Are you doing anything different to use less gas/fuel?

I walked 18 holes today and saved a little fuel but that was probably because I'm a cheap fuck sometime.

I almost always get a better score when walking than riding. But I also normally only walk 9. Most of the bigger courses here will not even let you walk unless you start very early in the morning

My newest car has the "shut off the engine when stopped" built in. Unless it is really hot or cold I let it happen.

We have not changed anything at all, so far it has not really impacted us

That's just an undocumented feature to hide the fact that the police can shut your car off anytime they want. :laughing0301:

That's just an undocumented feature to hide the fact that the police can shut your car off anytime they want. :laughing0301:

I have no doubt they could. If I can start it with my phone, I am sure they can shut it down.

Guess I will just have to quit running from the police in my tricked out Ford Escape :auiqs.jpg:

I've noticed that some people shut their engine off while waiting at red lights. Not something I plan on doing because I doubt it would save enough to be worth it and because I don't want to decrease the life of my starter. I would hate to have starter problems while sitting at a traffic light that has just turned green.

I have not really changed my driving habits yet, but if gas prices keep going up I may have to plan my driving better to reduce the number of trips.

Some hybrid engine cars automatically do that at stop lights I think.

Anyway, I am mowing grass less often than normal. Otherwise, not really. I already was changing my mowing routine anyway to be more wildlife friendly by mowing higher and leaving some areas out in the fields undone for a few mowings at a time. The rest I am mowing like every 2 weeks instead of once a week.

I almost always get a better score when walking than riding. But I also normally only walk 9. Most of the bigger courses here will not even let you walk unless you start very early in the morning
Yeah, I score better as well when I walk. And I usually get first out because I like to play fast. I'm second out tomorrow (playing alone) so there's a good chance I'll be playing through. Golf is great.

Yeah, I score better as well when I walk. And I usually get first out because I like to play fast. I'm second out tomorrow (playing alone) so there's a good chance I'll be playing through. Golf is great.

My "home course" is a little 9 hole course at my American Legion post. I can walk 9 in less than 2 hours and get about 3 or so miles of walking depending upon how straight I hit the ball. I have not been able to play this summer yet as I am fighting tendonitis in my thumb. It is finally pain free so going to hit the range for a small bucket and see how it feels.

My "home course" is a little 9 hole course at my American Legion post. I can walk 9 in less than 2 hours and get about 3 or so miles of walking depending upon how straight I hit the ball. I have not been able to play this summer yet as I am fighting tendonitis in my thumb. It is finally pain free so going to hit the range for a small bucket and see how it feels.
Good luck with that thumb. It's funny because I spent a couple hours myself, researching treatments for arthritic thumbs. Good luck with your comeback.

I stopped driving up to my deer woods to cut firewood in the summer. I'll buy it locally instead and have it delivered. It is cheaper that way considering the cost of gas and time, but I'll miss the fun of cutting it myself.

I stopped driving up to my deer woods to cut firewood in the summer. I'll buy it locally instead and have it delivered. It is cheaper that way considering the cost of gas and time, but I'll miss the fun of cutting it myself.

Maybe cheaper for you, but I'm pretty sure the same amount of gas is used to get the firewood from the woods to your place, even though it's someone else footing the bill for the gas.

Maybe cheaper for you, but I'm pretty sure the same amount of gas is used to get the firewood from the woods to your place, even though it's someone else footing the bill for the gas.
It comes with a delivery charge.

Last edited:
I'm letting my anger seethe at the Democrat Party and Mr Potatohead, and encouraging everyone to remove these people at every opportunity

I used to have a PT Cruiser that got around 20 mpg. Just a few months ago, I bought a Honda Civic that gets 30 to 35 mpg (and yes, that is actual mileage, been checking it out ever since I got it. It's a used car and I wanted to make sure it works as well as I had hoped it would, and it does.) I haven't changed my driving habits all that much, but I did get a different car that gets 15 mpg better than what I had.
When the transmission goes out, $2900. Lol

Running out of milk has caused me to make additional trips to the store in the past. Now I buy 2 gallons at a time and have eliminated that trip. I was worried that it would sour but I haven't had any problems.
Do I get a cookie? :)

Running out of milk has caused me to make additional trips to the store in the past. Now I buy 2 gallons at a time and have eliminated that trip. I was worried that it would sour but I haven't had any problems.
Do I get a cookie? :)
1657632993144.png

Forum List

Back