Are there any sports fans on here that are still fans of any of the four major sports?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
That is, the NBA, NHL, NFL, or Major League Baseball? I used to be a fan of all four, but with all the crap going on right now with "woke" professional athletes, I'm a fan of only the NHL and Baseball anymore. There IS a lot of the "woke" bullshit going on in baseball, but I'm a still a fan, mainly because I've been a fan now for 50 years. And I'm a "stat hound", interested in the stats of baseball, and there are a LOT of them. I'm still a fan of the NHL, as well, because like baseball, I've been a fan since 1970. Plus there seems to be very little "woke" bullshit going on in hockey.

I still watch but I long ago quit spending any money on it at the professional level. It's messed up when one guy can sign a contract for $500 million but the kids around the stadium can't afford a ticket.

That is, the NBA, NHL, NFL, or Major League Baseball? I used to be a fan of all four, but with all the crap going on right now with "woke" professional athletes, I'm a fan of only the NHL and Baseball anymore. There IS a lot of the "woke" bullshit going on in baseball, but I'm a still a fan, mainly because I've been a fan now for 50 years. And I'm a "stat hound", interested in the stats of baseball, and there are a LOT of them. I'm still a fan of the NHL, as well, because like baseball, I've been a fan since 1970. Plus there seems to be very little "woke" bullshit going on in hockey.
No way !!
NFL was my final one- Now I am done with it
UFC has now emerged as my fav

No way !!
No way !!

UFC 250: Fighter Devin Clark kneels, raises fist during introduction

It's just baseball and golf for me. They aren't nearly as in your face with BLM as the NBA and what I assume NFL will be.

I did not watch live tennis until only 20 yrs ago

Indian Wells - 6 times in California
Cincinnati masters 3 times

2 of the best events of the year

I have been to 9 major tennis events
Very expensive!!
Who was your favorite tennis player to watch live?
Well it was Federer then Agassi then Nadal
Wow, three great ones! I've never been to a professional tennis match. I would have liked to see those three in their prime. Pete Sampras is another one I wish I had seen live.
Federer is very broken down now , but Nadal still plays at high high level
Do you live near LA or Cincinnati

How are things in Vegas right now? Are they OK, or are things a bit scary there?
Well
Most of the city I avoid !!
I only go to 4 places !!! One is home and one is work
The metro area is full of drug addicts , con artist, degenerates and homeless bums

Very expensive!!
Wow, three great ones! I've never been to a professional tennis match. I would have liked to see those three in their prime. Pete Sampras is another one I wish I had seen live.
Nope to either city. I live in Valparaiso, Indiana, in the Northwest corner of the state. I'm only 60-65 miles from downtown Chicago, but I haven't been there since 2012. And I don't ever plan on returning there.

How are things in Vegas right now? Are they OK, or are things a bit scary there?
Well
The metro area is full of drug addicts , con artist, degenerates and homeless bums
It sounds like you're being careful, that's a good thing.

Very expensive!!
Nope to either city. I live in Valparaiso, Indiana, in the Northwest corner of the state. I'm only 60-65 miles from downtown Chicago, but I haven't been there since 2012. And I don't ever plan on returning there.
If you’re a big tennis fan ..I recommend you look into the 2021 Cincinnati masters in August .
Nadal is still playing great

Well
It sounds like you're being careful, that's a good thing.
I am very careful to insanity
I won’t even drive here at night and I try to stay home with a shotgun

Forum List

Back