Are Old People Killing the GOP?

wow, this thread is amazing. I guess this is what it is to be a Progressive, talking about your old people in Society as if they are just a bag of skin.

This is PROGRESS folks.

Emote much? People die, and when they, as a demographic, have harmful ideas, or solutions based on the past that don't apply to the present, their ideas should naturally die with them. When they INSIST on making themselves a hindrance to the future because of their obsession with arguments well past, it is only natural that the ones who will live with the policy set forward in the present would wish they would go shopping...or fishing...or to bingo, and leave governing to those who will live with the consequences. There is no reason outdated and harmful ideas should live on past their owners. It is hubris of the first water that make (some of, and the most powerful some of) the elderly want to live forever through policy imposed on the young.

well then, you should off you aging parents and grandparents, their ideas and sacrifices for the country you have today don't seem to be of any import to you anyway.

Last edited:
Its a shrinking party and will continue to shrink until it comes up with NEW ideas that have not already failed and caused massive debt, wars for profit and twice crashed the world economy.

New Ideas guys.

That is the ONLY way your party will survive.

Old failed ideas will not carry you into the future.

The Shrinking GOP... you know.. the party that has shrunk so much it can only win elections in Massachusetts, New Jersey ... two big time Democratic states.

Hush....they may be off their meds today....or they may be on them.

Fact is they haven't a clue.

Since 2004 the formerly "Grand" now just "Old Party" has managed to lose

Senate: 55 GOP seats down to 41 seats....LOSS of 24 seats
House: 232 GOP Seats down to 175 GOP seats.....LOSS of 57 seats
Governors: 28 States down to 21 States..........LOSS of 7 states

Since the 2008 election, the GOP has won one Senate seat and lost one Senate seat
The GOP has lost one house seat
The GOp has gained two governors seats

FAR from a mandate.

And here we are told the Progressive-Democrat party was for ALL people.

just don't get OLD I guess.

talk about PARTY over country and people.

Oldsters are easier to fool and scare.

Nah... that would be the youth sheep we have buying in to the 'if it feels good it is ok', 'all war is bad', 'we are owed for our personal needs', and 'the evil rich' mantras... as shown thru the past couple generations, they are quite easily fooled and fall for slogans

wow, this thread is amazing. I guess this is what it is to be a Progressive, talking about your old people in Society as if they are just a bag of skin.

This is PROGRESS folks.

Emote much? People die, and when they, as a demographic, have harmful ideas, or solutions based on the past that don't apply to the present, their ideas should naturally die with them. When they INSIST on making themselves a hindrance to the future because of their obsession with arguments well past, it is only natural that the ones who will live with the policy set forward in the present would wish they would go shopping...or fishing...or to bingo, and leave governing to those who will live with the consequences. There is no reason outdated and harmful ideas should live on past their owners. It is hubris of the first water that make (some of, and the most powerful some of) the elderly want to live forever through policy imposed on the young.

well then, you should off you aging parents and grandparents, their ideas and sacrifices for the country you have today don't seem to be of any import to you anyway.

I nod, I smile, I take what is useful and leave the rest. I don't have to "off" anyone. Bad ideas and outdated and inappropriate solutions die natural deaths. That was pretty much the premise of my first post to this thread. YOU decided to make it about fratri / matricide. The fact is, the loony toon faction of the GOP (the base) is dying, and the GOP will follow suit because of dwindling numbers.

Yep, old people - who the hell do they think they are?!!!!! They should all shut the fuck up and die!!!!

The state of politics today proves just one thing. Scum rises to the top.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

they will, now that obamacare is the law of the land.

I nod, I smile, I take what is useful and leave the rest. I don't have to "off" anyone. Bad ideas and outdated and inappropriate solutions die natural deaths. That was pretty much the premise of my first post to this thread. YOU decided to make it about fratri / matricide. The fact is, the loony toon faction of the GOP (the base) is dying, and the GOP will follow suit because of dwindling numbers.

yeah I know, PARTY over county and old people..got it

Nope. My KIDS and their future over your past. Get that.

:eek:
you have kids?

I wonder how those receiving SS and Medicare feel about efforts by the GOP to 'reform' both by handing them off to Wall Street. A good strategy now for the D's would seem to counter the emotional hysteria which is all the R's have with the cold hard facts of what would have happened to their SS checks if the Bush effort to 'reform' social security had passed?
All their 'security' into the hands of Bernie Madoff or the hedge funds boys, that would have been the last nail in the coffin of the once GOP.

Its a shrinking party and will continue to shrink until it comes up with NEW ideas that have not already failed and caused massive debt, wars for profit and twice crashed the world economy.

New Ideas guys.

Parrot. Do you EVER have anything new to say besides your same old baseless rhetoric and lies?

I wonder how those receiving SS and Medicare feel about efforts by the GOP to 'reform' both by handing them off to Wall Street. A good strategy now for the D's would seem to counter the emotional hysteria which is all the R's have with the cold hard facts of what would have happened to their SS checks if the Bush effort to 'reform' social security had passed?
All their 'security' into the hands of Bernie Madoff or the hedge funds boys, that would have been the last nail in the coffin of the once GOP.

Oh yeah, because the Democrats didn't have a hand in Bankrupting SS.

but remember folks, it's the Democrat-Progressive party who CARES MORE.:lol:

New Ideas guys.

Repeating inaccurate rhetoric does not make you truthful. It makes you a shill.

whose money ya gonna steal after you spend all the old folks money and then leave your kids and grandkids with a mountain of debt?? that's some future you got planned for em innit??

New Ideas guys.

Repeating inaccurate rhetoric does not make you truthful. It makes you a shill.

shillmoron or moronshill? which sounds better? :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back