Are the anti-science zealots accepting anthropogenic climate change yet?

EVERYONE must make sacrifices

Especially those who profit off of BIG OIL

Except for the ruling elite, right. They still get their mega yachts, their multiple homes, their gas powered vehicles, their private jets, because they are somehow better than us peons....right?

the only reason why the 1935 storm did less damage is because THERE WAS NOTHING THERE!
"the only reason"? Final answer?.. 'Cause earlier you said it was "the power"..
If a hurricane with the power of the 1935 Labor Day, or Camille were to hit today, you would see unequalled destruction.
I have family who survived Camille. They were definitely "THERE!" Both Puerto Rico and Florida just experienced your "unequalled destruction."

"the only reason"? Final answer?.. 'Cause earlier you said it was "the power"..

I have family who survived Camille. They were definitely "THERE!" Both Puerto Rico and Florida just experienced your "unequalled destruction."

We know the 1935 storm is the most powerful recorded on the east coast. Followed by Camille. These are facts.

Ian caused more monetary damage because there was more there.

Back in 1862 there was a storm so powerful it turned the entire Central Valley of California into a lake.

Yet again, historical fact gets in the way of climate change bullshit.

6vcgkj.jpg

The resolution of the ideologues vs the climatologists squabble over who had a better grasp of climate was always silly.

"I don’t know about you guys, but I think climate change is...

'BULLSHIT!’

...‘By the way, it is!"

[Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to Republican luncheon that climate change is ‘bullsh—’]

Knowledge respects reality. Ignorance must have reality forced upon it. When ignorance is sustained by ideological dogma, it's a bitch to overcome, particularly in especially resistant cases.

The predictions are being validated. The theoretical is becoming blatant. The forecasts are being realized. Denial is becoming an increasingly costly ideological self-indulgence - agricultural failures, wildfires, flooding, soaring energy costs, droughts, mass starvation, relentless human migrations, etc., etc., etc.

By midcentury, if greenhouse gas emissions are not significantly curtailed, the coldest and warmest daily temperatures are expected to increase by at least 5 degrees F in most areas by mid-century rising to 10 degrees F by late century. The National Climate Assessment estimates 20-30 more days over 90 degrees F in most areas by mid-century. A recent study projects that the annual number of days with a heat index above 100 degrees F will double, and days with a heat index above 105 degrees F will triple, nationwide, when compared to the end of the 20th century.
Extreme heat can increase the risk of other types of disasters. Heat can exacerbate drought, and hot dry conditions can in turn create wildfire conditions. In cities, buildings roads and infrastructure can be heated to 50 to 90 degrees hotter than the air while natural surfaces remain closer to air temperatures. The heat island effect is most intense during the day, but the slow release of heat from the infrastructure overnight (or an atmospheric heat island) can keep cities much hotter than surrounding areas. Rising temperatures across the country poses a threat to people, ecosystems and the economy...
An early summer heatwave across the western United States broke all-time records in multiple states, with temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for days on end in some places. This event marked yet another climate extreme for residents of a region already suffering through a devastating drought and with memories of last year’s horrific wildfire season likely still fresh on people’s minds.
Truth not only endures. It has an irresistible way of imposing itself upon even the most willfully obtuse:

Expect Americans to demand their elected representatives confront reality.

Some may be a bit slow, but eventually, everybody will get it, one way or another.

View attachment 511009
"If there is one thing that really burns my ass, it's
CLIMATE CHANGE!"

Let me see if I get the logic of this. Because LA has some hot weather that is proof of global warming. None of the clowns know what hot is and neither do I because it's been at least 8 years since I have seen a day reaching anywhere near 126 degrees. When I do I remember them working construction. I have seen people fall over dead from the heat so suck it up and try coming back to reality. Before Joe takes you out behind the gym and slobbers your member.

Let me see if I get the logic of this. Because LA has some hot weather that is proof of global warming. None of the clowns know what hot is and neither do I because it's been at least 8 years since I have seen a day reaching anywhere near 126 degrees. When I do I remember them working construction. I have seen people fall over dead from the heat so suck it up and try coming back to reality. Before Joe takes you out behind the gym and slobbers your member.
Do you conjure up a vast, nefarious global conspiracy by all the world's climatological authorities, academies, and organizations along with all the world's nations (excluding Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan) that respect their scientific findings, or do you simply fancy that you know more about climatology than all of them?

We know the 1935 storm is the most powerful recorded on the east coast. Followed by Camille. These are facts.

Ian caused more monetary damage because there was more there.

Back in 1862 there was a storm so powerful it turned the entire Central Valley of California into a lake.

Yet again, historical fact gets in the way of climate change bullshit.
I think I'll go with the global consensus of nations (excluding Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan) informed by the world's climatologists backed up by the enormous amount of data they have accrued and analyzed, over an ideologue with his dogma and his anecdotes.

Final answer? Sure you've considered every possible distraction?

And that's just "east coast" or "Atlantic" related. Then there's the Gulf, Camille. There's also that Left Coast flooding you just poured in. How about worldwide volcanic activity? Farting butterflies? Hell, the list of possibilities is virtually endless when all you're really doing is trolling!

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 1.24.11 PM.png

"The rectum has its reasons that reason knows not of."

I think I'll go with the global consensus of nations (excluding Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan) informed by the world's climatologists backed up by the enormous amount of data they have accrued and analyzed, over an ideologue with his dogma and his anecdotes.

So you adopt the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority" that ALL religious nutters resort to.

In other words, you are an anti science denier.

So you adopt the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority"
Do you believe that the world's climatologists have contrived a vast, dastardly conspiracy by compiling vast amounts of fake data, so diabolical that they have duped all nations, except for the most astute - Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan - or that the experts in their field's combined acumen is inferior to yours regarding climatology?

Do you believe that the world's climatologists have contrived a vast, dastardly conspiracy by compiling vast amounts of fake data, so diabolical that they have duped all nations, except for the most astute - Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Eritrea, Yemen, and South Sudan - or that the experts in their field's combined acumen is inferior to yours regarding climatology?

No, just 74 or so of them. Aided by politicians and bureaucrats who never say no to more power.

DURRRRRR

Forum List

Back