Are all the military ships, planes and tanks going to run on batteries?

Invisibleflash

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2019
Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd home-Rustbelt is home base
And what about the commercial planes, 18 wheelers, bulldozers and graders?

I think I read the dems want to run planes on algae oil. Or better yet they want to cancel airflights. Tesla has electric 18 wheelers. But don't know how practical they are.

If the dems put the cancel culture on fossil fuels what will we pave our roads with? Concrete is not practical for everything. That is why we have asphalt...which is crude oil based.

The dems don't seem to think things through...as in abolish the police.

If the filthy dems pulled the plug on fossil fuels overnight you would have a massive die off. We built our world on fossil fuels, pulling the plug on fossil fuels is disaster without fungible replacements.

Virtue Signaler llr.jpg

Sure thing; in future wars, in the middle of all battles, both sides will stop to recharge and replace their batteries before continuing the fight. Wink, wink—nudge, nudge. Believe it when we tell you . . . the radical leftist green commies do not care at all about our environment, planet—whatever. Global warming alarmism is all about an excuse to seize complete worldwide power over all humans and all natural and manmade resources. It's a global thing, not a national agenda.

I think I read the dems want to run planes on algae oil. Or better yet they want to cancel airflights. Tesla has electric 18 wheelers. But don't know how practical they are.

If the dems put the cancel culture on fossil fuels what will we pave our roads with? Concrete is not practical for everything. That is why we have asphalt...which is crude oil based.

If the filthy dems pulled the plug on fossil fuels overnight you would have a massive die off. We built our world on fossil fuels, pulling the plug on fossil fuels is disaster without fungible replacements.

View attachment 407502
There won't be any military

View attachment 407502

Pardon me, and whilst I normally would refrain from such base comments, "Derp, derp, derp."

View attachment 407502

Pardon me, and whilst I normally would refrain from such base comments, "Derp, derp, derp."
Wacko, wacko, wacko

That all well and good, but unless you charge them with windmills and/or solar cells what good is it I tells ya, What Good is it?

Help it's the DUH Heap State!

I think we have a few U.S. Navy Ships running on bio fuels. Expensive to run.

View attachment 407502
Batteries are getting better fast and many ships already run on electric motors. It is the future. Oil is a finite and very valuable commodity, it is nuts to burn it.

View attachment 407502
Demodimwits know even less about physics and energy than they do about economics.

View attachment 407502

Heavy Trucks are the next think on the chopping block. By 2025, a new class of battery will be available. Right now, the Lip04s density versus weight means that you will need more battery than cargo to make it 600 miles. There are some really creative batteries in testing right now but won't be in production before 2025 that have at least 5 times the power density of the best battery on the market today. Plus, the battery charges in minutes instead of ours since there is no chemical reaction involved. Right now, the Tesla Heavy only has somewhere between a 250 to 350 mile range with an 80K payload and it takes about 5 hours to recharge. With 5 times the power density per weight, that means that the new battery can make a 1500 mile run without recharging or stopping for fuel. If it's a human driver then the Driver is the limiting factor for his food, piss and no more than 10 hours on the road. Considering that the Automous won't be ready well past 2025, I look for more buddy driving and piss tubes.

MOST of the fuel burnt for transportation is done by Cars and light trucks. Those can already be replaced. Many metro bus companies have been headed to Electric for the last 10 years because they can drive them all day without charging. A Metro Bus spends almost as much time stopped and if the bus is stopped, there is no current being sent to the motor. Even the newest Hummer is an EV. Then add the Mustang EV to that list. I'll still be driving my Hemi Grocery Getter and I won't be around to see it go almost all electric but it's coming fast.

As for Heavy Planes, there are a couple of 20 passenger electrics on the market now. For the same reason that shot hops of 300 miles or less, Turboprops work better, the Electric Medium can do even a better job. Limiting factor? The Batteries but that's changing fast. But for long hauls, the Turbo Fan rules that and it can run on just about anything from gasoline to diesel to cooking oil to anything else that can have carbon extracted from it. Much of the Jet Fuel today isn't out of the wells. It's from other sources including Shale and Vegetables and grains.

For Reference I go to the ones that require a bit more from their fuel. The US Navy both in the air and on their Gas Turbine Ships and Boats.

Navy Tests 100-percent Advanced Biofuel – October 17, 2016
And remember, this was done in 2016. The Navy calls it "Green Flag" where they run a 50/50 blend and also the 100% synthetic. The fuel is nicknamed "Beef Fat". And the only difference between the bio fuels and the petro fuels is the price. With the cost of Petro Fuels at an all time low, I don't see the pure bio fuels being used other than testing. But if the Petro Fuel goes up in price, that smell of french fries may not be coming from the microwave in the galley. And now, this includes Commercial Planes. JP5 is being made from both Petro and Bio. The only difference is, one has a red tint to it and the other is clear. The Engines could care less which one is being used. Just remember this, at one time Shale was too expensive to process but they now have the processing down competing with the rock low Petro prices. It may end being the same for the Bio Fuels as well later.

View attachment 407502
They has already created electric powered !8 wheelers.

And remember, these Globalist are trying to close all mines because of greenhouse gases. But the material of these batteries for these electric vehicles comes from out of the ground.

Last edited:
They already have batteries to help them run-duh...
I think batteries will get better over time

there might even be a breakthrough someday that will astound everyone.

the problem is freaked out libs who will ruin the economy because they think the world is going to end unless we go on a crash fossel fuel diet like RIGHT NOW!

Forum List

Back