Are there any other asparagus lovers out there?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
I REALLY like asparagus, fresh OR canned. I DO prefer fresh asparagus, but canned asparagus isn't too bad. So anyway, what do you like to add to your asparagus? For the canned, I add margarine and salt to it after I've cooked it. I also love to DRINK the asparagus juice when it's nice and hot. YUM! For the fresh, I dip it in either Ranch dressing or guacamole. AND I get a kick out of how the asparagus makes my pee smell funny. A humorous side effect, to say the least!

I REALLY like asparagus, fresh OR canned. I DO prefer fresh asparagus, but canned asparagus isn't too bad. So anyway, what do you like to add to your asparagus? For the canned, I add margarine and salt to it after I've cooked it. I also love to DRINK the asparagus juice when it's nice and hot. YUM! For the fresh, I dip it in either Ranch dressing or guacamole. AND I get a kick out of how the asparagus makes my pee smell funny. A humorous side effect, to say the least!

Asparagus is fine as a side dish, I like thin stalked frozen asparagus, steamed for a few minutes. I haven't bought it for a while because I haven't been to Trader Joe's since the Corona Panic took hold 3 months ago. They make people stand in line outside there, they don't at Walmart.

1592611861616.png

Parmesan cheese goes well with it. Also, I have marinated it in a vinaigrette and then grilled it. Otherwise I steam it.

I like asparagus.

Ever notice how it makes your piss smell strange?

No, I never noticed that, but I usually don't smell my urine.

I am going to be seeing the pecker checker in August, and he always collects a urine specimen. Do you think it would impress him if I ate asparagus before I went there?

Love Asparagus!!
Buy it young!! We toss ours in olive oil,salt,pepper and Parmesan cheese. Pop in the oven at 425 the time varies depending on how big they are. But with the baby Asparagus it usually takes around 12 minutes. I like mine with a little snap in em still so I pull em early.
Squeeze a little lemon on em and done.

I like asparagus.

I am going to be seeing the pecker checker in August, and he always collects a urine specimen. Do you think it would impress him if I ate asparagus before I went there?

Your nose must be defective.
It makes your piss stink to high heaven.

I like asparagus.

Your nose must be defective.
It makes your piss stink to high heaven.
I've read that about 50% of those who eat asparagus DON'T notice an odor. Poor them! I LIKE the way it makes my pee smell. But I AM a bit eccentric..................

Love Asparagus!!
Buy it young!! We toss ours in olive oil,salt,pepper and Parmesan cheese. Pop in the oven at 425 the time varies depending on how big they are. But with the baby Asparagus it usually takes around 12 minutes. I like mine with a little snap in em still so I pull em early.
Thanks for the recipe!

I like asparagus.

DO eat PLENTY of asparagus RIGHT before you go. Now THAT would be humorous!

I like asparagus.

Also, "pecker checker", that's funny!

Love Asparagus!!
Thanks for the recipe!

Oh...spread em out on a LIGHTLY oiled/greased sheet pan before placing them in the oven.
If you have a grate that covers the sheet pan even better.
That way your asparagus cooks evenly.

Forum List

Back