Are there any Democrats who think Biden's VP criteria are silly?

After 250 years of purposefully not selecting a black woman due to skin color and gender you now want to get irate over choosing one from among lots of quality candidates?

After 250 years of purposefully not selecting a black woman due to skin color and gender you now want to get irate over choosing one from among lots of quality candidates?

Heh... who's irate?? I just think it's petty and patronizing. Makes Democrats seem a little silly.

Seriously, I get the liberal passion for diversity and equal rights. And I'd certainly include any and all qualified candidates in my search, but doesn't declaring that they have to be of a certain race or gender strike you as patronizing and petty?

I thought the same thing when Justin Trudeau told Canadians that half of his cabinet would be women. But we have had the BEST and most competent governance than we’ve ever had.

People wailed about all of the qualified men who lose out to less qualified women ...

I don't give a shit about that. I just think it's patronizing to say "my veep candidate must have a vagina and African DNA".

And yet so many men say they would NEVER vote for a woman so in essence they saying that you have to have a penis to get their vote.

Forum List

Back