Are Catholics Christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
I'm curious for everyone's input on this issue. It's one that I used to come across a lot back when I was a Catholic Apologist. Of course, I always defended Catholocism as a Christian denomination and I believe it still is. But how many of you feel differently or the same, etc.?

I'm curious for everyone's input on this issue. It's one that I used to come across a lot back when I was a Catholic Apologist. Of course, I always defended Catholocism as a Christian denomination and I believe it still is. But how many of you feel differently or the same, etc.?

Big can of worms...

bigcanofwormsstillsf4.jpg

and here is the truth in the pudding(a metaphor)..and now ya are saying that because you may or may not have been molested by a priest....all of what you were taught as a Catholic is a fraud...let me set you straight....yes some of those who were ordained in Cathalosism betrayed the teaching as in all religious beliefs....I have cousins who said they were abused and mislead by some pervs within the church....does this mean all were pervs....NO!..Get a grip and move on with your life..it was not you... nor the doctrines of the churches fault...just the pervs who abused their authority....this happens in all denominations...don't accept the guilt but move on and correct the problem!

I was married to an Italian for a while and my ex-mother in law (Roman) referred to Catholics as Christians and Protestants as non-Christian. Maybe you should reverse the question.

It is a can of worms, but I want opinions.

**Deep breath**

As a Catholic, since our beliefs are that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, willingly of the Virgin Mary, through the auspices of God the Father, we are Christians.

Christ was born, lived, suffered, died, and rose again, for the benefit of us all. He is and was and always was, will be God. As are the Father and Holy Spirit/Ghost.

Is or was Mary, god? No. Do we believe the Pope is infallible, always? No. Do we believe icons in Church are to be venerated? No.

But I didn't answer your question.

You know what? It's getting pretty tiring around here with everybody saying what other people are or aren't.

If Catholics think they are Christians, they are.

If Muslims think they believe in God, they do.

If Jews think they believe in God, they do.

I personally think that Christians are polytheists. But I am wrong because THEY think they are monotheists.

I think people should be able to define themselves.

I was married to an Italian for a while and my ex-mother in law (Roman) referred to Catholics as Christians and Protestants as non-Christian. Maybe you should reverse the question.

Being that I am Catholic and my G/Pa was from Sicily...well I can't really say I have ever heard that before...not to dismiss your experience...just related mine!

and here is the truth in the pudding(a metaphor)..and now ya are saying that because you may or may not have been molested by a priest....all of what you were taught as a Catholic is a fraud...let me set you straight....yes some of those who were ordained in Cathalosism betrayed the teaching as in all religious beliefs....I have cousins who said they were abused and mislead by some pervs within the church....does this mean all were pervs....NO!..Get a grip and move on with your life..it was not you... nor the doctrines of the churches fault...just the pervs who abused their authority....this happens in all denominations...don't accept the guilt but move on and correct the problem!
Wow...I'm just at a lost what to say. I can't feel anything other than complete contempt for what you just said. Screw you for trying to act like you know anything about me. No one has ever laid a hand upon me in my childhood. I wasn't even an active Catholic until I was about 14.

So screw you.

**Deep breath**

As a Catholic, since our beliefs are that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, willingly of the Virgin Mary, through the auspices of God the Father, we are Christians.

Christ was born, lived, suffered, died, and rose again, for the benefit of us all. He is and was and always was, will be God. As are the Father and Holy Spirit/Ghost.

Is or was Mary, god? No. Do we believe the Pope is infallible, always? No. Do we believe icons in Church are to be venerated? No.
Exactly :)

And WHAT THE FUCK does 'molestation among priests' have to do with what he asked? Pull your head out of your ass, Walt.

Can you essplain that for me, because "truth in the pudding" doesn't ring any bells. Not sure how you're using it.

Thanks for your patience.

:)

I have no problem with any "Christain" based faith...not how I was raised...I can't answer for you personally..you will have to explain that one...as for Kag... he said he was... in his former life a Catholic apologist...I just gave him my take on what he was saying! Gotta prob with that ask God...I am a messenger not a God...are you God now?

I have no problem with any "Christain" based faith...not how I was raised...I can't answer for you personally..you will have to explain that one...as for Kag... he said he was... in his former life a Catholic apologist...I just gave him my take on what he was saying! Gotta prob with that ask God...I am a messenger not a God...are you God now?

How about priest/minister/rabbis/adults child abusers, gays that 'indulge' their predilications, straits that practice premartial/extramarital sex, liars, thieves, murderers, blasphemers, etc. are sinners?

Wow...I'm just at a lost what to say. I can't feel anything other than complete contempt for what you just said. Screw you for trying to act like you know anything about me. No one has ever laid a hand upon me in my childhood. I wasn't even an active Catholic until I was about 14.

So screw you.

By your language you are attacking my opinion..and Darin will also as he is a different denomination...I never called you a name...or said 'Screw you' but alas the different denominations will undoubtedly will...I rest my case!

I have no problem with any "Christain" based faith...not how I was raised...I can't answer for you personally..you will have to explain that one...

Explain WHAT one? The question was "Are Catholics 'Christians'" - you went on some diatribe about somebody getting molested.

as for Kag... he said he was... in his former life a Catholic apologist...I just gave him my take on what he was saying! Gotta prob with that ask God...I am a messenger not a God...are you God now?

Your take was SO HORRIBLY off topic as to be laughable if it wasn't so inappropriate; especially accusing him of whatever - or making that insinuation. You are not even a messenger - unless you're bringing messages from Cluelessville, NV.

Former life? This life. And waht you said to me was a personal attack in my view. You threw in stupid crap about priest molestation and the such. What I said was justified, arch.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
By your language you are attacking my opinion..and Darin will also as he is a different denomination...I never called you a name...or said 'Screw you' but alas the different denominations will undoubtedly will...I rest my case!

No - he's not attacking your opinion, he's attacking you accusing him of being molested by a priest in a way which had NOTHING to do with the topic he posed. Again Walt, you are way out of line.

Explain WHAT one? The question was "Are Catholics 'Christians'" - you went on some diatribe about somebody getting molested.

Your take was SO HORRIBLY off topic as to be laughable if it wasn't so inappropriate; especially accusing him of whatever - or making that insinuation. You are not even a messenger - unless you're bringing messages from Cluelessville, NV.

I did not attack your denomination...I only responded to 'Kag' saying he was a Catholic apologist...I am not a 'practicing' Catholic anymore than you are a practicing whatever...I believe in God and that is the 'Bottom Line'...have a nice night ...you my friend(used loosley) are the fraud...not me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back