Are you hoarding all toilet paper?

Porter Rockwell

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2018
Okay, I was the FIRST one in the door at a Kroger today. They didn't have one, single, solitary roll of toilet paper on their shelves. NONE came in the previous night! It made me want to go to their bathroom and take a roll of theirs. I figured that somebody had beat me to it.

How much toilet paper do you really use? Here is a calculator to tell you how much you have:

Once you get a year's supply, maybe you should jump on some other commodity. We're down to buying whiskey and putting our home grown Aloe vera in it for hand sanitizer. Bleach and water will kill as many germs as cans of Lysol will, but you have to wear gloves and wipe down surfaces - which takes longer, but most of us are in (or should be) self quarantine. BTW, by the time I worked my way over to the bleach section - and this is no joke, it was $3.29 and they only had 4 plastic bottles left with a limit of 1 per customer. It struck me as funny. There were 4 bottles left and you could only buy 1 yet there was a sales sign saying it was $2.99 if you buy five or more.

Come on guys. I'm shopping the Internet for old Sears and Roebuck catalogs to put in the head, just like my grandmother had in her outhouse. I used leaves once when I was a kid camping in the woods. I got chiggers in my... for two weeks I had to put salve there and sleep on stomach. Figure out how much toilet paper you really need and then give it a rest before some people jam up the sewer system in your neighborhood.

FWIW, I was just shitting you. I really did go to Kroger and I really was the first through the line. But, I'm a prepper. The chigger story is true too. But, on behalf of my neighbors (who would hold me at gunpoint) give some of these other people a chance to get a few rolls before America begins to smell funky or county sewage systems start breaking down. Bounty don't break down like Charmin.

Try industrial wholesale supply warehouses that cater to business and institutional sales, instead of you usual retail suppliers. IT wasn't Charmin, although surprisingly good quality, but I scored a 48 count case for $36.82 yesterday, just to ease my wife's mind.

Okay, I was the FIRST one in the door at a Kroger today. They didn't have one, single, solitary roll of toilet paper on their shelves. NONE came in the previous night! It made me want to go to their bathroom and take a roll of theirs. I figured that somebody had beat me to it.

How much toilet paper do you really use? Here is a calculator to tell you how much you have:

Once you get a year's supply, maybe you should jump on some other commodity. We're down to buying whiskey and putting our home grown Aloe vera in it for hand sanitizer. Bleach and water will kill as many germs as cans of Lysol will, but you have to wear gloves and wipe down surfaces - which takes longer, but most of us are in (or should be) self quarantine. BTW, by the time I worked my way over to the bleach section - and this is no joke, it was $3.29 and they only had 4 plastic bottles left with a limit of 1 per customer. It struck me as funny. There were 4 bottles left and you could only buy 1 yet there was a sales sign saying it was $2.99 if you buy five or more.

Come on guys. I'm shopping the Internet for old Sears and Roebuck catalogs to put in the head, just like my grandmother had in her outhouse. I used leaves once when I was a kid camping in the woods. I got chiggers in my... for two weeks I had to put salve there and sleep on stomach. Figure out how much toilet paper you really need and then give it a rest before some people jam up the sewer system in your neighborhood.

FWIW, I was just shitting you. I really did go to Kroger and I really was the first through the line. But, I'm a prepper. The chigger story is true too. But, on behalf of my neighbors (who would hold me at gunpoint) give some of these other people a chance to get a few rolls before America begins to smell funky or county sewage systems start breaking down. Bounty don't break down like Charmin.
My sister and I AREN'T hoarding it, by any means. We've found very little toilet paper out there TO hoard in the last couple weeks. But we still have enough to get by, at least for the time being.

For a month I've not been able to time the delivery of the TP at several stores. Sooo...got on the internet and found a warehouse in Indiana
and purchased two boxes. I think I'm good till fall. I'm an impatient person and I find ways to resolve that issue.
Where IS this warehouse? I live in Valparaiso, Indiana, in the northwest corner of the state. Are you allowed to give out this info, or is it classified and top secret?

For a month I've not been able to time the delivery of the TP at several stores. Sooo...got on the internet and found a warehouse in Indiana
and purchased two boxes. I think I'm good till fall. I'm an impatient person and I find ways to resolve that issue.
Where IS this warehouse? I live in Valparaiso, Indiana, in the northwest corner of the state. Are you allowed to give out this info, or is it classified and top secret?
I am not advertising, but when I was purchasing for a totally unrelated type of wholesaler, I got acquainted with HCI, when I needed an particular type/size bearing. You would be amazed at what and good industrial wholesalers in you area might be carrying.

1585281888167.png

........................................................He doesn't know how to use the 3 shells.........................................................

Shelves stocked here except bread. TP limit 2 per customer.....Supplies are fine after the GREAT PANIC OF 2020

I have about 60 rolls but I usually do because I buy a lot when it is on sale and I have coupons. Same for many things. TP was a blip locally though. After the first few days, stores were restocked and now all have it. fresh meat is the current hard to get item. Sam's club had a few packs of ribs and that was it at the meat department. Lidl had a few packs of chicken thighs and that was it as far as unfrozen meats.

Well, there is more than one way to skin a cat. So there should more than one way to wipe yourself..

Forum List

Back