Are we living in Hell?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
What if Judgement happened 4,500 years ago with the Great Flood, or 85,000 years ago with Toba and we here on Earth now are the ones who got left behind, assigned to Hell with gnashing of teeth and much wailing?

of course we are living in hell...why even bother asking.....of course we are

What if Judgement happened 4,500 years ago with the Great Flood, or 85,000 years ago with Toba and we here on Earth now are the ones who got left behind, assigned to Hell with gnashing of teeth and much wailing?

Actually..that is a fascinating question to muse on.

That is a pretty good question. If I could go back 20 years, I would eat mushrooms or drop some acid and try to think about that question. I'd probably freak myself out.

Reminds me of the thing from "Hitchhiker's Guide..." about "if anyone ever figured out what's really going on, the universe would instantly collapse and be replaced by something even stranger. And then there are those who say this has already happened." :)

Watching science docs as I do, one about natural disasters made the point that natural disasters have happened throughout the planet's history, and wont stop just because people are extant now.

If going by the Bible though you have nohting to worry about. After the Great Flood, G-d did in fact promise to "never again destroy all flesh." Whether that means He wouldn't take out a city every now and then I dunno. :)

of course we are living in hell...why even bother asking.....of course we are

This thread intrigues me because I've had a pretty rough year and I've been comforting myself by reminding myself that I "live in Hell." I'll say to myself, "What do you expect, you live in Hell. This is Hell."

And oddly, that comforts me. I tell it to my dogs, too, when they aren't happy because it's freezing cold and dark outside all the time...we live in Hell, I tell them, what do you expect.

I won't go into the details about my challenges this past year, and, yes, of course...someone else always has it worse. How that's supposed to comfort me, I don't know.

But you can imagine my delight when I saw this thread, "Are We Living in Hell?" I'm not whacko, other people feel the same way!

It would kind of explain a lot of stuff, wouldn't it? I mean, like...what do we expect? We live in Hell. It helps make sense out of things.

Nope, in fact sometimes I think it's heaven on earth.

Nope, in fact sometimes I think it's heaven on earth.

Yes, I've actually gone through times like that. But the past year and a half...not so much. More like Hell.

Forum List

Back