Are Christians 'Under the Law?'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Yes they are.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- John 14, NIV

29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.
- Romans 3 NIV

All Christians are under the Old Covenant "veil" that keeps them blinded from the hidden knowledge of God that only us saints possess. Christians cannot obey God's commandments because they don't know who our Creator is like us saints and prophets do.

Yes they are.

- John 14, NIV

29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.
- Romans 3 NIV

We can observe the law.
Jews and non christians are under the law.
I don't believe Christians are under the law.
God gave us a new law which is love.

I have seen people debate some of these things back and forth.

Yes they are.

- John 14, NIV

- Romans 3 NIV

Galatians 5:4 and

Galatians 5:18 for you.

Yes they are.

- John 14, NIV

- Romans 3 NIV

Though not a member of this faith, I've never seen such an eloquent explanation to Paul's teachings.

Are we still under the law? > Sabbath Truth

All about Paul and what he meant.

Yes they are.

- John 14, NIV

- Romans 3 NIV

Though not a member of this faith, I've never seen such an eloquent explanation to Paul's teachings.

Sabbatarianism

”The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath” (Mark 2:27).

The point which Jesus made is that the Sabbath was not instituted to enslave people, but to benefit them.

according to Colossians 2:17, the Sabbath was “a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.”

The Sabbath observance was associated with redemption in Deuteronomy 5:15
The spirit of Sabbath observance is continued in the NT observance of rest and worship on the first day of the week.

New Testament believers are not under the OT Law (Rom. 6:14; Gal. 3:24-25).

the early church was given the pattern of Sunday worship by His resurrection on the first day of the week (Matt. 28:1)

His continued appearances on succeeding Sundays (John 20:26), and the descent of the Holy Spirit on Sunday (Acts 2:1)

the early church was given the pattern of Sunday worship. This they did regularly (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 16:2).

Sunday worship was further hallowed by our Lord who appeared to John in that last great vision on “the Lord’s Day” (Rev. 1:10).

It is for these reasons that Christians worship on Sunday, rather than on the Jewish Sabbath.

"Let no man therefore judge you, in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:"-Colossians 2:16

"..no man is justified by the LAW in the sight of God.."-Galatians 3:11

"..the law was our schoolmaster.." (Gal 3:24) and "..we are no longer under a schoolmaster.." Gal 3:25

God blotted out the ordinances and nailed it to Jesus' cross (Colossians 2:14) see Heb. 7:12

These are basically quotations on the Sabbath that I copied from Dr. Norman Geisler and put them into chatroom format a long time ago.

Yes they are.

- John 14, NIV

- Romans 3 NIV

You went from asking to telling us. Isn't that disingenuous?

Sabbatarianism

”The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath” (Mark 2:27).

The point which Jesus made is that the Sabbath was not instituted to enslave people, but to benefit them.

according to Colossians 2:17, the Sabbath was “a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.”

The Sabbath observance was associated with redemption in Deuteronomy 5:15
The spirit of Sabbath observance is continued in the NT observance of rest and worship on the first day of the week.

New Testament believers are not under the OT Law (Rom. 6:14; Gal. 3:24-25).

the early church was given the pattern of Sunday worship by His resurrection on the first day of the week (Matt. 28:1)

His continued appearances on succeeding Sundays (John 20:26), and the descent of the Holy Spirit on Sunday (Acts 2:1)

the early church was given the pattern of Sunday worship. This they did regularly (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 16:2).

Sunday worship was further hallowed by our Lord who appeared to John in that last great vision on “the Lord’s Day” (Rev. 1:10).

It is for these reasons that Christians worship on Sunday, rather than on the Jewish Sabbath.

"Let no man therefore judge you, in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:"-Colossians 2:16

"..no man is justified by the LAW in the sight of God.."-Galatians 3:11

"..the law was our schoolmaster.." (Gal 3:24) and "..we are no longer under a schoolmaster.." Gal 3:25

God blotted out the ordinances and nailed it to Jesus' cross (Colossians 2:14) see Heb. 7:12

These are basically quotations on the Sabbath that I copied from Dr. Norman Geisler and put them into chatroom format a long time ago.

There's a reason God didn't give you sinners authorization to use the prophecies to lie with. You're all under the Old Covenant "veil" that keeps you from His hidden knowledge of God ( Christ ).

New Topics

Forum List

Back