Are Democrats finally staring to get it? It seems so in my city. Councilman promotes CCW's

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - A call to action has triggered a movement among women in Cleveland, aiming to protect themselves. It’s called “Secure Our Women” and a Cleveland Councilman is hoping to have 1,000 women laser focused on getting their concealed carry permits.

Single mothers, career women and some who have a man at home are tired of the statistics – that have more women and children being caught in the crossfire of violence on the streets.

19 News met up with Kim Scott during target practice at the Parma Armory. She already has her concealed carry permit and for good reason. “I got my CCW because I was actually robbed one time and I’m a business owner. Women and babies used to be protected from crime.”

But times have changed and now hundreds of women in the Cleveland area have decided to turn the tables on gun violence -- and it’s triggered the “Secure Our Women” movement.

Cleveland Councilman Basheer Jones put out the call to action and says about 800 women have responded to get their concealed carry permit, and legally arm themselves with a gun to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Liberals are a little slow, but if they eventually catch on, that's fine too. Police are usually only helpful after a crime is committed. Until that time, you need to protect yourself. It's refreshing that at least some Democrats are finally coming to the realization of this. Hopefully more will jump on this bandwagon too. Mind you this comes at a time where the Democrat nominee promises to close down gun shops, put gun manufacturers out of business, require a federal license to purchase a firearm until that time, and stop all gun, ammunition, and firearm parts sales over the internet.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - A call to action has triggered a movement among women in Cleveland, aiming to protect themselves. It’s called “Secure Our Women” and a Cleveland Councilman is hoping to have 1,000 women laser focused on getting their concealed carry permits.

Single mothers, career women and some who have a man at home are tired of the statistics – that have more women and children being caught in the crossfire of violence on the streets.

19 News met up with Kim Scott during target practice at the Parma Armory. She already has her concealed carry permit and for good reason. “I got my CCW because I was actually robbed one time and I’m a business owner. Women and babies used to be protected from crime.”

But times have changed and now hundreds of women in the Cleveland area have decided to turn the tables on gun violence -- and it’s triggered the “Secure Our Women” movement.

Cleveland Councilman Basheer Jones put out the call to action and says about 800 women have responded to get their concealed carry permit, and legally arm themselves with a gun to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Liberals are a little slow, but if they eventually catch on, that's fine too. Police are usually only helpful after a crime is committed. Until that time, you need to protect yourself. It's refreshing that at least some Democrats are finally coming to the realization of this. Hopefully more will jump on this bandwagon too. Mind you this comes at a time where the Democrat nominee promises to close down gun shops, put gun manufacturers out of business, require a federal license to purchase a firearm until that time, and stop all gun, ammunition, and firearm parts sales over the internet.

No, one or two Democrat individuals might be getting it. There has always been a select few pro-American, freedom loving Democrats.

But as a party, are Democrats starting to get it? Not even close.

No, one or two Democrat individuals might be getting it. There has always been a select few pro-American, freedom loving Democrats.

But as a party, are Democrats starting to get it? Not even close.

I couldn't agree more, but it's a good start. You know how Democrats usually are. They walk the party line whether they personally agree with it or not. The crime is getting so bad here that this Councilman sees no other choice.

Amen sistas. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Shall set you free.

Forum List

Back