Are you a stupid person?

Wow, is that what you took away from that post? Tell me, how is taxing someone that makes three hundred thousand LESS than taxing someone that makes fifty thousand punishing people for being successful? Remember, the one making 300 grand has passed the cap for the Social Security tax. And how does taxing a billionaire on their capital gains less than the police chief on his salary punishing the successful?

And what about that single mother? Without a doubt, she is punished for simply trying to improve her position. That is the status quo, and that has to change.
thats doesnt happen,,'and if a women cant afford her child she should have considered thst before getting pregnant,, not to mention she doesnt pay income tax because she gets it all back and then some,,

thats doesnt happen,,'and if a women cant afford her child she should have considered thst before getting pregnant,, not to mention she doesnt pay income tax because she gets it all back and then some,,
What a damn moron.

For households between 100 to 149 percent of poverty, a $5,000 earnings increase is associated with a median marginal tax rate of 73 percent, leaving families with a net increase of only $1,350.

Until the wealthy are paying a 73% marginal tax rate I don't want to hear idiots like you bitch about the poor. And that is just on the federal side. Every state in the union, EVERY SINGLE STATE, has a regressive tax structure, the poor pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the wealthy.

Our system is rigged, and it ain't rigged for you and me. Which brings us back to that "stupid" definition again. Amazing, you continue to support a system that screws you in the ass each and every day. And worse, you want to tilt that system in their favor even more. Classic stupid.

What a damn moron.

For households between 100 to 149 percent of poverty, a $5,000 earnings increase is associated with a median marginal tax rate of 73 percent, leaving families with a net increase of only $1,350.

Until the wealthy are paying a 73% marginal tax rate I don't want to hear idiots like you bitch about the poor. And that is just on the federal side. Every state in the union, EVERY SINGLE STATE, has a regressive tax structure, the poor pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the wealthy.

Our system is rigged, and it ain't rigged for you and me. Which brings us back to that "stupid" definition again. Amazing, you continue to support a system that screws you in the ass each and every day. And worse, you want to tilt that system in their favor even more. Classic stupid.
that brings us back to punishing people for succeeding,,,

taxs are for paying bills and debts not for punishment or redistribution,,

that brings us back to punishing people for succeeding,,,

taxs are for paying bills and debts not for punishment or redistribution,,
The Earned Income Tax Credit was implemented by Republicans. They proposed it, they structured it. And in the case of the EITC, how it phases in and phases out, it is not punishment for succeeding, it is punishment for even trying to succeed. How dare people making less than 150% of the poverty level even attempt to climb the social ladder. Slap them with a 75% marginal tax rate for being so audacious.

The Republican party's primary operating objective comes from Proverbs. The wealth of the rich is their fortress, the poverty of the poor their calamity. The Republicans consistently strive to fortify the fortress, and increase the calamity, and the EITC's structure is the most vivid case in point. But the very structure of the tax code, capital gains taxed at a lower rate than earned income, Trump's pass through deduction, the corporate tax cut, legalizing stock buybacks, and as I mentioned, the regressive nature of state taxes--all of them are only faintly veiled efforts at keeping the poor in poverty and the wealthy rich.

They have been wildly successful as indicated by this little tidbit. A student from a family in the highest income quintile, and the lowest standardized score quintile, has a greater chance of completing his college education than a student in the lowest quintile of earnings but in the highest quintile of standardized test scores. Let me put that in perspective. Johnny's parents own several car dealerships, but he is dumber than a box of rocks. His grades are lackluster at best and he spends most his time partying and goofing off with his friends. He plays video games, rarely does his homework, and his proud of his nice car and nice clothes that he leverages to gain friends and have influence among his peers. He will go on to graduate from college, albeit with a less than 2.0 gpa, and get a decent job working for a car parts distributor. Sammy was born in poverty. Wears hand me down clothes, doesn't even have a car, but he makes straight A's, reads profusely, and killed his SAT. He works a part time job at a local grocery store and is a good employee. He gets a scholarship to a state university, but without a family to help support him, he drops out, on the Dean's list, because of financial difficulties at home.

Look, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the above scenario is devastating to the frontier curve for this country. The above would not happen in India or China. Until we toss the Republican party onto the scrap heap of history, along with the Whigs and the Know Nothings, we are destined to being a third world country within two generations.

The Earned Income Tax Credit was implemented by Republicans. They proposed it, they structured it. And in the case of the EITC, how it phases in and phases out, it is not punishment for succeeding, it is punishment for even trying to succeed. How dare people making less than 150% of the poverty level even attempt to climb the social ladder. Slap them with a 75% marginal tax rate for being so audacious.

The Republican party's primary operating objective comes from Proverbs. The wealth of the rich is their fortress, the poverty of the poor their calamity. The Republicans consistently strive to fortify the fortress, and increase the calamity, and the EITC's structure is the most vivid case in point. But the very structure of the tax code, capital gains taxed at a lower rate than earned income, Trump's pass through deduction, the corporate tax cut, legalizing stock buybacks, and as I mentioned, the regressive nature of state taxes--all of them are only faintly veiled efforts at keeping the poor in poverty and the wealthy rich.

They have been wildly successful as indicated by this little tidbit. A student from a family in the highest income quintile, and the lowest standardized score quintile, has a greater chance of completing his college education than a student in the lowest quintile of earnings but in the highest quintile of standardized test scores. Let me put that in perspective. Johnny's parents own several car dealerships, but he is dumber than a box of rocks. His grades are lackluster at best and he spends most his time partying and goofing off with his friends. He plays video games, rarely does his homework, and his proud of his nice car and nice clothes that he leverages to gain friends and have influence among his peers. He will go on to graduate from college, albeit with a less than 2.0 gpa, and get a decent job working for a car parts distributor. Sammy was born in poverty. Wears hand me down clothes, doesn't even have a car, but he makes straight A's, reads profusely, and killed his SAT. He works a part time job at a local grocery store and is a good employee. He gets a scholarship to a state university, but without a family to help support him, he drops out, on the Dean's list, because of financial difficulties at home.

Look, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the above scenario is devastating to the frontier curve for this country. The above would not happen in India or China. Until we toss the Republican party onto the scrap heap of history, along with the Whigs and the Know Nothings, we are destined to being a third world country within two generations.
who gives a fuck who started it,,

fact remains the lower 50% of earners dont even pay income tax and get back more than they originally paid in,,

and as I said and you keep ignoring is taxs are not for punishment, nor are they for redistribution,,

if you think so you might as well introduce yourself by saying ,,
hi I am winston and I'm a fascist,,,,

who gives a fuck who started it,,

fact remains the lower 50% of earners dont even pay income tax and get back more than they originally paid in,,

and as I said and you keep ignoring is taxs are not for punishment, nor are they for redistribution,,

if you think so you might as well introduce yourself by saying ,,
hi I am winston and I'm a fascist,,,,
Taxes are to fund the government. An intelligent society would structure those taxes so that they have the least effect on economic productivity. The sweet spot is around 17.5% of GDP. We are at about 10%. Hellova Stupid. I don't give a shit about just the income tax, those 50% of earners, they pay the Social Security tax from dollar one. They pay state, local, and sale taxes, and at a higher percentage of their income than the wealthy. More Hellova Stupid. And the shortfall between 10% and 17.5%? Well corporate income taxes don't even amount to one percent of GDP. Now, do you know the definition of Fascism? The merging of corporations and the state is a big part of that definition. So now, who is the Fascist?

Taxes are to fund the government. An intelligent society would structure those taxes so that they have the least effect on economic productivity. The sweet spot is around 17.5% of GDP. We are at about 10%. Hellova Stupid. I don't give a shit about just the income tax, those 50% of earners, they pay the Social Security tax from dollar one. They pay state, local, and sale taxes, and at a higher percentage of their income than the wealthy. More Hellova Stupid. And the shortfall between 10% and 17.5%? Well corporate income taxes don't even amount to one percent of GDP. Now, do you know the definition of Fascism? The merging of corporations and the state is a big part of that definition. So now, who is the Fascist?
the constitution is very specific as to how taxs are used and what the feds can do,,,

they are not following it and growing bigger by the day because they use taxs as a punishment to have more money to grow,,

if they followed the constitution there wouldnt be a need for higher taxs and the people could keep more of their own money,,,

Forum List

Back