Are some shooting stars green?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Because, if so, I saw the coolest looking shooting star ever tonight.

If not, well.... :tinfoil:

CSM said:
They can look green (or so I am told).

I googled a bit and apparently there are meteorites that appear to be green because they contain olivite. They also have some special meaning to UFO buffs and apocolypse watchers.:tinfoil:

dilloduck said:
I googled a bit and apparently there are meteorites that appear to be green because they contain olivite. They also have some special meaning to UFO buffs and apocolypse watchers.:tinfoil:

I IM'ed a friend of mine with this question, he's a local expert ....

Karl Marx says:
why would a shooting star appear to be green?
Expert says:
They sure do. I suppose it comes from emission lines of either nickel, iron, or olivine while in a plasma. Just a guess.

Don’t wanna mess with the green subject, but I saw one (just one) that was orange and yellow in Oct. 1998. One heck of a show that lasted about 4 seconds.

EDIT: could have been space junk.

I've seen 2 before, and they were both yellowish. But, I guess I could buy that they'd be green, too, or that it was a meteorite.

Dan said:
I've seen 2 before, and they were both yellowish. But, I guess I could buy that they'd be green, too, or that it was a meteorite.
Only two? Son, you need to get out more. Yea know if you can find a dark place outside you can see satellites as they orbit, it’s true I promise.:)

I used to really like just staring at the stars. Unfortunately, the apartment that I live in now....

1) has no front or back porch

2) has very, very little around it outside of parking lot

3) is somehow still infested with roaches, snakes, and huge spiders

.... so I'm not too into sitting in the parking lot and dealing with bugs to watch for shooting stars.

But, yeah, I should get out more. You are correct, sir.

Dan said:
Because, if so, I saw the coolest looking shooting star ever tonight.

If not, well.... :tinfoil:

Dude, put the bong down, and I promise the funny images will slowly fade away in time. :)

Dude, put the bong down, and I promise the funny images will slowly fade away in time.

I also forgot to mention this star was actually shooting across the ceiling. And there was some crazy stuff going on with the Domino's box, too, man!:bong420:

Forum List

Back