Are US Cities Doomed?

We have a long way to go before reaching the level of shithole of the city you live in OP. Tourist areas are nice, but wander outside of them and you are literally constantly smelling and breathing raw sewage from always broken lines under the streets and sidewalks. And you talk about shit holes. Here in America when a sewer pipes breaks we fix it right away. Your city of Praha, Prague is a world-class genuine for real shit hole.
You never wandered outside the "tourist" areas, obviously.

Camp, you bring this shit on yourself being the low-life you are.
Sure I wander outside the tourist areas. I stay in Andel and walk in the residential areas surrounding it, which are kind of poor in some directions and "middle class" in others. Of course, subways will take you anywhere in Prague for practically nothing.

No. WORLD cities are doomed
Lets be honest. If we woke up tomorrow and every person in every major city were gone, we'd have a much better planet. And that includes the major cities in China, India, America.

I believe we are overpopulated so I think it would be a good thing for the human race and planet and other animals we share this planet with. Whales, dolphins, tigers, polar bears, etc.... They/we would all benefit.

You go first. Set us an example.

No. WORLD cities are doomed
Lets be honest. If we woke up tomorrow and every person in every major city were gone, we'd have a much better planet. And that includes the major cities in China, India, America.

I believe we are overpopulated so I think it would be a good thing for the human race and planet and other animals we share this planet with. Whales, dolphins, tigers, polar bears, etc.... They/we would all benefit.

You go first. Set us an example.
Gates isn't quite ready yet

Given the widespread infections, mind-boggling homelessness and now mob rule that is turning America's cities into veritable cesspools, or shitholes if you prefer, will these liberal bastions become totally abandoned to the likes of their sleazy denizens as the remaining middle-class people flee for more livable and safer conditions?

This would leave a heavily-policed downtown area for tourists and a few businesses that choose to remain. This to some extent has already happened.

Is there anything that can be done, or are these the final nail in a figurative urban coffin?
Meanwhile your kids in Hooterville and Mayberry have to come to our cities to find work. No jobs at the piggly wiggly and Walmart is the only employer in your town.

If you can get the corporations to move from the cities to your communities, maybe you'd have something here.

P.S. The states that opened up early are having the most outbreaks in coronavirus cases. Red states. Good luck.

Meanwhile your kids in Hooterville and Mayberry have to come to our cities to find work...."not anymore" -- Hannibal Lecter

NYCity is fucking itself out in the billions column
The truth is that while blacks are moving out of Detroit because they are poor blacks in the poorest most dangerous neighborhoods, white educated kids are starting to move back to Downtown Detroit. The nicest part. The business district. Expensive gated communities that are well policed are popping up. It's amazing what white people can do when they have economic opportunity. But put them in the shitholes and see if they'd make it out or make something of it. HA!

So you're saying there's no such thing as "gentrification"?

Given the widespread infections, mind-boggling homelessness and now mob rule that is turning America's cities into veritable cesspools, or shitholes if you prefer, will these liberal bastions become totally abandoned to the likes of their sleazy denizens as the remaining middle-class people flee for more livable and safer conditions?

This would leave a heavily-policed downtown area for tourists and a few businesses that choose to remain. This to some extent has already happened.

Is there anything that can be done, or are these the final nail in a figurative urban coffin?
Eventually the Democrats will have control of most states and the Federal Government.
They will drive the middle class out of America.

Meanwhile your kids in Hooterville and Mayberry have to come to our cities to find work. No jobs at the piggly wiggly and Walmart is the only employer in your town.

If you can get the corporations to move from the cities to your communities, maybe you'd have something here.

P.S. The states that opened up early are having the most outbreaks in coronavirus cases. Red states. Good luck.
Link that. Florida and Georgia have the most cases? And when would you open?

We have a long way to go before reaching the level of shithole of the city you live in OP. Tourist areas are nice, but wander outside of them and you are literally constantly smelling and breathing raw sewage from always broken lines under the streets and sidewalks. And you talk about shit holes. Here in America when a sewer pipes breaks we fix it right away. Your city of Praha, Prague is a world-class genuine for real shit hole.
You never wandered outside the "tourist" areas, obviously.

Camp, you bring this shit on yourself being the low-life you are.
Sure I wander outside the tourist areas. I stay in Andel and walk in the residential areas surrounding it, which are kind of poor in some directions and "middle class" in others. Of course, subways will take you anywhere in Prague for practically nothing.
Andel, like Zizkov, have been heavily gentrified in the last two decades. Most the Gypsies and low life whites have long since moved out.

I have one child in Prague. This is a city but not a shithole. It is safe, orderly and beautiful. I would discourage him from seeking employment in a US city when the time comes.

My question stands. Can America's cities be saved, or will they permanently become dangerous cesspools.
It's a pendulum. 700,000 blacks left Detroit because it is/was a shithole for them. No opportunity for them there anymore. So they are coming out to the suburbs to live with us white people. They will assimilate after a couple generations much like a foreigners kids will.

Blacks make up at most 20% of the population. They don't have enough money to own/control a city on their own. Take for example Detroit. So Detroit like Metro Detroit should be 80% other and 20% black. Then the economic opportunity will come back to cities like that. White flight turned those cities into shitholes. Sending those great union manufacturing jobs too. Long story short, is this is a new normal. Unions are dead. Blue collar no longer makes $30 hr. in these cities. Whites too. So this is true for all people.

If you continue to keep economic opportunities out of American cities, new American cities will pop up. Down south perhaps. Do you think crime won't exist in these future southern cities?
You're talking about ancient history. This is in Current Events. Detroit is gone and not coming back. I'm talking about the shitholes of today with their diseases, homelessness and mob rule.
I can remember when Detroit was......well..........almost great.Brothers and Mezkins and rednecks all working their asses off together and making real money, living OK to better. Even Gary,Ind(where I was hatched) has US steel and all who supported it. We used to knock it...but it was a fun place to visit. Get some niggafoo (fantastic) and some killer bluez on the streets.It was even fairly mello during the black panther years.They only hated what could best be described today as oligarchs.They got along just fine with farmboys and rednecks who they worked with but couldn't be 'blatant" about it in public.
Today even southerners are better buddies with the black folk than them fucking yankees.

Link that. Florida and Georgia have the most cases? And when would you open?
Florida quit being Florida in the late sixties.

YES. Deploy regular army armored divisions to cities such as Minneapolis and Detroit, Baltimore and Chicago. Roll in the heavy cavalry, occupy these shitholes block by block with brothers and sisters who know what it's like to rumble in the jungles of Bagdad and Kabul. The savages and their democrat and media demagogues want America to feel as Third World as possible so let's step up to the plate in roll in the armor. While we're at it, you know what? Let's also bomb the fuck out of the Windy City with B-52's just to give it that "Aleppo-Sarajevo" feel, eh? The Democrats and their CNN and MSNBC lackeys are goddamn foaming at the collective mouths for war on U.S. soil so they can attribute our descent into Third World hell on Trump. Fuck it. Let's do it. While we're at it, while we're occupying all liberal shithole cities with armor divisions, let's clean those pus bucket places up. Raze 'em down, rebuild. Move in more civilized people. Let's go.

Meanwhile your kids in Hooterville and Mayberry have to come to our cities to find work...."not anymore" -- Hannibal Lecter

The truth is that while blacks are moving out of Detroit because they are poor blacks in the poorest most dangerous neighborhoods, white educated kids are starting to move back to Downtown Detroit. The nicest part. The business district. Expensive gated communities that are well policed are popping up. It's amazing what white people can do when they have economic opportunity. But put them in the shitholes and see if they'd make it out or make something of it. HA!

No that's not what I said. Next question.

Nai, geti eise toso malakas;

I know lots of dumb greeks like you. I know I'm wasting my breath. Most of them are losers or would be without mama and baba. Arrogant and fuck too. Know it alls even though everyone knows they don't know shit.

All Greeks think they are the best only some of us are right.

I know lots of dumb greeks like you. I know I'm wasting my breath. Most of them are losers or would be without mama and baba. Arrogant and fuck too. Know it alls even though everyone knows they don't know shit.

All Greeks think they are the best only some of us are right.
Entaxi, alla epimenw. Pos agines toso malakas;

Forum List

Back