge.

Arizona is the capital of home invasions and kidnappings by the illegal drug cartels.. arm yourself. protect youself,,, no permit necessary. They have the castle doctrine in Arizona? get an oooooozie, that's what the criminals have. no sense being out gunned.

Yikes, tread softly while in Arizona. Can one imagine everyone armed? What lunacy, and we wonder why so many die unnecessarily from handguns in America. Anyone butts in line or bumps into you make sure they're not armed if you speak up, or you could just shoot them first.

I'm on the fence on this one. I think it's a place to place thing. It seems to work well in Vermont - but I doubt it would work in NYC.

So I guess we'll see.

I think it's a good thing. Everyone would be more polite if they thought anyone else might be armed.

I disagree with this decision. The day we start chipping away at the law because "criminals do it anyway, so what's the point" is the thin end of the wedge.

It is the law that has chipped away at our Constitutional right. Chipping away at this law restores that right.

Yikes, tread softly while in Arizona. Can one imagine everyone armed? What lunacy, and we wonder why so many die unnecessarily from handguns in America. Anyone butts in line or bumps into you make sure they're not armed if you speak up, or you could just shoot them first.

Are there high bouts of gun related crime in Alaska in Vermont? When I think of high crime regions of the country those two states don't exactly come to mind.

yea it would be quite peaceful.

Perhaps that's what your petty, immature whiny ass would do...but those of us who do carry weapons concealed, abide by the law and support our 2nd Amendment exercise good judgement when carrying a loaded handgun. People like you don't deserve the right to have guns...because you are mentally ill.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
I'm on the fence on this one. I think it's a place to place thing. It seems to work well in Vermont - but I doubt it would work in NYC.

So I guess we'll see.

I would have to agree....NYC is full of petty, immature liberals....just watch the "Housewives of NYC" to see exactly what the problems with America are today.

We're pretty crazy about our guns out here. While there was still food on the table at our Easter Sunday meal, my step-son passed around his new .357 like it was show-and-tell.

What does =home invasions have to do with no permit concealed carry? Unless I am mistaken you can concealed carry on your own property now with no permit.

In a related story:

One judge's solution for citizens feeling less secure because of budget cuts in an Ohio county: Carry a gun. Judge Alfred Mackey of Ashtabula County Common Pleas Court advised residents Friday to be vigilant and arm themselves because the number of deputies has been cut about in half because of a tight budget. He also urged neighbors to organize anti crime block watch groups.
Amid cuts, Ohio judge tells citizens to carry guns | ajc.com

Yeah right we complain aoubt cops shooting the wrong persons, etc and they have training and rules. But we encourage Joe Bob down the road who loveds to drink and thinks aliens are taking over our govt to carry a gun?

We emerged from the wild west to law and order for very good reasons.

Muggers might have second thoughts.

I don't have a problem with it. Guns don't kill people; people do.

What does =home invasions have to do with no permit concealed carry? Unless I am mistaken you can concealed carry on your own property now with no permit.

That varies by State. If you live in some liberal haven like Conneticut, Massachusetts, New York or New Jersey if you are found to have a concealed weapon on you while on your property you just committed a felony. i have one friend who lived in massachusetts and was bragging about himself finally getting a CCW for 1 gun in Mass. He was a goody 2 shoes, politically connected and it STILL took him 6 years. I told him I went to the Sheriff's office in my State and a few weeks later I could carry a H&K MP5 concealed if I wanted to. We went through the same background check.....

Forum List

Back