CDZ Are we teaching our children the right things?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
As this country becomes more and more polarized, is this infecting our children too?

Should we be teaching them to shun and avoid people who don't think like we do?

Seems to me that young people should always be curious and open to new ideas. The only way to do that is by communicating with people face to face, in real life.

Is that what we're doing, or would this now be considered a bad idea?

No! Actually we are not! Did you notice how the white Christian children were excoriated by the left? No questions asked!
We are a nation divided. The Democrats have done their thing!

I think that banning folks who don't think the same way that we do is a horrible message for our children.

I do the same thing my father did.

Let them think for themselves.

Imagine his disgust when I was a a commie in my late teens, (except for the gun issue).

Once I got out on my own and started to question where %25 of my paycheck went before I could cash it, I started to accept the fact I might be wrong and did a little reading.

I've been a borderline Anarchist since then, and I only accept government because obviously more people than not need to be led and will fight to be governed, and some even demand to be cared for. I'm way more "right wing" than he is.

I don't worry if my kids join trendy leftist stupidity while they're young and impressionable. They will learn on their own. They have functioning frontal lobes and solve problems by themselves.

We've put a lot of effort into teaching our kids to ask questions, listen, think for themselves. But it's a real battle, because the culture just isn't like that right now.
Im sorry - are you on any school boards or intimately involved in your local community?

Because the culture that my kids are involved in are very independent in thought. They're intelligent enough to realize that bigotry is immoral, and they ask questions when it exists.

We've put a lot of effort into teaching our kids to ask questions, listen, think for themselves. But it's a real battle, because the culture just isn't like that right now.

When my dad grew up it was the 60's and "questioning authority" was trendy. The "liberals" in those days were not trying to promote the interests of the state. They were trying to undermine it.

Now the libturds see themselves as "the state" and questioning it has become criminal in whatever sphincter functions as their "minds"

The culture can be changed, in some cases it seems to follow natural trends rather than the deliberate manipulation of it.

I don't believe libturds represent the quantity of people we are led to believe they do. I think they're mostly a gaggle of loud mouthed malcontents and drones. I see them losing political power in a disastrous fashion in the very near future the more they push against "the silent majority" that has been anything but silent.

They refuse to listen.

I could be wrong though, the meat puppet faggot did get re-elected.

When my dad grew up it was the 60's and "questioning authority" was trendy. The "liberals" in those days were not trying to promote the interests of the state. They were trying to undermine it.

Now the libturds see themselves as "the state" and questioning it has become criminal in whatever sphincter functions as their "minds"

The culture can be changed, in some cases it seems to follow natural trends rather than the deliberate manipulation of it.

I don't believe libturds represent the quantity of people we are led to believe they do. I think they're mostly a gaggle of loud mouthed malcontents and drones. I see them losing political power in a disastrous fashion in the very near future the more they push against "the silent majority" that has been anything but silent.

They refuse to listen.

I could be wrong though, the meat puppet faggot did get re-elected.

Well, I don't see much listening being practiced by either end of the spectrum.

Right now, we're doing little more than firing talking points back and forth.

Time usually spent listening and considering is now used for formulating the next attack.

As this country becomes more and more polarized, is this infecting our children too?

Should we be teaching them to shun and avoid people who don't think like we do?

Seems to me that young people should always be curious and open to new ideas. The only way to do that is by communicating with people face to face, in real life.

Is that what we're doing, or would this now be considered a bad idea?

I remember when the movie Gosnell came out. Many parents said that they would take their children to see it. Of course, Progressives thought this was just horrible because children need to decide such issues for themselves. But then I got to thinking, where else will they hear the other side? Most people I know have never even heard of Dr. Gosnell, thanks to a Left wing media and school system that promotes Left wing thinking.

Can anyone imagine children being paraded in the streets during school time to protest abortion? LMAO!

Nope, just to protest guns is all.

Time usually spent listening and considering is now used for formulating the next attack.

I get what you're saying, and you're %100 right.

But why should I listen to someone who is trying to compel me to rejoin a side I figured out lied it's ass off in order to get me to join in the first place when I was young? I've heard everything they have to say, I used to believe it. Facts proved it wrong. Why waste time listening to people I know are either lying, or too stupid to know they're repeating lies?

There are still a few things I agree need to be done, like legalizing pot and ending the prosecution based drug war in favor of a rehabilitation program NOT RUN BY GOVERNMENT (so that we get results).

It's very regressive to teach children that hatred against folks based on the way that they were born is an acceptable way to co-habitate in a Society.

Humanity typically progresses, instead of regresses - which is why in 1st world society we don't give the death penalty for being of a certain religious belief... for being a witch.. for being gay..

and its really scary when folks take actual steps in the school systems to regress back to the days of hatred of the "other," and regressive when partisans talk about each other like "the other."

But progression is overtaking regressiveness like it usually will.

I remember when the movie Gosnell came out. Many parents said that they would take their children to see it. Of course, Progressives thought this was just horrible because children need to decide such issues for themselves. But then I got to thinking, where else will they hear the other side? Most people I know have never even heard of Dr. Gosnell, thanks to a Left wing media and school system that promotes Left wing thinking.

Can anyone imagine children being paraded in the streets during school time to protest abortion? LMAO!

Nope, just to protest guns is all.

That's why I like to tell some of these turds that Gosnell's toilet would have been their greatest achievement.

But why should I listen to someone who is trying to compel me to rejoin a side I figured out lied it's ass off in order to get me to join in the first place when I was young? I've heard everything they have to say, I used to believe it. Facts proved it wrong. Why waste time listening to people I know are either lying, or too stupid to know they're repeating lies?

There are still a few things I agree need to be done, like legalizing pot and ending the prosecution based drug war in favor of a rehabilitation program NOT RUN BY GOVERNMENT (so that we get results).
Well, things are so bad now that we'd just have to take it step by step. Little conversations, tiny steps, y'know?

I would just hate to see that we've raised a generation of kids who refuse to communicate with people who don't think just like they do. It would be like passing on a bad virus.

Well, things are so bad now that we'd just have to take it step by step. Little conversations, tiny steps, y'know?

I would just hate to see that we've raised a generation of kids who refuse to communicate with people who don't think just like they do.

Leftists are not interested in conversations, nor should we be.

For people who censor you on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and shout you down a Universities across the country, what other conclusion can you draw?

No, these people just need to be defeated is all.

I would just hate to see that we've raised a generation of kids who refuse to communicate with people who don't think just like they do.

For people who censor you on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and shout you down a Universities across the country, what other conclusion can you draw?

Is that a good philosophy to pass on to future generations?

Can't our kids learn by communicating with people with opposing views?

You'd hate to see that?

You're not looking out the window. There are kids who riot when people who don't "think" (which they're obviously not doing anyway) try and communicate with them. That ship has sailed and sunk.

You'd hate to see that?

You're not looking out the window. There are kids who riot when people who don't "think" (which they're obviously not doing anyway) try and communicate with them. That ship has sailed and sunk.

I hope you're wrong, but that could be.

Children need to know the facts that I just presented.

Society certainly will never give them such information.

Fascism needs to be defeated, not conversed with. No Nazi ever was turned on a mere conversation nor could be.

Obviously they're not allowed to. What happens when a kid wears a MAGA hat in DC with a smirk on his face? He can't even TALK without behind demonized on national TV.

I would just hate to see that we've raised a generation of kids who refuse to communicate with people who don't think just like they do. It would be like passing on a bad virus.
Mac - we used to segregate based on race, sex and ethnicity.

We are talking about BY LAW, not what some folks banter about on twitter.

Hell, even the Irish were treated as "the other" at one point and discriminated against here in America.

We are the strongest and most inclusive of "the other" as a whole then weve ever been in our Country's own history...ESPECIALLY in the eyes of our Law.

There are pockets of bigots and partisans - and always will be.

But compared to our past, we are fuckin Saints.

lol they literally burned actual real life HUMAN BEINGS at the Stake, mandated by LAW.

Forum List

Back