Ariel Atom

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Given my hip problems I'm thinking about a new hobby.
I can drive just fine it's the getting in and out of a vehicle that sucks. I've driven my Polaris General without a problem but I want something a little more exhilarating.
Thinking about an Ariel Atom that I can take to the road tracks here in Texas. You can get a really fast one for around $60k and get an even faster one with some upgrades for an extra $20k in mods.
If I sell my Polaris and the Camper it'll pretty much be paid for other than a new trailer.
What do y'all think? Get rid of the polaris and camper for a speed demon that matches or beats some of the super cars out there?

I can drive just fine it's the getting in and out of a vehicle that sucks. I've driven my Polaris General without a problem but I want something a little more exhilarating.
Thinking about an Ariel Atom that I can take to the road tracks here in Texas. You can get a really fast one for around $60k and get an even faster one with some upgrades for an extra $20k in mods.
If I sell my Polaris and the Camper it'll pretty much be paid for other than a new trailer.
What do y'all think? Get rid of the polaris and camper for a speed demon that matches or beats some of the super cars out there?

I have watched MANY videos on these. I have seen a few in person as well, but never actually rode in one myself.

These things are fucking SICK!!! They outperform most Ferrari's on a track. The only downside is they are crazy loud for the driver and passenger. You will need hearing protection. A small price to pay for such a fun vehicle!!

I have watched MANY videos on these. I have seen a few in person as well, but never actually rode in one myself.

These things are fucking SICK!!! They outperform most Ferrari's on a track. The only downside is they are crazy loud for the driver and passenger. You will need hearing protection. A small price to pay for such a fun vehicle!!

Not concerned with the noise,that goes with a lot of motorsports.
I want something that brings on the adrenaline!!!!
I'm sure I'm going to have to fight with the Wife over this but I'll win in the end.

The Wife knows I'm into dangerous sports,off roading being the main one.
She always bailed out of the FJ when I went to do something crazy. Afterwards she seemed to get the same rush as I did just watching.
This being one of the minor things...

972252D1-BBFF-4AC0-B0A2-C63452064BC6_1_201_a.jpeg

For just a little more money, have you ever heard of "Backdraft Cobra's"?. For about $100,000, you can get the baddest Cobra. They come with a BMW suspension and a Coyote motor. They are maybe the best sounding engine on the planet. You can order a million different color options too.

1965-backdraft-racing-cobra-rt4-roadster
Used-1965-Backdraft-Racing-Cobra-Roadster-1582586190.jpg
1965-shelby-cobra-backdraft
backdraft-racing-main.jpg

In this category of street legal race cars, I would be remiss if i didnt also point out this. Might be out of your price range, but watch this guy drive it.

Just about every person who reviews the BAC Mono says its the best driving experience you can get. They call it "The Formula 3 of the road". This is a crazy racecar that crushes pretty much every supercar on a track..

In this category of street legal race cars, I would be remiss if i didnt also point out this. Might be out of your price range, but watch this guy drive it.

Just about every person who reviews the BAC Mono says its the best driving experience you can get. They call it "The Formula 3 of the road". This is a crazy racecar that crushes pretty much every supercar on a track..

The Atom with the 3.5 is actually faster 0-60,not by much but it is faster.
The BAC has a higher top end though.
I also like the two seats in the Atom.
And the price point difference is Huge!!!
Hell,I'd love to have either one.

After doing a bit more reading the BAC has come out with a new engine that rivals the ATOM,my biggest problem is the engine in the BAC.
It's something I've never even heard of while the Atom has an engine I can buy parts for at the local auto parts store.

Either way they're both fast as hell!!!

For just a little more money, have you ever heard of "Backdraft Cobra's"?. For about $100,000, you can get the baddest Cobra. They come with a BMW suspension and a Coyote motor. They are maybe the best sounding engine on the planet. You can order a million different color options too.

1965-backdraft-racing-cobra-rt4-roadster
Used-1965-Backdraft-Racing-Cobra-Roadster-1582586190.jpg
1965-shelby-cobra-backdraft
backdraft-racing-main.jpg

Man those are NICE!!!
Thats the good thing about the Atom. If you take it to the track and fuck it up you wont be crying nearly as long. :laugh:

The Atom with the 3.5 is actually faster 0-60,not by much but it is faster.
The BAC has a higher top end though.
I also like the two seats in the Atom.
And the price point difference is Huge!!!
Hell,I'd love to have either one.

After doing a bit more reading the BAC has come out with a new engine that rivals the ATOM,my biggest problem is the engine in the BAC.
It's something I've never even heard of while the Atom has an engine I can buy parts for at the local auto parts store.

Either way they're both fast as hell!!!
The Atom uses a Type R engine, right? Those are awesome and easy to get parts for.

They'll take various engines.
I might actually be thinking of the BAC MONO. I know one of them uses a type R engine.

Edit: Nope, not the BAC MONO. The new Ariel Atom's have a Honda Type R engine.. Its the same motor thats in the Honda Civic Type R's.

DSC0860-1.jpg

Last edited:
I might actually be thinking of the BAC MONO. I know one of them uses a type R engine.

Edit: Yeah, the BAC MONO has a Honda Type R engine (tuned up with a "Mountune" package), which is in the Honda Civic Type R's.

DSC0860-1.jpg

My search showed this engine...that I've never heard of.
2261 cc Cosworth Duratec Straight-four engine

But then you can pretty much put any engine in any car within reason.

My search showed this engine...that I've never heard of.
2261 cc Cosworth Duratec Straight-four engine

But then you can pretty much put any engine in any car within reason.
rededi
I edited my post again. Reload the page.

That is an easy motor to get parts for, and you can tune the fuck out of them.

Ive never done a super deep dive into the Ariel Atoms, but in the video in the link you can hear a "blow off valve". Thats a clear indication that its a tuned Type R motor. Im guessing its a Stage 1 or maybe even a Stage 2 tune.

Forum List

Back