Are There Any Small Mountains Near Andrews Air Force Base?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
I've been writing a story where a president is the subject of an assassination attempt and the Secret Service rushes him to Andrews Air Force base. Once there he realizes that the assassination attempt was only intended to force him to go to the base and that the foreign nation involved in the assassination attempt are planning to destroy the base with a nuclear attack.

The president quickly gets aboard a C-130 that leaves the base at maximum speed but the president orders the plane to fly behind a nearby mountain to get into its blast shadow as protection from the coming detonation.

So are there any small mountains (judge for yourself what "small" means) near Andrews?

Kamala has small mountains on her chest. If anyone tried to do away with the stuttering fuck, it would be her. Or Hillary.

Besides, the Russians and Chinese would never try to assassinate Stuttering Joe.. He's a pushover and a simpatico.

I've been writing a story where a president is the subject of an assassination attempt and the Secret Service rushes him to Andrews Air Force base. Once there he realizes that the assassination attempt was only intended to force him to go to the base and that the foreign nation involved in the assassination attempt are planning to destroy the base with a nuclear attack.

The president quickly gets aboard a C-130 that leaves the base at maximum speed but the president orders the plane to fly behind a nearby mountain to get into its blast shadow as protection from the coming detonation.

So are there any small mountains (judge for yourself what "small" means) near Andrews?
I would go to google maps and click on terrain,,

should give you all you need,,

Closest mountains are either in West Virginia or NorthWest Maryland. Just look for the Appalachian Trail follow it till it is the closest to DC.

1627600295215.png

I spent a lot of time on and around Andrews AFB back in the day. There are no mountains within like 50 miles (at least) it's pretty flat land.

What about beyond that? And I'm guessing to be able to used as a blast shadow something only a few hundred feet high would be enough.

Well you can claim poetic license and create the hill you need. You could also have The President take off in a mega-helicopter. :)
I don't think any known helicopter would have the speed to get out of the blast radius of a nuclear warhead.

New Topics

Forum List

Back