Are we loosing more then gaining?

Firehorse

Free Thinker
Sep 4, 2011
I drove resently from Charlette, NC to Mobile, AL and during that drive I passed a BMW factory (Greer, SC) a Kia factory (Lagrange, GA) a Hyundai factory (Hope Hull, AL) ... That's three auto makers from other countries along that route that have brought jobs to the US

Now I know that these economic times are hard with high unemployment, I'm not asking about ressesion job loss, I'm talking about the so called "out sourced" jobs to Chona and India ... Aren't we also benifiting from jobs in Germany, Japan and Korea being "out sourced" to our country?

I know of other auto factories here Mercedes and Nissan in KY for example.

In the cases of these manufacturers, are they "made in America"?

I will never buy a car from a foreign owned company no matter how many 12.67/hr. jobs they provide at plants in America. Never gonna happen.

I will never buy a car from a foreign owned company no matter how many 12.67/hr. jobs they provide at plants in America. Never gonna happen.

I will never buy a car from any American car company who has manufacturing plants outside of the United States. I guess that eliminates ALL "American" car companies.

So I'm sure "Shogun" can provide links to his claim of "12.67/hr. jobs" at foreign-operated car plants in the United States, right?

interesting position

When Chrysler owned Mercedes, had you the money, would you have concidered a Mercedes then?

I will never buy a car from any American car company who has manufacturing plants outside of the United States. I guess that eliminates ALL "American" car companies.

So I'm sure "Shogun" can provide links to his claim of "12.67/hr. jobs" at foreign-operated car plants in the United States, right?
Unions man...UNIONS...

What do you do when, the manufacturer is foreign, parts are made in America and production is in America, or the manufacturer is American but production is in Mexico and parts are made in Japan?

I drove resently from Charlette, NC to Mobile, AL and during that drive I passed a BMW factory (Greer, SC) a Kia factory (Lagrange, GA) a Hyundai factory (Hope Hull, AL) ... That's three auto makers from other countries along that route that have brought jobs to the US

Now I know that these economic times are hard with high unemployment, I'm not asking about ressesion job loss, I'm talking about the so called "out sourced" jobs to Chona and India ... Aren't we also benifiting from jobs in Germany, Japan and Korea being "out sourced" to our country?

I hadn't heard of all those foreign car companies investing in America, firehorse. It's a smart move considering the costs of shipping tonnage to get cars from there to here.

I still like my Chevy truck, though. :D

What do you do when, the manufacturer is foreign, parts are made in America and production is in America, or the manufacturer is American but production is in Mexico and parts are made in Japan?

That's my point.

People crying about out sourcing jobs (rightfully so ... I guess) yet we are benifiting from the exact same thing. I haven't seen a Sony TV factory, but I'm sure there is a few here someplace.

Those auto manufacture jobs are here, the dealers are here, the transports are here ... The only money that isn't is the "profit" ... But isn't the employment of all those workers worth anything?

Shogun would buy a Ford that has "out sourced" a factory to another nation, but he won't by a Nissan that has "in sourced" a factory here .... Which company is more pro-American?

That's my point.

People crying about out sourcing jobs (rightfully so ... I guess) yet we are benifiting from the exact same thing. I haven't seen a Sony TV factory, but I'm sure there is a few here someplace.

Those auto manufacture jobs are here, the dealers are here, the transports are here ... The only money that isn't is the "profit" ... But isn't the employment of all those workers worth anything?

Shogun would buy a Ford that has "out sourced" a factory to another nation, but he won't by a Nissan that has "in sourced" a factory here .... Which company is more pro-American?
But the question remains? WHY are the jobs outsourced?

Government Taxation, Regulation, and UNION labor.

Figure it out.

What does "loosing" mean?

That's my point.

Figure it out.

And I'm sure it has nothing to do with foreign workers who are happy to get paid $3/hour.

:cuckoo:

That's my point.

Figure it out.

No....YOU figure out why other car companies are locating here then if it's as bad as you make it out to be?

One of the best movie lines from Gran Torino.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M-t2xNrJ8Q]ACE Quote of the Day - 9/17/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Hyundia is American.

Edit: no it's not.

What's the one that sounds foreign but is all American?

Last edited:

And in an indication of just how welcome Kia's nonunion jobs are, some 43,000 people applied for 2,600 positions – with starting wages of $17 an hour – as the plant gears up to turn out its first model next November.

America's 'other' auto industry - CSMonitor.com

Nice use of quotations, dink. While you are scrambling for a retort go ahead and ask yourself how 17.00/hour differs from the Average of 56.00/hr at a domestic company plant.

:thup:

...laugh at conservatives who cry about our economic woes when blaming democratic presidents...

That's my point.

I wouldn't assume that most Ford factories are built outside of the US. Would you assume that most Nissan plants are found inside the US? Your conundrum really isn't.

That's my point.

Figure it out.

And I'm sure it has nothing to do with foreign workers who are happy to get paid $3/hour.

:cuckoo:

true story.

Forum List

Back