Are You Fat? BMI Calculator...

What I have against BMI calculators is that they don't take into account whether the weight is from muscle or fat. A really beefed-up guy could be "obese" just bc his muscle mass is so great.

mom4 said:
What I have against BMI calculators is that they don't take into account whether the weight is from muscle or fat. A really beefed-up guy could be "obese" just bc his muscle mass is so great.

So true, but is not the case with the vast majority. So if you're not a regular gym goer pumping iron five times a week, it'll probably be pretty close.

By the way mom, I like your signature line... :clap:

Pale Rider said:
So true, but is not the case with the vast majority. So if you're not a regular gym goer pumping iron five times a week, it'll probably be pretty close.

By the way mom, I like your signature line... :clap:
Thanks, Pale! :d

I saved a trip to the website by just looking in my mirror. I don't need any calculator throwing salt in my wounds!

mom4 said:

No kidding. It says I have 28%.:smoke:

Not in THIS life. I'm 5'10 and 200 pounds, but I have a 33" waist. They're off by about 20%.:mm:

<quote>Are You Fat? BMI Calculator...</quote>

Why? Does this post make me look fat?! :bat:

Shattered said:
<quote>Are You Fat? BMI Calculator...</quote>

Why? Does this post make me look fat?! :bat:

Why noooo... of course not dear.... :rotflmao:

GunnyL said:
No kidding. It says I have 28%.:smoke:

Not in THIS life. I'm 5'10 and 200 pounds, but I have a 33" waist. They're off by about 20%.:mm:

Said I was 25.6%. The .6 being the amount over weight. Maybe. Haven't worked out lately. Been partying too much.

Was that excuse good enough? Didn't think so... :eek:

Says im over 31% body fat. it also says that if i was at the recommended weight for my heighed id be 25% so id still be overweight.

I find it unlikely. I mean i have no doubt that im alittle overweight but I have alot of muscle. Especially lately.

Says im over 31% body fat. it also says that if i was at the recommended weight for my heighed id be 25% so id still be overweight.

I find it unlikely. I mean i have no doubt that im alittle overweight but I have alot of muscle. Especially lately.

The BMI is not perfect. That's why there was a large objection when it was suggested as a standard to measure kids in elementary school. It fails to take either muscle mass or build into account, another example of the government's 'one size fits all' mentality.

dmp said:
I'd have to get to 189lbs to be JUST inside 'normal' weight.

I AM a fat bastard. :(

BMI is bogus. Could you imagine me, at 129 pounds? That's the lower limit of 'normal'.

FWIW, at my current weight, I hover at between 24.8 and 25.1. Barely 'normal' to 'overweight' by their scale.

:bsflag:

What we really could use is a calculator to measure the fat in people's heads. You know, to scientifically prove what we all suspect is true anyway.

Then we could have an awards show and hand these out:

fhaward.gif

And First Prize goes to:

_40612765_michael_moore_ap300.jpg

Forum List

Back