Are you doing anything different to use less gas/fuel?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I've noticed that some people shut their engine off while waiting at red lights. Not something I plan on doing because I doubt it would save enough to be worth it and because I don't want to decrease the life of my starter. I would hate to have starter problems while sitting at a traffic light that has just turned green.

I have not really changed my driving habits yet, but if gas prices keep going up I may have to plan my driving better to reduce the number of trips.

biden-transportation.jpeg

No but I cancelled my solar install on my greenhouse because I'm spending so much for fuel....
And I'm going to wait until biden is gone and the economy gets better before I remodel my shop... and buy that hot tub....

I used to have a PT Cruiser that got around 20 mpg. Just a few months ago, I bought a Honda Civic that gets 30 to 35 mpg (and yes, that is actual mileage, been checking it out ever since I got it. It's a used car and I wanted to make sure it works as well as I had hoped it would, and it does.) I haven't changed my driving habits all that much, but I did get a different car that gets 15 mpg better than what I had.

I've noticed that some people shut their engine off while waiting at red lights. Not something I plan on doing because I doubt it would save enough to be worth it and because I don't want to decrease the life of my starter. I would hate to have starter problems while sitting at a traffic light that has just turned green.

I have not really changed my driving habits yet, but if gas prices keep going up I may have to plan my driving better to reduce the number of trips.
I shut the engine off if I have to wait for a long train. Lots of trains in my neck of the woods.

I have not really changed my driving habits yet, bNut if gas prices keep going up I may have to plan my driving better to reduce the number of trips.
I've seen two people in the last week stalled on busy roads filling their gas tank. Not good.

A lot of new vehicles do that automatically to save fuel.
As you release brake the engine restarts.
Personally I think it's stupid and another potential failure point.

A lot of new vehicles do that automatically to save fuel.
As you release brake the engine restarts.
Personally I think it's stupid and another potential failure point.
Didn't know that. My vehicles are old.

only on commute days...

My newest car has the "shut off the engine when stopped" built in. Unless it is really hot or cold I let it happen.

We have not changed anything at all, so far it has not really impacted us

Forum List

Back