Arizona Lawmaker Retweets Push to Celebrate Confederate Generals on MLK Day, Days After Speaking at Trump Rally

The free shoe shine for black people prod is real

It actually happened

ask any guilt-ridden white lib

in fact dont ask

DEMAND! your free shoe shine
That's nothing but racist babble, I guess you think your racist buddies find it funny. Just let me tell you it sounds stupid as hell.

Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers (R-AZ) retweeted white nationalist Scott Greer on Monday calling for celebrating Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Greers’ call to celebrate Confederate generals came on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, in an apparent message to his supporters that he believes in the tenants of the Confederacy over those the slain civil rights leader.

Rogers retweeted the controversial message just days after she spoke at former President Donald Trump’s rally in Florence, Arizona.

“Arizona is a red state,” Rogers declared during the rally. “We are not turning purple.”

The Arizona lawmaker, who has embraced the QAnon conspiracy theory and pushed allegations that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, also led the crowd in chanting “decertify” during the rally.

Rogers, a freshman legislator who is running for re-election, announced last week that she raised an eye-popping $2.5 million in 2021.

No stranger to controversy the former Air Force pilot and die-hard Trump supporter has previously shared posts from notorious white nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

It is amazing how folks wonder why black folks don't support the Grand Ole Party.
Yeah. This kind of stuff is not good.

Ms Rogers is apparently trying to throw red meat (as it were) to her constituents, but to do so she's deliberately triggering 50% of the country with an offensive symbol that evokes pain and outrage, and that's not cool. Not cool at all.

Unfortunately that seems to be the nature of the partisan gladiator match these days. The more you can offend the other side, the more brownie points you score with your own.

This to me seems exactly like the transgender-in-kindergarten issue we were discussing in other thread.

It's like, you want to throw that stuff in my face? You want to deliberately trigger me because of your stupid political morality? Well fine, I'm triggered. Bam. That's what happens, right?

My political message to both combatants is, I don't need your morality. Don't even want it. I have a value system of my own, and I don't need yours.

Like, "stay out of my face with that crap", right?

My personal opinion is, racism will always be around, it's impossible to legislate it away. But the idea that it should be socially acceptable is... well... not cool.

I can't stop you if you want to get with your beer drinking buddies and trade racist jokes, but if you leave your living room you're asking for trouble.

Anyway, my two pennies

It IS a puzzlement. I'm sure that some whitey rightie will come along and tell us all about the Democrat 'plantation' and/or how black voters aren't smart enough to vote GOP.........................
If the GOP offered anything of real value, they'd probably get votes.

But they don't. Their main message is 'our way or the highway". They tell minorities, if you fit into our corporate structure you can succeed. And some do. Kenneth Chennault from AmEx comes to mind. But this path is not appealing or exciting or even interesting to a lot of people. Personally I want to be Quincy Jones, I couldn't care less about AmEx lol.

Well... at the risk of opening up a can of worms, I'll say I'm more a Malcolm X fan than an MLK fan. Although I like them both. But Malcolm had a resonant message. Independence, as distinct from dependence. It's a tall order, I get it. But IMO that should be the goal. Everyone benefits that way.

Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers (R-AZ) retweeted white nationalist Scott Greer on Monday calling for celebrating Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Greers’ call to celebrate Confederate generals came on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, in an apparent message to his supporters that he believes in the tenants of the Confederacy over those the slain civil rights leader.

Rogers retweeted the controversial message just days after she spoke at former President Donald Trump’s rally in Florence, Arizona.

“Arizona is a red state,” Rogers declared during the rally. “We are not turning purple.”

The Arizona lawmaker, who has embraced the QAnon conspiracy theory and pushed allegations that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, also led the crowd in chanting “decertify” during the rally.

Rogers, a freshman legislator who is running for re-election, announced last week that she raised an eye-popping $2.5 million in 2021.

No stranger to controversy the former Air Force pilot and die-hard Trump supporter has previously shared posts from notorious white nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

It is amazing how folks wonder why black folks don't support the Grand Ole Party.
Well they were Americans. I guess you were never educated that Confederates were pardoned.

Sure, WAY back in 2020

Thats practically ancient history, huh?

which should interest someone who cant get past 1690
So a dude from Starbucks fakes like he is shining a black man's shoes and you make the claim now that it is happening ALL over the country for every black man in America. Smfh.

So a dude from Starbucks fakes like he is shining a black man's shoes and you make the claim now that it is happening ALL over the country for every black man in America. Smfh.
Starbucks?

you should learn to read

Forum List

Back