Are shia's going to defend a sunni town

American people do not understand the mindset of people in the Middle East.

And that is why the US's attempt at nation building there is a complete disaster.

Nationalism is a western invention and a foreign concept to the Iraqi people.

Their loyalties are to their religious sect, their tribe, and immediate family.

Not to some western foreign entity that's backing a puppet government which could be overthrown tomorrow.

So expecting Sunni's to fight and die for Shia's ..... or Shia's to fight and die for Sunni's .....just ain't gonna happen. ...... :cool:

American people do not understand the mindset of people in the Middle East.

And that is why the US's attempt at nation building there is a complete disaster.

Nationalism is a western invention and a foreign concept to the Iraqi people.

Their loyalties are to their religious sect, their tribe, and immediate family.

Not to some western foreign entity that's backing a puppet government which could be overthrown tomorrow.

So expecting Sunni's to fight and die for Shia's ..... or Shia's to fight and die for Sunni's .....just ain't gonna happen. ...... :cool:

I knew that------I learned all about it almost 50 years ago when I encountered lots of people from south east asia and some from Iran.-----and a few from arab countries and even a couple from Afghanistan. It did take me a few years to work it out, however. I was so silly----I thought any muslim would be happy to know that ANOTHER muslim was due to show up------it took me some time to learn that it had to be the RIGHT KIND of muslim. I don't know why you cite the MID-EAST mindset, sunni habibi. Not ALL the people either in
south east asia or in the Mideast are MUSLIMS. In south east asia there are hindus. ------in the Mideast there are jews. I never noticed any problem when an Iraqi jew encountered an Iranian jew. whereas put an
Iranian muslim in the same room with a Pakistani or an "arab" ----and sparks fly. Hindus from here and there seemed to get along even if the only common language was English. Sikhs did not have a problem with hindus despite some of the stuff that does go on in India but they did not seem to want to interact with pakistanis

Forum List

Back