Are we fully engaged in a passive civil war right now?

Do you really think this place is representative of the nation as a whole?
why not?....the party people here cant be that much different than those not in this forum.....watching political shows i see much of their attitudes about 3rd parties on them....

One more question: Do you really think "most" people frequent roller derby political forums? There's a wider world out there.
do you really think that if most people didnt have this 2 party attitude bullshit that there would be more that 2 parties dominating every election?

do you really think that if most people didnt have this 2 party attitude bullshit that there would be more that 2 parties dominating every election?
There will always be two parties. Names may change, but there will always be.

Another civil war thread.

No, we’re not in a civil war. This is just a bunch of drama queens expressing their anger on an anonymous message board.

1. Short, strict congressional term limits.
  2. Publicly-funded elections.
  3. Ranked choice voting.
  4. Non-partisan primaries.
  5. Independent redistricting commissions.
I disagree with 2 and 5 but I think some tweaks /restrictions to those would work.

I don't really know what you mean by 4. No partisan primaries? How would that work? Like a school board election?

Otherwise, I agree.

The parties are too far apart these days...there are nobody in the "middle".
Thereard plenty in the middle. Just no one listens to them. Two parties are not diverse enough represent every one's needs. We need more parties that all can effect change. The problem is how do we get there. Ya vote for some one not a dem or republican you are most the time throwing away your vote. How we get more parties involved I don't know but figure it out ya likely save America from the trash heap. Not likely we dominate for a thousand years like Rome did the way things are going.

Thereard plenty in the middle. Just no one listens to them. Two parties are not diverse enough represent every one's needs. We need more parties that all can effect change. The problem is how do we get there. Ya vote for some one not a dem or republican you are most the time throwing away your vote. How we get more parties involved I don't know but figure it out ya likely save America from the trash heap. Not likely we dominate for a thousand years like Rome did the way things are going.
Yep. And it had better happen soon.

The amazing thing to me is how many people are perfectly happy with this binary, all-or-nothing environment. Wild swings back and forth. And we can't fix big problems any more.

I don't know how at least 80% of the country is not demanding something better. I don't get it.

We do not have a parliamentary system, we are not going to have more than two political parties. For all the problems, it's for the best.

We do not have a parliamentary system, we are not going to have more than two political parties. For all the problems, it's for the best.
Well seems as though our two party system has problems of its own. The term civil war is brought up on a daily basis here. So not for the best.

Yep. And it had better happen soon.

The amazing thing to me is how many people are perfectly happy with this binary, all-or-nothing environment. Wild swings back and forth. And we can't fix big problems any more.

I don't know how at least 80% of the country is not demanding something better. I don't get it.
It seems simple to me that life is more complicated than either or. Neither party benefits me much.. For practical purposes Neither party votes for the interest of the common man once in office. They vote to benefit their largest campaign donors no matter what party they belong to.

It seems simple to me that life is more complicated than either or. Neither party benefits me much.. For practical purposes Neither party votes for the interest of the common man once in office. They vote to benefit their largest campaign donors no matter what party they belong to.
Well, that's a political/electoral system that motivates and rewards the very worst impulses of its participants.

So we work to change the system, or we just keep bending over and taking it.

I don't think enough people give a crap.

Forum List

Back