Arizona man convicted after threatening Pelosi with ‘I’m coming to kill you’ message

Prosecuting criminals for the crimes they committed in plain sight with the whole world watching them do it, is no example of "They're all out to get me".

Donald Trump was already being prosecuted for fraud by two states when he announced he was running for President. And he bribed the AG's of Texas and Florida to keep them out of the that lawsuit. That was part of the reason why his charity's charter was revoked - he paid the bribe money out of his personal charity, using funds from his donors.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

"Just go ask Paul Rand."
I know this next is a tad off-thread but......as long as we are talking about, ummm, 'challenging' woreds spoken to our legislators.....well, did anyone listen to the phone call GOP Representative Fred Upon released to the media?

Upton voted for the infrastructure deal....along with 18 other Republican Representatives, and 19 Republican Senators.

He got phone calls from some folks who felt a bit, ah, chaffed over his vote. Profane, ugly, vulgar, and threatening to kill Upton.
And his family.
And his staff.
Hell, I didn't hear it but maybe they threatened to dig up Upton grandparents and spit on the bones?

I made that last detail up, but Upton did show us what some of the nutters who make ugly phone calls will say.

Lemme see if I can google it up.

And Kathy Griffith paid dearly for that dumb video. I will put her on the list though. Anyone else? A one person list isn't very much to brag about, is it?
We had Madonna thinking of blowing up the WH. And something about trying kidnap Barron from the Peter Fonda.

An Arizona man who left a message telling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “I’m coming to kill you," was convicted Thursday, federal prosecutors said.

Steven Arthur Martis, 77, of Bullhead City, was convicted on one count of communicating an interstate threat, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona said Friday.

Martis left the voicemails with Pelosi's office on Jan. 17. One contained the threat to kill Pelosi, D-Calif., and the other said “you’re dead,” according to a criminal complaint.

About a year earlier, the FBI had interviewed Martis about a different message to another member of Congress and warned him that conduct is against the law, an affidavit filed in the case says.

He should've just stuck to yelling at clouds.

Do you think the verdict was just?
I would have voted for his acquittal--------

An Arizona man who left a message telling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “I’m coming to kill you," was convicted Thursday, federal prosecutors said.

Steven Arthur Martis, 77, of Bullhead City, was convicted on one count of communicating an interstate threat, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona said Friday.

Martis left the voicemails with Pelosi's office on Jan. 17. One contained the threat to kill Pelosi, D-Calif., and the other said “you’re dead,” according to a criminal complaint.

About a year earlier, the FBI had interviewed Martis about a different message to another member of Congress and warned him that conduct is against the law, an affidavit filed in the case says.

He is 77 put him in an old age home

Didn't we agree the proper way to communicate with Nanzi is to shit in her driveway?

image.jpg

"In the voicemail, obtained by NBC News from his office, a caller told Upton, "I hope you die. I hope everybody in your f------ family dies," while labeling him a "traitor."

Upton told the newspaper the calls started after his Republican colleague, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, publicly posted the names and phone numbers of Upton and a dozen other GOP House members who voted in support of the bill, calling them "traitors."

* without overdriving the nail....note the reference to Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Do you care to make a list of those who said they would kill trump?

NINTCHDBPICT000618394886.jpg

I see that meme that the good poster 'mechanic' offers us. Have seen it posted here several times.

But, I gotta be honest with you, mechanic, my avatar suggests that he is not convinced that is an effigy of Donald Trump's head.
The likeness is poor. There is no proof that it is Don Trump's head.
Or was ever meant to be.
Is it a hoax perpetrated by folks who simply didn't think Griffin was funny enough?
Is it fake news?

Why, good poster 'mechanic' would you offer us a fake Don Trump head?

When did Griffin tell Trump, "I am coming to kill you."

As I pointed out in the Gosar thread, Gosar's cartoon and Griffin's Trump beheading are both the same thing and not a communication of a threat. They are the same thing as hanging Obama in effigy. Not a crime.

Wishing someone dead and actually threatening to kill them are two different things. Otherwise, both Gosar and Griffin would be in jail.

The man in the OP belongs in jail.

Madness.

Blob supporters crave violence...always have; always will.

When did Griffin tell Trump, "I am coming to kill you."

As I pointed out in the Gosar thread, Gosar's cartoon and Griffin's Trump beheading are both the same thing and not a communication of a threat. They are the same thing as hanging Obama in effigy. Not a crime.

Wishing someone dead and actually threatening to kill them are two different things. Otherwise, both Gosar and Griffin would be in jail.

The man in the OP belongs in jail.
how does a comedian equate to a congress member?

This was the right decision.

Now, when are we going to see Maxine Waters jailed for calling for domestic terrorism?

They are both protected by the First Amendment, that's how.
first amendment doesnt protect true threats.

but elected members of congress should be held to a higher standard, since they set an example for the rest of us.

also because now pro-lifers spend so much time fantasizing about murdering people.

Ok, so how many of them actually threatened to kill trump?

I can take a dummy that looks like Barack Obama and lynch that dummy and no prosecutor could touch me.

I can make a cartoon that looks like AOC and Biden and have my cartoon character stab those cartoon figures, and no prosecutor could touch me.

I can take a dummy head that looks like Trump's head and cover it in fake blood and hold it up for a photo, and no prosecutor can touch me.

I can even shout on a street corner that I hope Donald Trump suffers a heart attack, rolls down a flight of stairs out into traffic, gets run over by a bus, then splattered by a meteor, and no prosecutor can touch me.

But if I say I am going to kill someone, I go to jail.

That's how cool our country is.

There's an old joke Reagan used to tell. An American and a Soviet citizen were talking about how great their countries are. The American says, "I can stand on a street corner and shout that President Reagan is a jerk and nothing will happen to me." The Soviet says, "I, too, can stand on a street corner and shout that President Reagan is a jerk."

first amendment doesnt protect true threats.

but elected members of congress should be held to a higher standard, since they set an example for the rest of us.

also because now pro-lifers spend so much time fantasizing about murdering people.
There is no higher standard than the Constitution, and Gosar is protected by it.

He. Did. Not. Communicate. A. Threat.

He is a jackass who did a very stupid and childish thing, but he did nothing criminal.

And he has been held to account for it by his peers. He has lost his committee assignment and he has been censured. As a result of the loss of the committee assignment, he now has less political influence.

But no prosecutor can touch him.

Griffin also suffered consequences for her action. But no prosecutor can touch her.

Forum List

Back