Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just seeing a picture for the new Ariel in the upcoming reboot of The Little Mermaid and I have to say that she has a tad bit darker skin, but she still has red hair at least and she isn't completely black, but why do white rolls keep being replaced by darker skinned people? Don't they realize that they're being more racist by doing that then they would be if they allowed white rolls to remain white? I don't think there would be the same reaction if black rolls (like Tyler Perry for instance) were being replaced with white people. Anyways, here she isn't and she doesn't look THAT bad.

E3jSt8CXIAIPjr5.jpg

I was just seeing a picture for the new Ariel in the upcoming reboot of The Little Mermaid and I have to say that she has a tad bit darker skin, but she still has red hair at least and she isn't completely black, but why do white rolls keep being replaced by darker skinned people? Don't they realize that they're being more racist by doing that then they would be if they allowed white rolls to remain white? I don't think there would be the same reaction if black rolls (like Tyler Perry for instance) were being replaced with white people. Anyways, here she isn't and she doesn't look THAT bad.

View attachment 679074
She does not have red hair. She has red hair dye.

And the answer is "No". White folks do not get the roles.

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest with you guys. Ariel is my favorite Disney princess and I love The Little Mermaid so if they keep the LGBT stuff out of it, I might wind up seeing it because the Ariel actress actually looks decent. However, I'm not all that thrilled about Scuttle being a girl, but I could overlook that. I think it's a diving duck instead of a seagull now too.

View attachment 679074
The vast majority of roles have been “traditionally“ white. So I guess I would say are black actors only allowed to play “traditionally” black roles? Honestly I think we need to look past what race/ethnicity plays what role and just appreciate good acting.

But there are exceptions. Some roles demand a particular race/ethnicity, but I don’t think this is one of them. She IS stunningly beautiful, I will agree. :)

I hear you. I just watched 13 Lives. Besides all the white guys playing the British and Aussie divers, all the other actors were Thai! What's happened to Hollywood? All those Thai divers, army, trapped soccer team and volunteer roles should have gone to white people. Leftist nonsense!

The vast majority of roles have been “traditionally“ white. So I guess I would say are black actors only allowed to play “traditionally” black roles? Honestly I think we need to look past what race/ethnicity plays what role and just appreciate good acting.

But there are exceptions. Some roles demand a particular race/ethnicity, but I don’t think this is one of them. She IS stunningly beautiful, I will agree. :)

NEW roles. It can be done.

Looks like they get the roles, the vast majority of top roles goes to whites.

The only reason these Intellectual Properties have any value, is because of the emotional investment the fans have in the characters and stories.

Thus, our complaints when idiots screw with the characters and stories due to their politics, are justified and right.

NEW roles. It can be done.
Why? A lot of roles can be fairly generic, why should they be limited? I mean I totally get why a black dude wouldn’t work so well playing the lead character in Kung Fu and why a white dude would have trouble playing the main character in A Patch of Blue or why an Asian actor might not be able to pull off a Viking, but the little mermaid? It’s generic.

The only reason these Intellectual Properties have any value, is because of the emotional investment the fans have in the characters and stories.

Thus, our complaints when idiots screw with the characters and stories due to their politics, are justified and right.
Then do you complain about every movie re-do with different actors and tweaks?

Forum List

Back