Are the anti-science zealots accepting anthropogenic climate change yet?

Certainly, malthusians once feared such a catastrophe. The consequences of human overpopulation have not been as dire.

How does that nullify the reality of anthropogenic climate change for which we are already witnessing the predicted consequences?

No, we aren't. The facts are the storms of the past were far worse than ANYTHING we have experienced this century.

"The Great Flood of 1862 was the largest flood in the recorded history of Oregon, Nevada, and California, occurring from December 1861 to January 1862. It was preceded by weeks of continuous rains and snows in the very high elevations that began in Oregon in November 1861 and continued into January 1862. This was followed by a record amount of rain from January 9–12, and contributed to a flood that extended from the Columbia River southward in western Oregon, and through California to San Diego, and extended as far inland as Idaho in the Washington Territory, Nevada and Utah in the Utah Territory, and Arizona in the western New Mexico Territory. The event dumped an equivalent of 10 feet (3.0 m) of water in California, in the form of rain and snow, over a period of 43 days.[3][4] Immense snowfalls in the mountains of far western North America caused more flooding in Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, as well as in Baja California and Sonora, Mexico the following spring and summer, as the snow melted.

The event was capped by a warm intense storm that melted the high snow load. The resulting snow-melt flooded valleys, inundated or swept away towns, mills, dams, flumes, houses, fences, and domestic animals, and ruined fields. It has been described as the worst disaster ever to strike California.[5] The storms caused approximately $100 million 1861 USD in damage, approximately equal to $3.117 billion (2021 USD). The governor, state legislature, and state employees were not paid for a year and a half.[2] At least 4,000 people were estimated to have been killed in the floods in California, which was roughly 1% of the state population at the time.[1]"

You are upset by the overwhelming evidence that industrial emissions into the atmosphere are impacting the atmosphere.

That obvious reality is just the way it is.

What evidence is that. Specifically.

Just think if we had done the "sensible" thing and listed to the experts and instituted draconic population control to avoid the famines of the 70s?

Crushing the rights of vast numbers of people, using massive government force to make them do what the "experts" wanted,

and for what? For a fear that never came true.
Can you cite any credible sources that refute the preponderance of climatologists' concurrence and the recognition of that concurrence by all nations (except for Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan)?

A bunch of pissy ideologues yammering that they don't like science is hard to take seriously.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 7.27.34 AM.png

Green idiots are throwing trillions of tax dollars around the globe.
All the third worlders are lining up with their hands out for their "share".
What trillions are being thrown around? All I see are industrial countries undertaking mitigation measures and trying with varying levels of sincerity and intensity to reduce their GHG emissions. How much money has the US actually given to your third world countries to help them with the effects of global warming? Do you even know? Here:

What trillions are being thrown around? All I see are industrial countries undertaking mitigation measures and trying with varying levels of sincerity and intensity to reduce their GHG emissions. How much money has the US actually given to your third world countries to help them with the effects of global warming? Do you even know? Here:

All I see are industrial countries undertaking mitigation measures and trying with varying levels of sincerity and intensity to reduce their GHG emissions.

And how much are they spending?

How much money has the US actually given to your third world countries to help them with the effects of global warming?

Too much.

Thanks for the link.

Compared with the investment required to avoid dangerous levels of climate change, the $100-billion pledge is minuscule. Trillions of dollars will be needed each year to meet the 2015 Paris agreement goal of restricting global warming to “well below” 2 °C, if not 1.5 °C, above pre-industrial temperatures.

LOL!

All I see are industrial countries undertaking mitigation measures and trying with varying levels of sincerity and intensity to reduce their GHG emissions.

And how much are they spending?

How much money has the US actually given to your third world countries to help them with the effects of global warming?

Too much.

Thanks for the link.

Compared with the investment required to avoid dangerous levels of climate change, the $100-billion pledge is minuscule. Trillions of dollars will be needed each year to meet the 2015 Paris agreement goal of restricting global warming to “well below” 2 °C, if not 1.5 °C, above pre-industrial temperatures.

LOL!
You were complaining of money being given to third world nations. You claimed it was trillions of dollars. I still don't see it.

No, I said green idiots are throwing trillions of tax dollars around the globe and third worlders have their hands out.
Money spent domestically to mitigate emissions is not money being thrown around the globe. Don't try to change the subject.

Grumblenuts said:

Do you believe that the world's climatologists have contrived a vast, dastardly conspiracy by compiling vast amounts of fake data, so diabolical that they have duped all nations, except for your most scientifically astute Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan - or that the experts in their field's combined acumen is inferior to yours regarding climatology?

Can you cite any credible sources that refute the preponderance of climatologists' concurrence and the recognition of that concurrence by all nations (except for Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan)?

A bunch of pissy ideologues yammering that they don't like science is hard to take seriously....

No more than I could have done so, back in hte 70s.

How do I know that the situation is the same, presented with a compelling case that the experts have made of a medium term threat that requires massive centralization of control and massive transfer of wealth and massive sacrifce of standard of living and human rights to prevent, years down the line.

I've learned over the many times you people have done this, not to take your claims seriously, no matter how well you control the herd to bleat out in chorus.

Hey, remember when AIDS was going to be a massive pandemic in the STRAIGHT community the same way it was in the gay population? What happened to that? Turned out to be a lie.

No more than I could have done so, back in hte 70s.

How do I know that the situation is the same, presented with a compelling case that the experts have made of a medium term threat that requires massive centralization of control and massive transfer of wealth and massive sacrifce of standard of living and human rights to prevent, years down the line.

I've learned over the many times you people have done this, not to take your claims seriously, no matter how well you control the herd to bleat out in chorus.

Hey, remember when AIDS was going to be a massive pandemic in the STRAIGHT community the same way it was in the gay population? What happened to that? Turned out to be a lie.
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.21.13 AM.png

The concurrence of the world's climatologists based upon dispassionate analysis of the ever-accruing data, and the acceptance of the reality that data exposes, is eliciting support for responsible government action at national, regional, municipal, and local levels.

Ideologue opposed to the science rave, but sensible folks cannot afford to indulge them and their dogma. Their insistence that they can poop into the heavens with impunity is discredited by the facts.

Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan refusing to ratify the Paris Accord that recognizes the climatological reality is not about to trigger a reactionary assault on science.

Even the most adamantine denialists cannot afford the consequences, and must not be allowed to impose them on others.

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 8.28.03 AM.png

The concurrence of the world's climatologists based upon dispassionate analysis of the ever-accruing data, and the acceptance of the reality that data exposes, is eliciting support for responsible government action at national, regional, municipal, and local levels.

Ideologue opposed to the science rave, but sensible folks cannot afford to indulge them and their dogma. Their insistence that they can poop into the heavens with impunity is discredited by the facts.

Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan refusing to ratify the Paris Accord that recognizes the climatological reality is not about to trigger a reactionary assault on science.

Even the most adamantine denialists cannot afford the consequences, and must not be allowed to impose them on others.

Cool. So, you ask me if I could have refuted teh claims of ICE AGE in the 70s, and when I said no, you post a graph that was clearly made decades later than that.

Did I, as a regular guy on the street, with no internet at the time, because it did not exist, without that graph at the time, because it did not exist, how did I know not to believe the ice age and population bomb people and support turning the world into a totalitarian hell hole for no real reason, since their fears proved to be groundless?

I think the lesson to be learned, is, anytime someone, anyone, tries to tell you that you need to turn the world into a totalitarian hellhole, that the answer is no.

It will be sad if THIS TIME, we really do need to turn the world into a totalitarian hellhole, because it is the only way to survive, becasue I am not open to any such arguments. Just not.

You will have to use force to get me to give up my rights and/or standard of living and the rights and prosperity of my descendents.

If that chart is to be believed, then we're now at approximately a degree and a half warmer now than we were a century a half ago, with that slight warming trend going back quite a bit further than any for the modern causes for which you want to blame that trend.

On a shorter scale, in any one place, the temperature varies much more than that in the course of a day. That's the way it has always been, long before mankind even existed.

The sky is not falling.

Is Bruce Jenner a man or is he a woman?

If you cannot say, without reservation, that he's a man, then you have no credibility whatsoever in presuming to say anything about science.

New Topics

Forum List

Back