ARE the POOR, POOR ?

poverty_amenities.png

• Banned

I like your avatar: Lezbo LIBERTY osculating (passionately) Lezbo JUSTICE.

How fucking appropriate for one of the many LEZBO (and/or QUEER) DEMS.

their are GOP gays~duh!

"THEIR" are also blacks who are GOP, but it's like 10 to one who are the Black Racists who'd vote for the LOSER, MONUMENTAL RACIST, MUSLIM PROTECTING, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CODDLING FRAUD, SAMBO OBAMBO no matter if this semi-black Mendacious Charlatan would be a coloured Weanie Weiner & breakfast on fried catshit on National TV every morning....DUH !!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I like your avatar: Lezbo LIBERTY osculating (passionately) Lezbo JUSTICE.

How fucking appropriate for one of the many LEZBO (and/or QUEER) DEMS.

their are GOP gays~duh!

"THEIR" are also blacks who are GOP, but it's like 10 to one who are the Black Racists who'd vote for the LOSER, MONUMENTAL RACIST, MUSLIM PROTECTING, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CODDLING FRAUD, SAMBO OBAMBO no matter if this semi-black Mendacious Charlatan would be a coloured Weanie Weiner & breakfast on fried catshit on National TV every morning....DUH !!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

sounds like ur jealous.

Some people are less welloff than others, nothing new about that. There are some people who are super wealthy, nothing new about that either. And we have a growing income inequality, again nothing new. The question shouldn't be how bad off the poor are but what should be done about it. And here's where we go off in different directions.

Some people, mostly liberals, want to redistribute the wealth, Robin Hood style. Flat out take money from the uberrich in the form of higher taxation and give it to the lower income people. This does not really address the problem or change the circumstances for how and why the situation came to be in the first place. Politicians do not spend our money wisely, it mostly goes to short term temporary programs that help them get re-elected rather than effective long term approaches that get to the root of the problem.

I've always thought that competition is the key, in all facets of life you need good open competition to make our schools and businesses and gov'ts as effective and efficient as possible. Unions should not exist to keep bad teachers employed, nor should executive compensation committees be allowed to grant outragious sums to CEOs and top execs without express approval from the shareholders in advance.

As I see it, more and better competition offers more opportunities for those less welloff to get in the game and have a chance. No guarantees, you make or it not on your own merits and initiative. If you don't try, then you should have to deal with the consequences.

Last edited:
their are GOP gays~duh!

sounds like ur jealous.

STILL sounds like ur a Certified Obamarrhoidal Stooge, a genuine CONGENITAL IDIOT, and an established Piece of Shit.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm quite sure many past failed civilizations tweaked the definition of poverty , prosperity, or whatever gauge of lifestyle they utilized

I'm quite sure many past failed civilizations tweaked the definition of poverty , prosperity, or whatever gauge of lifestyle they utilized

Sparky,

Like that "Klaatu Barada Nikto" ....... nice touch.

Don't worry, when they cut all welfare programs and people are starving to death on the streets, and western world is in open revolt (London riots anyone?) with depression era unemployment, we will be no longer a 'welfare state'.

Here's the *cough* perfect country that will be created from the crap politicians day after day are feeding people:

Slums-of-Detroit%201%20%202%20.jpg

So when do we start migrating to China for jobs? :eusa_eh:

PS: Or you could pour money into education, provide small business grants. Maybe actually create a welfare system to put people into work, rather than waste the entire welfare budget on programs that fail the poor. I like NZ's $300,000 pumpkin, where the right wing government thought throwing $300,000 at 24 people to grow one pumpkin was the best use of tax payer money. But that is just crazy talk right?

I suppose it would be horrifying if governments actually decided to make it policy to help the people. :tongue:

Last edited:
Imagining that having a television set or refrigorator means one is not poor takes a kind of clueless stupidity that only a right-wing crank can sign onto.

I can buy a used TV for $10 at a yard sale.

Hell, I've got a Trinitron color TV sitting idle in my living room that I'll sell you if you want one. Give me $10 for it.

$10 is what, about two McD's happy meals?

Poverty is when you cannot pay for the things one needs to live...food and maintaining adaquate shelter are the big problems facing most people.

Thanks to FREE TRADE clothing, appliances and stuff like that are cheap.

ALSO thanks to FREE TRADE survival is dear.

Last edited:
Imagining that having a television set or refrigorator means one is not poor takes a kind of clueless stupidity that only a right-wing crank can sign onto.

I can buy a used TV for $10 at a yard sale.

Hell, I've got a Trinitron color TV sitting idle in my living room that I'll sell you if you want one. Give me $10 for it.

$10 is what, about two McD's happy meals?

Poverty is when you cannot pay for the things one needs to live...food and maintaining adaquate shelter are the big problems facing most people.

Thanks to FREE TRADE clothing, appliances and stuff like that are cheap.

ALSO thanks to FREE TRADE survival is dear.
What do you think of those crackpots that suggest eliminating the minimum wage is a good thing? They claim that the ideal society is one without unemployment, in other words only CEO's deserve money, and everyone else (whether they are a economist or a unskilled laborer) should go hungry on wages below inflation. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back