Are These Ideas True or Not?

1. Is single payer national healthcare a good idea? Yes. Nearly every other developed country on this planet has some form of it. Why is it bad?
2. Does illegal immigration help our country? No! A nation needs laws and illegal is a bad thing. Who knows who will cross the border if we don't enforce our immigration laws.
3. Do you believe the world is going to end in 15 years? NO! That is insane!
4. If all of the Green New Deal was enacted, would it have any appreciable affect on climate change? Maybe a slight effect but probably more so longer term.

Thanks for the candor everyone. It seems something should be true regardless of who perceives it or where the information comes from. I wish politics went back to ideas. Even if they are idealistic 'pie in the sky' I wouldn't mind getting theoretical.

3. Do you believe the world is going to end in 15 years? Yes or No
Most of Trump's base will be dead in 15 years.

senior.jpg

or sooner - boomers quit playing with house money years ago -

Hello everyone. I've noticed most posts are about 'your side sucks', and I'm getting a little bored. I find it strange that no one can come to any agreement on any issue. Personally, I believe issues can be objectively true or false. Here are a few questions.

1. Is single payer national healthcare a good idea? Yes or No
2. Does illegal immigration help our country? Yes or No
4. If all of the Green New Deal was enacted, would it have any appreciable affect on climate change? Yes or No

I've stayed away from more contentious issues such as abortion or the 2nd amendment. I feel the above questions should have some common ground for both parties. You don't have to reply to all the questions, but do any of these questions have an objective answer?

1a: I support free preventative medicine from cradle to grave. This includes all inoculations at age appropriate times, physical examinations at age appropriate times, Rx Meds for age appropriate times, and for chronic disease such as Diabetes and mental illnesses.
2a: No. I support our immigration laws be enforced, not with violence and the separation of families but to be updated given our fear of terrorism and our compassion for the needy
3a No, but it will change.
4a I believe it will; it will for sure reduce the pollution created by coal and oil.

1. Is single payer national healthcare a good idea? Yes. Nearly every other developed country on this planet has some form of it. Why is it bad?
2. Does illegal immigration help our country? No! A nation needs laws and illegal is a bad thing. Who knows who will cross the border if we don't enforce our immigration laws.
3. Do you believe the world is going to end in 15 years? NO! That is insane!
4. If all of the Green New Deal was enacted, would it have any appreciable affect on climate change? Maybe a slight effect but probably more so longer term.

1b. Their are cost-benefits to free cradle to grave preventative medicine. It only requires a moments consideration to understand.
2b. Illegal immigration does not help our country, Trump's solution isn't a solution, it exacerbates the situation.
3b. No, but we can expect changes, and we need to plan for them (notwithstanding the causes of climate change).
4b. As stated, less pollution is better for the health of all living things.

Hello everyone. I've noticed most posts are about 'your side sucks', and I'm getting a little bored. I find it strange that no one can come to any agreement on any issue. Personally, I believe issues can be objectively true or false. Here are a few questions.

4. If all of the Green New Deal was enacted, would it have any appreciable affect on climate change? Yes or No

I've stayed away from more contentious issues such as abortion or the 2nd amendment. I feel the above questions should have some common ground for both parties. You don't have to reply to all the questions, but do any of these questions have an objective answer?

1, Single payer has good and bad in it. But the more important question is how are our other social programs that started many years ago doing today? SS is going broke, so is Medicare, they both cost us more money than we put in already. Commie Care is an utter failure, and it's only a few years old. It didn't do any of the things Hussein said it would. It didn't lower costs, the plans are the worst not covering anything unless you can afford the unaffordable premium plans. Deductibles and out of pocket costs up to 8 thousand dollars. Virtually useless.

2. Illegal immigration doesn't help anybody except crooked employers and the Democrat party.

3. Nobody really believes that. It's typical Democrat scare tactics is all. Just like when they said NYC will be under water by the 1990's. All their doom and gloom predictions never came true, why would this one?

4. We have pumped trillions of dollars into green. The environmentalists tell us we are worse off today than 40 years ago. Our cars run much more efficiently than years ago. Most of our steel mills closed down, and much of our other industrial industries as well. We got rid of lead gasoline, lead paint, fluorocarbons, home incinerators, our electricity is made much greener, and we are still doomed according to the whacko's. In the transportation industry, they greatly lowered the sulfur content in diesel fuel, and now we have to use Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) in all our vehicles.

No, it's a bad idea. But it is inevitable due to no alternative offered by the Right.

Illegal immigration does not do anywhere near as much harm as claimed by the Right.

We currently have full employment. That means all the illegals who are here are actually doing jobs most Americans won't do.

What we need is immigration reform. Our quota system is seriously broken.

Do you know something I don't? :cry:

Is Jesus coming back soon?

Much of the Green New Deal has nothing to do with climate change.

However, if we transitioned to 100 percent non-polluting energy sources in the next...ohhhh...fifty years, it would make a difference on climate change. But in order to have a significant impact, we would need the entire planet to cooperate.

The Sun is getting warmer ...
Nothing you do can affect climate change.

Eventually it will become a red giant.

Most warmist alarm change suggestions are useless, feel good measures.

Jo

No, it's a bad idea. But it is inevitable due to no alternative offered by the Right.

Illegal immigration does not do anywhere near as much harm as claimed by the Right.

We currently have full employment. That means all the illegals who are here are actually doing jobs most Americans won't do.

However, if we transitioned to 100 percent non-polluting energy sources in the next...ohhhh...fifty years, it would make a difference on climate change. But in order to have a significant impact, we would need the entire planet to cooperate.

Jo
Is the Sun causing global warming? – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

No. The Sun can influence the Earth’s climate, but it isn’t responsible for the warming trend we’ve seen over the past few decades.

Jo

No. The Sun can influence the Earth’s climate, but it isn’t responsible for the warming trend we’ve seen over the past few decades.

Wrong.... The sun is gaining heat energy output with every passing day. It's happening in micro measurements but even the smallest increment in a body so large can translate into enormous changes here on Earth.

Nothing can stop it from happening. You're simply fighting over lounge chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Scientists warn sun becoming HOTTER each day – ‘Will render Earth uninhabitable’

Jo

Last edited:

Jo

Wrong.... The sun is gaining heat energy output with every passing day. It's happening in micro measurements but even the smallest increment in a body so large can translate into enormous changes here on Earth.

Nothing can stop it from happening. You're simply fighting over lounge chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Scientists warn sun becoming HOTTER each day – ‘Will render Earth uninhabitable’

Jo
You should read your own link. They are talking about BILLIONS OF YEARS FROM NOW. :lol:

Forum List

Back