arguing with a JW about eternal Hell

This is the way my arguments with JWs usually go

jw: there is no Hell, just the common grave

me That's not what the Bible says

jw: y'all have a fake Bible

me No we don't, except that some versions aren't the best. But I have one that is non-interpretative, the Douay Rheims

jw Doesn't matter, there is not hell, just the common grave.

me It says clearly in Mt 25:31 that all those who do not treat Christians as they would Jesus (paraphrase) "will go off into eternal punishment." You can't change the words of Scripture..

jw Doesn't matter, there is no hell, just the common grave. Jesus didn't mean Eternal punishment.. No one is punished forever..

me But is says right here in Mt 25:31 and other places..

jw Doesn't matter There is no hell, just the common grave..

me Um... Otay.. i have to go fix dinner now..

Fact--God is LOVE, wisdom, justice, power, merciful.

The fact alone of justice proves no literal place of eternal suffering. He taught all that justice= an eye for an eye= perfect balance.

So for 70-100 years of unrepented sins God could not condemn those to trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of suffering as payment. It was symbolism.

As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those not allowed in miss each new day, miss each day of Gods love, it never ends. likened to be an eternal suffering. If God went any way on those scales it would be from Love and mercy. Not sadism, only a sadist would have a literal eternal suffering. The teachers teaching a literal eternal suffering, do not know God-Run from them.
But God set before all-Deuteronomy 30:19--LIFE or DEATH both will be everlasting. We all make the choice now by actions mostly.

The Holy Spirit doesn't lead believers to thousands of different opinions. Human nature and resistance to the Spirit does that
Everyone has the spirit of God in them. Not everyone is aware of it. Everyone perceives and responds to his spirit in their own time and in their own way. To argue everyone must believe exactly the same thing to have the spirit of God in them is ridiculous.

The language doesn't say Mary is a virgin. Christianity accepts that she is based on tradition so I accept it.

JustAGuy1 said:
Good lord. So we agree, He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified and died for our sins, was raised on the third day, witnessed by hundreds of people, and now sits at the right hand of the Father. That's a good start.
Born unto a maiden.

You don't believe she was a"virgin". The bible says she was. Let scripture speak to you, let it show you the truth.

Luke 26-34

Birth of Jesus Foretold​

26 In the sixth month the angel xGabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named yNazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed2 to a man whose name was Joseph, aof the house of David. And the virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And he came to her and said, “Greetings, bO favored one, cthe Lord is with you!”3 29 But dshe was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for eyou have found favor with God. 31 And behold, fyou will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and gyou shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of hthe Most High. And the Lord God iwill give to him the throne of jhis father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob kforever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
34 and Mary said to the angel "How will this be since I am a virgin"?

Born unto a maiden.

You don't believe she was a"virgin". The bible says she was. Let scripture speak to you, let it show you the truth.

Luke 26-34

Birth of Jesus Foretold​

26 In the sixth month the angel xGabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named yNazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed2 to a man whose name was Joseph, aof the house of David. And the virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And he came to her and said, “Greetings, bO favored one, cthe Lord is with you!”3 29 But dshe was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for eyou have found favor with God. 31 And behold, fyou will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and gyou shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of hthe Most High. And the Lord God iwill give to him the throne of jhis father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob kforever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
34 and Mary said to the angel "How will this be since I am a virgin"?
There's no future battle of Armageddon. That is a perversion of scripture... And fairly recent... Since the turn of the last century.

Forum List

Back