Are the Mods Secret for a Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will show up on the list for 30 min. if we don't physically log off the site.
If we just go to another site or log off the computer without logging off this site, it will still show
that we're still here for 30 min.
Thanks, Meister! That explains it. Except that after half an hour it doesn't show that who's still on and available. It's not as if I am going to check every few minutes to see who's signed on. I only look for it if I have a question.
If there is no mod shown, that would mean that no mod is on at that time.
I have had many posts removed when the site showed no moderators on duty.

how is that happening?
Maybe your timing is off, but, if none is shown there are none. Possibly a post is removed and less than
a min. later the mod logged off.
the pattern I have always experienced is the same. No moderator appears on the list and it is always the same subject matter removed.

Other boards set up like this allow mods to be invisible. I doubt if you are doing it, but how do you know if another mod is not doing it?

All mods can see all actions. We don’t do stealth mode. If you think a post was removed that should not have been, contact a mod of your choice to look at it. Of course, you know this. You have been told this. Over and over.

Whining gets old.

Then own up to pulling a post when you do it. It couldn't be that hard to include who you are when you put that snarkey note in the Alerts clump, you big coward Fine person
Sure, I could. But if I am cleaning up a thread mess I don’t always think to sign my name each and every time. But point taken, it is easy to forget that isn’t an automatic attribution.

[QUOT
Who do I tell about privacy settings that aren't working?
Not sure what you mean?
In my profile is a "Privacy" selection. When I go to it, it gives options. The first two are, show your online status and show your current activity. I have not got either selected, but it shows when I'm online and where I am. I did hit save, but it still shows. It never worked in the other program either. I just thought if there were techies working out all the bugs, maybe they could fix that.

We will show up on the list for 30 min. if we don't physically log off the site.
If we just go to another site or log off the computer without logging off this site, it will still show
Thanks, Meister! That explains it. Except that after half an hour it doesn't show that who's still on and available. It's not as if I am going to check every few minutes to see who's signed on. I only look for it if I have a question.

how is that happening?
Maybe your timing is off, but, if none is shown there are none. Possibly a post is removed and less than
the pattern I have always experienced is the same. No moderator appears on the list and it is always the same subject matter removed.

Other boards set up like this allow mods to be invisible. I doubt if you are doing it, but how do you know if another mod is not doing it?

All mods can see all actions. We don’t do stealth mode. If you think a post was removed that should not have been, contact a mod of your choice to look at it. Of course, you know this. You have been told this. Over and over.

Whining gets old.

Then own up to pulling a post when you do it. It couldn't be that hard to include who you are when you put that snarkey note in the Alerts clump, you big coward Fine person
Sure, I could. But if I am cleaning up a thread mess I don’t always think to sign my name each and every time. But point taken, it is easy to forget that isn’t an automatic attribution.

Forget? That implies that you sometimes do identify yourself as the one doing it. I never once saw that happen. You don't forget. You just don't want to.

how is that happening?

Whining gets old.

Forget? That implies that you sometimes do identify yourself as the one doing it. I never once saw that happen. You don't forget. You just don't want to.
What ever you say.

[QUOT
Not sure what you mean?
In my profile is a "Privacy" selection. When I go to it, it gives options. The first two are, show your online status and show your current activity. I have not got either selected, but it shows when I'm online and where I am. I did hit save, but it still shows. It never worked in the other program either. I just thought if there were techies working out all the bugs, maybe they could fix that.
I am not sure about this....but you might see it because it is you. Ask some else (not a mod because it is visible to us anyway ) if they see you...does that make sense?

You should know by now that there is little to NO moderation in USMB ;)

There is plenty of Moderation on this board... The fact is many disagree with the Moderation and feel it should be heavier for one side or the other... Just how I feel...

Also let me be clear I am not questioning the moderation or their process and I am saying many of you disagree with it and wish they would moderate the opposition heavier but the moderation team are fair and anyone disagree do not know how much they have to put up with us and our childish nonsense daily here.

Just wanted to clarify...

how is that happening?

No, no we aren't doing it in some invisible mode. When we are on we show up on the list
For only half an hour, you said. Some of you stay on longer than that. Did I read that wrong?
Half hour of no activity on this forum. If we are modding or posting we will always show, until we leave without
logging off. If we just leave the site, we won't have any activity and after 30 min. it will stop showing us as being here.

how is that happening?

No, no we aren't doing it in some invisible mode. When we are on we show up on the list
So, you are saying that the vbulletin system you were using does NOT have an incognito mode?
Asking the wrong person. I haven't a clue other than point and click and push a button off/on.
Not really tech savvy.

[QUOT
Not sure what you mean?
I am not sure about this....but you might see it because it is you. Ask some else (not a mod because it is visible to us anyway ) if they see you...does that make sense?
Thanks, Coyote. Natural Citizen checked and the privacy is working. You are right.

how is that happening?

For only half an hour, you said. Some of you stay on longer than that. Did I read that wrong?
Half hour of no activity on this forum. If we are modding or posting we will always show, until we leave without
logging off. If we just leave the site, we won't have any activity and after 30 min. it will stop showing us as being here.
Well, there! Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back