Are tesla hiring or laying off ?

“Today is a really big day for Bristol Bay — for us to get back on track in this process, and for the Biden administration to be committed to finishing the job to stop Pebble Mine once and for all is very exciting,” she said. “But we’re not there yet. We definitely need to get through the rest of this process."

I personally stand to benefit from killing the mining, as it would increase the gold supply, and I know hydrogen development will end up killing off the market for crappy little EV's in a decade, but that never stops me from LMFAO at the congenital dumbassery and cognitive dissonance of left wing doper tards.

Last edited:
Then what "fact" explains the biggest EV maker needing to lay off 10,000 people? Charts of past performance are no indication of the future, especially when Biden's electric grid is already shorting out unable to supply power to run people's AC over the summer. Do you have any charts of USA's whirlwind economic growth from 2019 that indicates what happened in 2020 was right around the corner? Didn't think so.
I have increased sales in almost every quarter.

You have conjecture.

Evidence vs. because you said so....

Its very confusing for the investing community. What is going on here ?

For folks like Tommy who don't understand how businesses work, companies often lay off underperforming staff (this is where you would be if you had a job, Tommy).

At the same time, it's likely Tesla is hiring many people to staff up the massive facilities they are currently building in Texas (where the company relocated after the California economy collapsed), hence the overall rise in headcount.

I have increased sales in almost every quarter. You have conjecture.

Look, I spent much of my life studying electricity, lightning, power generation, transformer design, motors, and load management as my line of work. You sell cars. It isn't conjecture that whole states are already running into power blackouts just dealing with ordinary and predictable weather events, that it can take 40 years just to replace a mid-tension step-down xformer, and that the wiring that feeds power to homes and industry--- enough in this country to wrap around the Earth seven times, is already aging and crumbling, and we haven't the will to even build the nuclear reactors we need to sustain adding the load of every vehicle in the country being DC battery driven powered off the grid from AC down-conversion, and we are too broke to even think about it, so at some point in a few years, the inevitability of that FACT will make itself clear to the sadly misled buying consumer despite Biden's government's will to hope otherwise.

Look, I spent much of my life studying electricity, lightning, power generation, transformer design, motors, and load management as my line of work. You sell cars. It isn't conjecture that whole states are already running into power blackouts just dealing with ordinary and predictable weather events, that it can take 40 years just to replace a mid-tension step-down xformer, and that the wiring that feeds power to homes and industry--- enough in this country to wrap around the Earth seven times, is already aging and crumbling, and we haven't the will to even build the nuclear reactors we need to sustain adding the load of every vehicle in the country being DC battery driven powered off the grid from AC down-conversion, and we are too broke to even think about it, so at some point in a few years, the inevitability of that FACT will make itself clear to the sadly misled buying consumer despite Biden's government's will to hope otherwise.
And more conjecture.

No actual facts there. I do not sell cars either. What I have done is shown that Tesla is on the way UP. YOU might demand that you know they are on the way down right this moment but that is nothing but a pipe dream no matter what you may think about the electric car.

The charge was simple: Tesla's statements about cutting salaried positions but increasing headcount were claimed to be because "the floor is falling out from under the EV industry!"

That is a nice theory but you have backed it up with nothing but pontification on what YOU think the state of the energy grid is in and false statements such as they are going to lay off 10000 people. This is not true as that number represents a 10 percent margin of their TOTAL employee count yet ONLY salaried positions are being cut and non-salaried positions are being INCREASED.

So your position is on shaky ground to begin with considering it is starting from hyperbole and ignoring the statement that they are increasing overall staff.

The facts are simple: Tesla is cutting some of their higher paid employees, increasing some of their lower paid employees, sales of their product have done nothing but increase over the long and short terms and finally the announcement itself led to a stock price drop.

The charge that he was manipulating the stock makes way more sense than your assertion that the floor is falling out from under the EV industry and even that is a mental stretch. The likely real answer here is simple, they want to cut costs and see the salaried positions would be better served as floor positions for those actually making the product. This is not rocket science and everything that happens is not an automatic confirmation of previously held positions. Sorry but this particular event does not support your assertions.

No actual facts there.
Really? Point to one thing I said not a fact.

I do not sell cars either.
You implied otherwise. And the word is "neither."

That is a nice theory but you have backed it up with nothing but pontification on what YOU think the state of the energy grid is
Find an expert opinion that differs from mine on the state of the grid. Even Joe Biden agrees.

So your position is on shaky ground
The electric grid's future and its ability to power a nation of cars is shaky ground.

Tesla will go pop in the future once the EV novelty wears off. Governments will try to keep the EV dream alive with legalisation because it would have failed by now.
The crunch will come when energy demand exceeds productive capacity and/or battery materials and disposal become too expensive. By that time we will have spent $trillions on outmoded EV infrastructure.

Is that the extent of your vocabulary?
Here's one for your "vocabulary". Lemming. Which is what you are. You had your panties damp when you thought Elon Musk was going to buy Twitter and allow your savior back on it. "FREE SPEECH!!!". LOL.

Now, you see what the rest of the world already knew. Whether it's Tesla or Twitter. Elon Musk is in it for the money. At the end of the day, he cares not about values or free speech, but only profit.

But you go right ahead and follow him over that cliff. :auiqs.jpg:

Both. Again, I laugh in endless amusement at the members of Alt-Right Nation who think this fucking idiot is some sort of savior..or soothsayer.
If you or I said and did the things he has done, we'd have a visit from the IRS, SEC, and DOJ....in short order. :)
But...money changes EVERYTHING.
You discredit yourself when you refer to a generational genius like Elon Musk as a fucking idiot. You no doubt adored him until you found out he rejected the New Woke Order. Now you exclaim that he is a fucking idiot. :21:

You discredit yourself when you refer to a generational genius like Elon Musk as a fucking idiot. You no doubt adored him until you found out he rejected the New Woke Order. Now you exclaim that he is a fucking idiot. :21:
No I didn't. To me he's always been a fraud. He's a fucking limousine riding hack who gets away with stock manipulation violations that you and I would never get away with. But the wealthy are always above the law aren't they.
But hey, he's your free speech savior! :auiqs.jpg: And you flock to him like baby birds waiting for momma's regurgitated leftovers. Because he said he would return your orange tinted God back to Twitter after he bought it.
How's that workin out for ya?

They are lazy and they suck. Fire 'em ALL.
Well that is a nonsense and you know it. My son sorked from home for the best part of a year. He had targets and deadlines which he had to meet. His bosses could also check his productivity because of a programme on his PC.
You spout shit because you have never had a job in the modren world and you are ignorant..

Musk is bored with EV's now. He would rather all of his resources go into Space X and battery operated "long haul" vehicles, such as semi's, trains, and planes.

But, as of current positions, he's "cleaning house", which is probably the main reason he wanted everybody back in the office.........to see who is actually still working for the company and has the company's best interests in mind.

This is only making headlines because he's Musk. This is something large companies and corporations do every year........re-evaluate their company and cut jobs. Usually it's from the ground up, but in Musk's case, it seems he's doing it correctly.........from management on down.

Well that is a nonsense and you know it. My son sorked from home for the best part of a year. He had targets and deadlines which he had to meet. His bosses could also check his productivity because of a programme on his PC.
You spout shit because you have never had a job in the modren world and you are ignorant..
If the BOSS says to work at the office ,you DO it or get FIRED.

Forum List

Back