Are media companies liable to another country citizens for their propaganda?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I'm wondering this because of a video that Russian operatives gave to 'Republic World' youtube channel that they are using to push Russian lies. One of our local Russian operatives posted the video they used and it was taken out here but I watched it several times to make sure in my own mind what was being shown before USMB modes removed it. The Russian troll claimed that Ukrainians were shooting Russians as they were surrendering and that is not at all what the video showed. It showed smiley Russians with their hands up walking towards their captures and off to the side it had about four dead that had been obviously hit with artillery rounds and after the surrendering soldiers were out of view the videographer closed in on the dead bodies. One looked to have its head severed and its body was still jerking. At that point one of the Ukranians shot into that jerking headless body.

Not sure how many of you have ever been around chickens as their heads are taken off but if you have you'd know those headless bodies can move for some time after losing their heads. I've even saw one running a short distance and it is somewhat spooky. That is why we like processed store bought chickens verses butchering our own.

Here is the Republic world video where their reporting is totally propaganda and if one reads the comments you can see a lot of hate for Ukrainians since they believe that highly edited video and the propaganda pushed going along with it. This same India News outlet pushes a lot of hate towards Americans too and I find them disgusting when they do that abd no longer follow anything they put out but this happened across my feed so I clicked on it before realizing who it was.

They mixed that video up and are claiming that Ukrainians shot those who surrendered and claim those dead bodies are shot by guns and fail to report it was artillery fire that killed them prior to the others who didn't get hit surrendering. From here on out I am going to make it a point of mine to report this faked out crap promoting hate to youtube. I can do that just as well as those liars and the whiners who do not want to hear other opinions. Beside this isn't even an opinion in this video they put out it is an outright lie.

Food for thought. Mainstream media pushes Chinese propaganda. China owns most of the American media. Um. Their lies roll on, January 6th, Eric Sandman, George Floyd bullshit. The legacy/mainstream media is just a bunch of pathological liars.

If I had a dollar for every lie, for all the disinformation our wonderful media has spouted I would be a millionaire. I hate the media NOW. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But not these guys, they mange to get everything wrong 100% of the time. Can we sue them for it? I wish. Trump is suing Twitter. This should be interesting.

Last edited:
If I had a dollar for every lie, for all the disinformation our wonderful media has spouted I would be a millionaire. I hate the media NOW. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But not these guys, they mange to get everything wrong 100% of the time. can we sue them for it? I wish. Trump is suing Twitter. This should be interesting.
They passed that damn propaganda approval crap for media outlets during Obummer's years. Not sure they apply between other countries though.

I'm wondering this because of a video that Russian operatives gave to 'Republic World' youtube channel that they are using to push Russian lies. One of our local Russian operatives posted the video they used and it was taken out here but I watched it several times to make sure in my own mind what was being shown before USMB modes removed it. The Russian troll claimed that Ukrainians were shooting Russians as they were surrendering and that is not at all what the video showed. It showed smiley Russians with their hands up walking towards their captures and off to the side it had about four dead that had been obviously hit with artillery rounds and after the surrendering soldiers were out of view the videographer closed in on the dead bodies. One looked to have its head severed and its body was still jerking. At that point one of the Ukranians shot into that jerking headless body.

Not sure how many of you have ever been around chickens as their heads are taken off but if you have you'd know those headless bodies can move for some time after losing their heads. I've even saw one running a short distance and it is somewhat spooky. That is why we like processed store bought chickens verses butchering our own.

Here is the Republic world video where their reporting is totally propaganda and if one reads the comments you can see a lot of hate for Ukrainians since they believe that highly edited video and the propaganda pushed going along with it. This same India News outlet pushes a lot of hate towards Americans too and I find them disgusting when they do that abd no longer follow anything they put out but this happened across my feed so I clicked on it before realizing who it was.

They mixed that video up and are claiming that Ukrainians shot those who surrendered and claim those dead bodies are shot by guns and fail to report it was artillery fire that killed them prior to the others who didn't get hit surrendering. From here on out I am going to make it a point of mine to report this faked out crap promoting hate to youtube. I can do that just as well as those liars and the whiners who do not want to hear other opinions. Beside this isn't even an opinion in this video they put out it is an outright lie.

I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot, that video is obviously being misrepresented and everyone with a pulse can see it.

Forum List

Back