Are there any other blues fans on here?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
I'm a big fan of blues music, especially the classic Chicago Blues of the 1950's and 60's. Muddy Waters is my all-time favorite blues musician, and probably my favorite in ANY music genre. I also really like the music of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter. I like a lot of the pre-World War Two acoustic country blues as well. Robert Johnson and Skip James are my favorite pre-War blues musicians.

I love Robin Trower's Bridge Of Sighs album/cd. I'll have to check out some of his newer stuff.

i thought you said the blues?.....

Robin Trower's music is obviously not pure blues, but a lot of it is blues-based. I'd call it blues rock or rock blues. The man does have a FEEL for the blues.

you went from 50's blues to trower....i just thought that was a pretty big jump is all........

you went from 50's blues to trower....i just thought that was a pretty big jump is all........
I'll take the blame.
I usually don't waste much time squabbling over musical genre definitions.
Everybody knows the history.

As for Trower, imo he took the blues into sort of where Clapton and Hendrix left off
with it. But really everything from country to R&B to shred metal - all has some blues and jazz roots in it.

Last edited:

I like Robert Cray's older stuff, up through his Strong Persuader album. His music since then, to me, has been too slick and not bluesy enough for my taste. He never really WAS a pure blues musician, but his early stuff has more of a blues feel to it.

I wasn't aware he plays without a pick a lot, which I attempt sometimes
but only messing around on acoustic. They have some good backing tracks on Youtube
that I play along with all the time just for practice by myself at home. But I mix my own stuff too.

I'm a big fan of blues music, especially the classic Chicago Blues of the 1950's and 60's. Muddy Waters is my all-time favorite blues musician, and probably my favorite in ANY music genre. I also really like the music of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter. I like a lot of the pre-World War Two acoustic country blues as well. Robert Johnson and Skip James are my favorite pre-War blues musicians.
I Root for them every year.

New Topics

Forum List

Back