Are the Mods Secret for a Reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had better believe it. People can be naive about data that a malicious person can piece together. It is why we are really strict about data mining offenses.

So, moderators are being harrased in real life and thus posting incognito (in direct contradiction of previous claims) because somebody has pieced together enough information to know their identity -- is that the claim?

It is difficult to know which claims here are true and which are false because of all the contradictions in what is being said.

What about a malicious moderator who stalks posters, though? Should I assume here that there is nothing in place to prevent such from occurring?

I had a former member piece together enough information to figure out who I was in real life, and who then attempted to get me fired in real life. Another mod here had similar, real life, attacks from this person. For a while after that, I selected the option not to be visible. That was several years ago.

If a mod needs a break or chooses to be invisible, because it is late at night, that is their choice.

For most part, we choose to remain visible and accessable, and I think there is always at least one mod on. We are volunteers. No one should have to put up with real life disruptions because of disfunctional people who carry Forum grudges into Real Life.

Secondly, on your last paragraph (and speaking of carrying grudges) I am quite sure you are referring to me, so let’s not be coy. If you feel you are being stalked and harassed, contact a senior mod.

If you feel a post was unjustly removed (I.e. it did not violate the rules) query a mod. We can see what is deleted. You and the mod can discuss the rules.

In the meantime, let me make two points:

One - I have largely ignored for a while, not replying to your posts, not even moderating much. Suddenly, you started addressing my posts. Who is stalking who?

Two - since you have chosen to publicly whine about your posts being deleted, I will respond publicly. Lack of topical content. You have a habit of using threads to make nasty personal jibes about members and derailing discussion onto a member rather than a topic. Discussions about members generally belong in the FZ or Badlands.

Lastly....if you won’t contact one of the team because you feel we are all biased against you....well, maybe it is because you have worn out the team’s tolerance and goodwill here with your complaining and insinuations.

So, mods sometimes choose to be accessible and sometimes you do not.
The question has finally been answered. It sure took a long time for the truth to come out.
And a very honest, transparent answer it was.

You had better believe it. People can be naive about data that a malicious person can piece together. It is why we are really strict about data mining offenses.

So, moderators are being harrased in real life and thus posting incognito (in direct contradiction of previous claims) because somebody has pieced together enough information to know their identity -- is that the claim?

It is difficult to know which claims here are true and which are false because of all the contradictions in what is being said.

What about a malicious moderator who stalks posters, though? Should I assume here that there is nothing in place to prevent such from occurring?

I had a former member piece together enough information to figure out who I was in real life, and who then attempted to get me fired in real life. Another mod here had similar, real life, attacks from this person. For a while after that, I selected the option not to be visible. That was several years ago.

If a mod needs a break or chooses to be invisible, because it is late at night, that is their choice.

For most part, we choose to remain visible and accessable, and I think there is always at least one mod on. We are volunteers. No one should have to put up with real life disruptions because of disfunctional people who carry Forum grudges into Real Life.

Secondly, on your last paragraph (and speaking of carrying grudges) I am quite sure you are referring to me, so let’s not be coy. If you feel you are being stalked and harassed, contact a senior mod.

If you feel a post was unjustly removed (I.e. it did not violate the rules) query a mod. We can see what is deleted. You and the mod can discuss the rules.

One - I have largely ignored for a while, not replying to your posts, not even moderating much. Suddenly, you started addressing my posts. Who is stalking who?

Two - since you have chosen to publicly whine about your posts being deleted, I will respond publicly. Lack of topical content. You have a habit of using threads to make nasty personal jibes about members and derailing discussion onto a member rather than a topic. Discussions about members generally belong in the FZ or Badlands.

Lastly....if you won’t contact one of the team because you feel we are all biased against you....well, maybe it is because you have worn out the team’s tolerance and goodwill here with your complaining and insinuations.

The question has finally been answered. It sure took a long time for the truth to come out.

It was answered multiple times. Different mods work it different ways. Do have an agenda in pursuing this?
Correction -- It was denied several times.

…..but yes, I do have an agenda in this and that is getting at the truth of the matter.

It was answered multiple times. Different mods work it different ways. Do have an agenda in pursuing this?

…..but yes, I do have an agenda in this and that is getting at the truth of the matter.
Is there a problem here?

1586109125879.png

Is there a problem here?

View attachment 319569

You were the one who asked the original question.

You tell me.
Nope. My curiosity is fully satisfied. Hope you are satisfied, too, because none of the mods deserve that hostility, Dog.

Nope. My curiosity is fully satisfied. Hope you are satisfied, too, because none of the mods deserve that hostility, Dog.

You sure can change your tune on a dime. Earlier, you were voicing frustration that your question wasn't being answered.

As far as hostility is concerned, you must be very selective because you have been quite thankful at all the hostility directed AT me.

You sure can change your tune on a dime. Earlier, you were voicing frustration that your question wasn't being answered.

As far as hostility is concerned, you must be very selective because you have been quite thankful at all the hostility directed AT me.
Bring it downstairs, perhaps?

a couple mods have been stalked in real life because of this volunteering over a long time, and they MAY choose to log-in not visible during their work hours for instance..

So, now you are saying that there are mods who DO log in incognito. This is a direct contradiction of the claims made by others.

Beyond that, how are mods being stalked in real life? How is it that people are finding out their personal identities and harrasing them? I find this claim hard to believe.

:rolleyes:
You would find it hard.. That's why I've carried that George Shaw quote in my footer since my first message boards days...

It's times like these WE'D LIKE to answer your gripes PUBLICLY -- but dont want to "correct the record" and embarrass anyone in front of whole coliseum... This kinda thing is not for the "fans"... So -- if you're not happy with the mod explanations -- next time bring some similarly aggreived friends -- maybe a lawyer from the ACLU or an official from Homeland Security into the PM with you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back