Argentina’s Latest Anti-Speech Scandal: Free Press on the Rocks?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On February 22, Argentine journalist Santiago O’Donnell published a shocking exposé on the family of former Argentine president, Mauricio Macri. The article discusses a secret agreement signed by five of the six Macri children, including Mauricio, to allocate their father’s inheritance. “Macri’s Secret,” as the article is titled, provides clarity regarding the ex-president’s mysterious and convoluted inheritance of wealth. However, the article is also the latest development in a brewing conflict over freedom of the press in Argentina. It is a letter from O’Donnell to the Macri family: you cannot intimidate me
Two weeks ago, O’Donnell was ordered by Judge Susana Margarita Gastaldi to turn over his recordings of interviews with Mariano Macri—estranged younger brother of the former Argentine president—in a pre-trial civil court decision. The 17 hours of interviews served as the primary basis for O’Donnell’s book, Hermano, published in October 2020, which discusses intimate details of one of Argentina’s most powerful families.

That's an interesting article and I can't find the article "Macri's Secret".

1615133206844.png

What makes you think there's free speech?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

On February 22, Argentine journalist Santiago O’Donnell published a shocking exposé on the family of former Argentine president, Mauricio Macri. The article discusses a secret agreement signed by five of the six Macri children, including Mauricio, to allocate their father’s inheritance. “Macri’s Secret,” as the article is titled, provides clarity regarding the ex-president’s mysterious and convoluted inheritance of wealth. However, the article is also the latest development in a brewing conflict over freedom of the press in Argentina. It is a letter from O’Donnell to the Macri family: you cannot intimidate me
Two weeks ago, O’Donnell was ordered by Judge Susana Margarita Gastaldi to turn over his recordings of interviews with Mariano Macri—estranged younger brother of the former Argentine president—in a pre-trial civil court decision. The 17 hours of interviews served as the primary basis for O’Donnell’s book, Hermano, published in October 2020, which discusses intimate details of one of Argentina’s most powerful families.

Do you realize you are the only person in America that reports the truth about that absolute humanitarian disaster. Without you the country would have no idea....lol

Don't know why they complain down there because they have to walk to Columbia to get formula and diapers.

One day we'll be known as North Argentina.

Do you realize you are the only person in America that reports the truth about that absolute humanitarian disaster. Without you the country would have no idea....lol

Don't know why they complain down there because they have to walk to Columbia to get formula and diapers.

One day we'll be known as North Argentina.

I wish they had more English versions of their newspapers. It wouldn't be so difficult to get information.

Forum List

Back