Are Democrats the enemy of the people?

3) Use Jury Nullification Rights against them.
You might be miseducated. Some people think a jury has the authority to return a "Not Guilty" verdict. Not so. Under "Jury Nullification" your right to trial by jury is nullified, and the judge can deem you convicted and sentence you to the maximum statutory punishment even if a majority of the jury votes not guilty.

You might be miseducated. Some people think a jury has the authority to return a "Not Guilty" verdict. Not so. Under "Jury Nullification" your right to trial by jury is nullified, and the judge can deem you convicted and sentence you to the maximum statutory punishment even if a majority of the jury votes not guilty.
I used clumsy language.

In many/most cases both sides make very valid/plausible arguments. Being an activist juror can be a chance of a lifetime.

I used clumsy language.

In many/most cases both sides make very valid/plausible arguments. Being an activist juror can be a chance of a lifetime.
That's the problem. It doesn't matter if you're "activist" or not if you're sitting on the jury. You sit there and deliberate with 11 or 22 other jurors on a petit or grand jury as the case may be. But if the judge doesn't like the verdict, he can just nullify it and declare the defendant guilty, or subject to prosecution on a "true bill" despite any jury verdict of "not guilty" or "no true bill."

This is not, of course, Constitutional or in line with any documented established legal precedent, but in a small town county or federal courthouse, anything goes — The "people," (represented by the district attorney, don't forget,) cry, "Crucify! Crucify!" and it's a guilty verdict and a life sentence no matter what, if not a literal crucifixion.

That's the problem. It doesn't matter if you're "activist" or not if you're sitting on the jury. You sit there and deliberate with 11 or 22 other jurors on a petit or grand jury as the case may be. But if the judge doesn't like the verdict, he can just nullify it and declare the defendant guilty, or subject to prosecution on a "true bill" despite any jury verdict of "not guilty" or "no true bill."

This is not, of course, Constitutional or in line with any documented established legal precedent, but in a small town county or federal courthouse, anything goes — The "people," (represented by the district attorney, don't forget,) cry, "Crucify! Crucify!" and it's a guilty verdict and a life sentence no matter what, if not a literal crucifixion.
I agree. But in most cases the defendant is neither clearly guilty nor clearly innocent. In these cases, an activist juror can make a difference.

I used to be a liberal Democrat. I voted for Jimmie Carter. Now? The democrats left me, us! They are the party of madness, of stupidity and demagogues and panderers. Its time the Democrats where overhauled and reexamined they have just pushed this crap too far.

Yes. It is how big a threat that is the actual question.......as China grows in power and the democrats are their willing partners....

I am ashamed of myself for being a Democrat. But I think they are redeemable. I almost want the FBI to arrest or have neophyte democrats put under 24-7 psychiatric observation. They obviously are out of touch with realty like some sort of cult. Biden is their leader, like Jim Jones. They want us to drink their purple Kool-Aid of "Wokeness".

The FBI is now the stasi/SS of the democrat party.....

Yes. It is how big a threat that is the actual question.......as China grows in power and the democrats are their willing partners....
Not all "China" is so unifed. There's a Communist Party of course, and yes they are willing partners to U.S. democrats, but China is very diverse and there are people who are not so politically partisan and would just as soon work with Republicans to do away with the Communist Party culture.

Forum List

Back